997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The Ultimate GIAC/Champion Motorsport 68mm VTG Upgrade Thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yumaverick
The reason my trap was lower is because I short shifted 5th and 6th gear to decrease stress on the engine. I did the same thing against longboarder. He even noticed why he picked up speed when I was going from 5th to 6th. No way would he have trapped higher if I didn't do that. I was trapping 8mph higher at willow and did a 174 at shift sector earlier in the day. Great race though.
Ken was running on pump gas at Willow, so the car was definitely faster this time. Do you know what you guys were trapping from a dig?

Old 04-30-2014, 12:11 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
Ken was running on pump gas at Willow, so the car was definitely faster this time. Do you know what you guys were trapping from a dig?
I never launched from a dig and I don't think he did either. Only longboarder did.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
Champion car = 169.68
Switzer car = 166.91

I believe longboarder was trapping in the 163-164 range, but he would need to confirm.
I never launched from a dig and I don't think he did either. Only longboarder did.
Yeah I launched from a dig at the back of the runway (true half mile) and my best terminal speed was 166.05 mph.

If I did a roll-on from the cones, I was generally around 160 mph at the cones...although my fastest speed from the cones was 161.8 mph.

Ken and Anthony's car are at whole different power levels than mine. Mine is just more efficient at putting down the power due to the PDK so I can keep up for a little bit.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:35 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
At Willow, when I ran yumaverick, my low fuel light was on. I discovered last month at Bakersfield from Longboarder that the car will not run at full power when the fuel light is on.
I ran two cars from a dig at Shift Sector 5, A Mazda with 740 whp and a truck w/?whp. I have those videos but haven't posted them. I did exceed 170mph but do not know what the exact trap speed was.
I also ran Terry's lightened BMW from a dig but I went into the limp mode during the 1- 2 shift, we ran again and I started out in 2nd gear, gave him the jump, but still passed him.
Anthony, we need to run again!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kenromero
At Willow, when I ran yumaverick, my low fuel light was on. I discovered last month at Bakersfield from Longboarder that the car will not run at full power when the fuel light is on.
I ran two cars from a dig at Shift Sector 5, A Mazda with 740 whp and a truck w/?whp. I have those videos but haven't posted them. I did exceed 170mph but do not know what the exact trap speed was.
I also ran Terry's lightened BMW from a dig but I went into the limp mode during the 1- 2 shift, we ran again and I started out in 2nd gear, gave him the jump, but still passed him.
Anthony, we need to run again!!!!!!!!!
I don't think I'll be at another half-mile event until my motor is built. Ordered the roll cage today. Numeric shifter and cables are on the way too. Still trying to find a shop to build my engine that I trust that has good customer service. Really tough to find these days. Your in great hands with Thomas. He's a class act. Everyone should definitely consider Thomas if your going the VTG route.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I don't think I'll be at another half-mile event until my motor is built. Ordered the roll cage today. Numeric shifter and cables are on the way too. Still trying to find a shop to build my engine that I trust that has good customer service. Really tough to find these days. Your in great hands with Thomas. He's a class act. Everyone should definitely consider Thomas if your going the VTG route.
Anthony have you checked out the CAE shifter? Expensive but no lie...this is the BEST shifter by far!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CAE-Ultra-Shifter_26_b2.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	368470  
Old 04-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Anthony have you checked out the CAE shifter? Expensive but no lie...this is the BEST shifter by far!!

I have not, I'm going to look into it. I did already order the numeric though. I guess I might have to try both to see.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
I finally edited a few races from the Shift Sector event and included a recap of the Switzer (yumaverick) 997.
I do not have the creative video ability of Longboarder so please excuse my camera angles and editing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIR_...ature=youtu.be

Old 05-01-2014, 09:56 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
subscribing.