997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Northern VA-porsche Service- Searched

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Northern VA-porsche Service- Searched

Just wondering who you guys would recommend. I am not a huge Bolean logic fan so maybe I am not qualified to use the search function but I couldnt find much on it.

I have heard of ASG and Authority but authority just closed its doors.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
Originally Posted by Squat
Just wondering who you guys would recommend. I am not a huge Bolean logic fan so maybe I am not qualified to use the search function but I couldnt find much on it.

I have heard of ASG and Authority but authority just closed its doors.
I've been to two places here so far. Convenience Auto Care in Manassas did a ton of maintenance work on my car (plugs, coolant, all fluids, serp belt, etc). When I picked my car up the front diff was whirring like crazy after diff fluid change. They also put incorrect trans fluid in, the oil analysis I ran was quite bad. The guys are nice and they race, so I'm not really sure why that happened. They have the nicest indy shop I have ever seen.

I had my exhaust installed at Green Motorsport in Springfield. They did a decent job. I'm not sure they are equipped for anything serious though.

I've heard nothing but good things about Intersport in McLean, but Convenience Auto Care is actually 'Intersport II' so I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I originally planned to take my car to IMA motorsport in Chantilly but it was further away than the other shops. I think IMA is a more serious shop building race cars etc.

I also heard some good things about RPM performance in Springfield. I found all of these by searching the local porsche forum 'dorkiphus.net'...no idea what that name is all about.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by roybotnik; 08-05-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Do you think Green can do plugs? They have to do about everything you would to do an exhaust as to plugs.

IMA is practically Dealer prices, I mean for 200 more my dealer can do it. Why go with them?

Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 AM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
Originally Posted by Squat
Do you think Green can do plugs? They have to do about everything you would to do an exhaust as to plugs.

IMA is practically Dealer prices, I mean for 200 more my dealer can do it. Why go with them?
Yea... Convenience changed my plugs for $935. You don't need any special equipment or skills to do the plugs, just a lot of time and no regard for the skin on your knuckles. Green can certainly do those but I'm not sure of the pricing.

The dealer is far away from me so that's why I went to these local shops. I live in Woodbridge.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
IMA supposedly hired the Autority guys. Wife works in springfield and I m gone so its gonna be easier to go to Green.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:15 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
I live in NVa and take my car to TPC in Jessup, MD.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:56 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
I recommend TPC Racing also.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:30 PM
plinc is infamous around these parts
NGP in Lorton (on Terminal Blvd like 5 feet from the Springfield line) is fantastic. I've used them exclusively for my 997T and Audis for the past ~4-5 years.