997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD plenum installed today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 01:36 AM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
This is from their site.

Warranty & Returns

IPD has earned the reputation for standing behind each and every IPD product with a 100% full money back guarantee if not completely satisfied after 30 days from receiving the product ordered. This money back guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of any IPD product.

IPD has elevated the customer service bar in the after market industry with their commitment to unparalleled customer satisfaction. If you are not satisfied and wish to return your IPD product please contact our office to obtain an RA (Return Authorization) number. Please include this number along with your original invoice inside the package containing the IPD product being returned.

IPD offers a "Money Back Guarantee". Unlike many other after market performance manufacturers, IPD doesn't give you "Store Credit" unless requested otherwise. All IPD product are designed to deliver the performance improvements we claim, if they are not please return your purchase for a full "Money Back" guarantee.

Innovative Pro Design warrants to the original purchaser that all IPD products will be free from structural and material defects for as long as the original purchaser owns said IPD product. Any and all IPD product will be replaced by IPD if the product is found to be defective or suffers from incorrect fitment issues. IPD will not warranty product that has sustained damage from negligent actions. This includes damage from mishandling product and performing improper installation techniques.

This Warranty does not apply to any matter not covered above and shall in no event apply to:

Any defect, malfunction or failure caused by damage to IPD Product in transit, off highway use, abuse, misuse, accident or negligence.

IPD product that have been altered, repaired or modified in any way, including cosmetic painting or coating of any product not performed by IPD.

IPD Product that has not been installed in accordance with IPD instructions or which has been installed on incorrect vehicle applications

Product experiencing corrosion or cosmetic blemishes occurring after purchase due to use of any caustic cleaning agents, climate conditions or neglect.

IPD will not be responsible for covering or reimbursing customers for labor charges incurred from any IPD product installation or removal

Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
I was simply asking if IPD would sanction an end user verification and validation of their advertised performance numbers.

Asking if I also wanted a free tank of gas is simply immature noise.

As Otoppero noticed, I do have the IPD plenum on my Cayenne Turbo S. I also believe it makes nowhere near the advertised HP or TQ numbers. Unfortunately for me I was unable to return it with in the 30-day period. That is why I believe IPD should increase the return period to a more realistic 90 days. (Unless of course they don’t want a bunch of returns.)

As for verification, I would think they would entertain an impartial 3rd party end user to have their product installed and tested and have no problem offering to cover those costs imposed IF their product does not match or exceed their advertised numbers.
To simply state you can return the product with in 30-days if not satisfied is not enough, at least for me and probably for many of you out there also.

IPD states, “The 997.1 Turbo IPD Plenum delivers horsepower gains of 30 to 35 and Torque gains of 35 to 40 at the wheels.” If that is fact true for my 997 Turbo S let me test it. If it makes those numbers I will sing their praises, produce the dyno on this forum and tell all my other buddies that have Turbos.

Unfortunately, as many of you know a significant number or 3rd party Porsche performance products do not actually make the gains the manufacturer claims. There are many on this forum that will openly state that the IPD plenum did NOT make anywhere near the performance numbers advertised for them. From my own personal experience, I believe this product does not work as advertised. I wish it did.

It looks nice and is made well however that alone is not enough for me to spend another $1,000 plus install, plus dyno, plus uninstall and having to do all that in less than 30 days.

Walt

Old 11-05-2013, 11:45 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Maxrpm1-
"Just want to say that Greg has always given me superb customer service!! I have all of his products on all of my P cars (4) and have installed them on too many customer cars to count - have tested them on my dyno and they work - IPD all the way "

That's great however since you profit from either the sale or installation you would not be considered impartial.

Walt

Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 AM
KW911TT,

"Greg and Mike are the best. Their product works so I have them on all my cars"

Please up load the before and after dyno documentation to this thread for verification.

Walt

Old 11-05-2013, 04:27 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Guys, please wait about a week and I will show how it performs in real life, not a hp numbers. Like I said in the first post, I took few video clips of 60-130 rolling with my friend's 997TT right before I installed the IPD plenum. We will run again sometime next week and take another video clips. That way everyone will see the difference!

