997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Unlim 500+, Greece, Crete island, November 16-17

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Sure they do, they have already send parts and the engine is being rebuilded

Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
So are there any other tuners including mine (protomotive) who have results on real races and not on durametric and papers??? Something is wrong here... How megions stock 3.6 engine car is the fastest of all !? Where are other tuners... ?!

Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Aisxos
Where are other tuners... ?!
Waiting for a person that wants the race package and wants to go racing with the big boys

Old 11-21-2013, 12:24 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
I think the problem is there arent many events like this in the US so it hasnt really caught on over here. We have events like the TX mile but those are once a year so it is a smaller subset.

I would love to do an all out build unfortunately I cant finance an all out build without making big changes to my life and I am not willing to do that. I would suspect other feel the same way.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
I think the problem is there arent many events like this in the US so it hasnt really caught on over here. We have events like the TX mile but those are once a year so it is a smaller subset.

I would love to do an all out build unfortunately I cant finance an all out build without making big changes to my life and I am not willing to do that. I would suspect other feel the same way.
I believe they are afraid for their reputation... None is sure for his package at 2.0-2.2 bar and they just stay at words and papers...
I cant believe a 4.1 engine with 3582gtx or 3586hta cant easily pass megions car on the mile (espacially above 200km/h )

Last edited by Aisxos; 11-21-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:29 AM
MegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to all
I believe they are afraid for their reputation... None is sure for his package at 2.0-2.2 bar and they just stay at words and papers...
I cant believe a 4.1 engine with 3582gtx or 3586hta cant easily pass megions car on the mile (espacially above 200km/h )
4,1 ltr should be faster no doubt, there is no replacement for displacement.
If my car was with head porting and even 3,8ltr engine it will be more powerful about 150-200whp and this is another league, 1/4 mile under 9 sec, mile under 23 with trap speed near 240mph for sure

Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Wonder what ugr had to say about this.. Do they know this happened?

Originally Posted by milou
Sure they do, they have already send parts and the engine is being rebuilded

The facts are, we have not sent any parts. Out of the 5 cars we have sent to Russia, the 3 that the MOTEC ECU's were broken into (password protected) and retuned for "more power" have all blown up. The Nera (Black Gallardo) that blew up had basically the same package that went 225 mph in the 1/2 mile for us in CA.

Looking at the picture of the piston, it was either ran lean, too much timing or possible the wrong or bad fuel.

There is much more needed than putting a piston in that engine. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with the same results next time out.

Out of well over 100 engines. We have only lost 4 engines. 1 in the US and the 3 in Russia that were retuned by another tuner.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:03 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I saw the owner assuring the mechanic that underground racing will ship them the parts needed, anyway I am pretty sure that the Russians tried to tune the car.
I felt sorry for the car after all I saw, unfortunately they don’t respect their cars, they just have money to spend, not all of them but most of them

Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
I saw the owner assuring the mechanic that underground racing will ship them the parts needed, anyway I am pretty sure that the Russians tried to tune the car.
I felt sorry for the car after all I saw, unfortunately they don’t respect their cars, they just have money to spend, not all of them but most of them

We were going to send them an engine but I think they are trying to fix the one they have there somehow. They are hardcore and love their racing, have to respect that.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
They are hardcore and love their racing, have to respect that.
definitely respect that.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
That's from the mechanic that undertook the job to fix the car

"Hello friends,
The truth is that the car remained in Greece. From now on we are responsible for the rebuild of this engine and also for the remap. The solution for the rebuild of the car will be done in a different approache from what was until know and the whole project it's a joint venture between Exelixis Motorsport, ZOD Development and GTR Racing Tuning. Regarding what caused the damage on the engine all that we can tell you is that we identified the source of the problem and it wasn't a remap caused issue and there weren't any signs of detonation on the pistons.

Theodor Perimenis"

Exelixis Motorsports holds the European record for GTRs at 8.4sec...
GTR Tuning has a number of impressive builds too not at the Lambo level, but definitely a few 8 and 9 sec cars...

The Nera is still on the island, waiting for the motor to come back... Because of their crazy $100K bet, they will open the airstrip just for the Lambo to try and beat the 21sec time... That's some freaking dedication and some BIG pockets!!!

Can't wait to see that!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Finally the engine is in the best hands it could get, in Greece

Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 AM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Interesting developments. Hope they have some good machining tools to rebore/rehone the gallardo motor.

I wonder how much gas they had in the car when this happened...Even if they had the best gas in the world and were LOW in the tank then it could have gone lean.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
So are there any other tuners including mine (protomotive) who have results on real races and not on durametric and papers??? Something is wrong here... How megions stock 3.6 engine car is the fastest of all !? Where are other tuners... ?!
We just need the data. Megion's car is phenomenal, but he's got a TON of road data while there are some other cars with similar/more power that haven't shared similar data in the US. Immediately three 996 turbos come to mind, Tim941NYC, BBi's Project King Kong (these 2 are over 1200 WHP) and BlackHorseTurbo. I know that Tim is using a Motec and BBi is using a ProEFI, but no idea who tuned all 3 of those cars.

Problem is we don't have a lot of events like the Unlimited 500+ in the USA where timing equipment and road space can test 1/4 mile & mile performance (trap speed & ET)

Last edited by Mit_Boost; 11-22-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:15 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
so exelixis are greek owned but located in romania?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unlim 500+, Greece, Crete island, November 16-17