997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Unlim 500+, Greece, Crete island, November 16-17

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
By the way the Saleen S7 was not running properly (did 11,5 the 1/4 mile) and at its last run we saw oil smoke, and the car never came back from the finish line

Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by milou
2 cars had axle fail
1 transmition
1 engine block cracked
1 detonation
2 nobody knows
The UGR TTG piston cracked and the oil tap jumped out, as a resault it cought fire

Broken axles: DSS or OEM?

Broken transmission: modified or stock?

Detonation: whih car detonated?

do you know 60-130 mph / 200-300 km/h / 100-150 mph figures of the day?

Old 11-17-2013, 10:46 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Ok the slowest GTR was running 340km/h at the mile and the fastest 370, all of them were advertised to have over 1500whp, switser, AMS, some with NOS etc, I believe the transmitions and axles were not stock but I dont really care, what I care is that I've seen some of the fastest youtube icons from the unlim failing one after the other

Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 AM
You can see the figures on dragtimes

Old 11-17-2013, 12:15 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
I watched the live webcast yesterday... amazing cars but plenty of issues...

I am curious to know if the lambo that blew up had its tune altered but the russians...

The blue tiptronic 9977TT is simply amazing! Cant even imagine what thosecars could do with a high tech double clutch transmission that can hold the power!!!

Old 11-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Cheers Antonis.

See this is what I don't get is why do people build a car that lasts for 5 minutes?

What is the point?

Just to brag that you have the highest top speed or highest amount of bhp?

Waste of money IMO.
Totally agree with you Nick, i just thought that they dont brake down so often. By the way none of the three porsches had any issues, they were just a bit slower but bulletproof, that 9ff GT2 and the blue tip turbo were amazing.

Pictures and videos will be posted
Their intentions when building the cars wasn't to break quickly, they expected them to not break.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:47 PM
I totally agree, the thing is that most people believe that GTRs with 1500whp can be driven as everyday cars, and pushed to the limits without any issues, bull****!
On the second day the only cars running were the three porsches, a stock aventador, an M6 and tge RS4.
All the GTRs FAIL!

Old 11-17-2013, 03:15 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Antonis, Thanks for sharing the news. No surprises here. I've heard many motors "blowing up" at that HP level, even less - that's some serious stress on stock block. People don't like to self-report when catastrophic sh*t like this happens, including the ones you mentioned.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:25 PM
CRR
CRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud of
I totally agree, the thing is that most people believe that GTRs with 1500whp can be driven as everyday cars, and pushed to the limits without any issues, bull****!
On the second day the only cars running were the three porsches, a stock aventador, an M6 and tge RS4.
All the GTRs FAIL!
impressed but not surprised that the porsches were most reliable. maybe full mile from a dig is too much for the current builds.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CRR
impressed but not surprised that the porsches were most reliable. maybe full mile from a dig is too much for the current builds.
what kind of p cars were they? meaning how extreme were the builds? To compare the reliability of cars that have 6 times the oem power to more civil builds is not really a fair comparison.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:31 PM
CRR
CRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
what kind of p cars were they? meaning how extreme were the builds? To compare the reliability of cars that have 6 times the oem power to more civil builds is not really a fair comparison.
not sure on that, and you're right that a pcar built to the edge may have had similar issues with reliability. i wouldn't be satisfied with any car that couldn't be driven to and from the event and raced on the street the next day. but that's me. ymmv.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:53 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
im also curious .. if the UGR TTG was unmolested or altered by russian tuning firms

Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 PM
The porsches were a 1200hp GT3RS turbo 9ff, GT2 1200hp 9ff (beast), and the blue tiptronic which is a 4,1L 1200whp beast.

The blue car did many sub 10seconds passes in the 1/4 mile i think one was 9,4sec.
With an exit speed of 350km/h on the mile.

The gallardo was not tuned by any Russian. Actually the Russians had no crew following them!
I was shocked when i realised that.
After the Gallardo was burned on Saturday, we left the track and went for dinner with some Greek friends (mechanic, tuner, part supplier), then they got a call from the lambo owner to visit a workshop, we drove to the workshop and found the lambo hanging on a jack which fixes toyota hilux, and tractors!
At around midnight we found a camera and discovered that one of the pistons was cracked, that was the reason the oil tab jumped out with oil going everywere and the car caught fire.
The Russians were asking people around to find someone who could fix it, me and my friend felt like were in a movie! That was unreal, a UGT was sitting burned into a village garrage and the owner was asking the villagers if they could have it fixed for him.
I havent been there later but i think they have dropped the engine, and asked UGT for parts!

Old 11-17-2013, 11:25 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Lol that's crazy.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:58 AM
PERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the rough
megion is 4.1??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unlim 500+, Greece, Crete island, November 16-17