Old 11-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
Can't wait...don't introduce any other variables from your first run-wear the same pants, shirt, shoes......stay safe in the endeavor.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
mikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud of
I do not understand how some curvature will add anything significant in terms of performance.. guys just look at it.. how could you even believe it will cause any significant gains???

And look at the price!!! it costs them max $20 to make this thing..

Im going to start selling magnets that clip on your gas tank for better fuel economy.. you guys would fall for that too right?

Some of the **** you see on these forums is ridiculous!!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
curvature? performance? is this off topic?

Old 11-06-2013, 02:13 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
Many tuners have told me the same thing. (plenums, y-pipes, tb's, headers, this exhaust/that exhaust, etc) I have used the most minimalistic parts and have gone faster than there shop cars.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
SWC, That's one part of what makes the IPD guys great. The support to make sure the product works correctly. Even on a used plenum!

Walt, I think that's a great idea. Between the two of you there would be some good feedback. I know Greg and Mike like a good challenge. What do you say guys?

As for $20 parts...I doubt you can provide much more than the packaging hose and o-ring for that ! Maybe there are more than one challenger here? There are many parts that yield different gains and enhancements at many different costs. Some make more hp and some more sound. Some for more and some for less $. As enthusiasts we are all mostly trying to find worth while upgrades that we can enjoy and make our cars more our own. It's not an argument. Opinions differ as on anything. My .02 but there are many reputable sources of various flavors like BBI, Champion, EVOMS, myself and many more who have found great results as claimed and have independent dyno's to show it. I beleive GIAC tested a .2 recently too.

I think you guys will be happy and IPD should take this positively. Can't wait for the results.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:25 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
I would be more than happy to test this out on a dyno next week.

Right now my 997.2 Turbo S is 100% stock. But I'm ordering the Champion/GIAC tune with the switcher which will allow me to run either 1) stock, 2) tuned on 91 octane or 3) tuned on 100 octane.

I'm happy to baseline these three different tunes and then dyno again with the IPD plenum installed. I can even do it all the same day at GIAC.

To IPD: For $1K, I'd be happy with anything greater than 15 wheel hp and wouldn't return it unless it made less than that.

You guys want to see this?

Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder

You guys want to see this?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yes-animal-humor-34758980-499-331.jpg
Views:	1778
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	297781  
Old 11-07-2013, 07:20 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Concur

Old 11-07-2013, 08:00 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
So longboarder will show the dyno numbers and I will show the 60-130 rolling videos to see what kind of performance it makes. BTW my buddy who ran with me is a forum member here. I lost the race by 1~2 cars depends on when to stop. We have same mods(Tune and exhaust). He has AWE exhaust(200 cell cats) and GIAC tune and I have Fabspeed exhaust(200 cell cats) and Softronic tune. So GIAC is a better tune! With IPD plenum installed, I'm hoping my car will be able to catch up with him. I'm waiting for check valve that Greg sent. So stay tuned!

Last edited by swc; 11-07-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Hey there Walt,

IPD stands behind their product 100%. We have sold literally thousands of IPD Plenums and have literally only a handful ever returned. IPD Plenums are sold and installed by countless reputable tuners and Porsche dealerships all over the world. I assure you these shops and dealerships would only install products proven to deliver performance. I don’t think it’s within any Porsche tuning shop’s best interest to sale and install product that doesn’t create satisfied customers. I believe that would be a very short term business model for any shop looking to develop any kind of long term loyal customer base. So you might want to be careful not to “be the guy” who is the reason shops and manufacturers hate making posts on forums.

Anyone who has ever worked with IPD, Turbo Mike or myself knows full well the quality of our products, reputations and dedication the Porsche community. If you lived anywhere in Southern California we would invite you to come down for a free dyno visit. Hell, we would even pay for the gas to and from. But to be completely honest, you’re coming across a little aggressive, so pardon me for being a little hesitant to jump on board your “calling us out” offer.

I’m tempted to say, if you don’t believe the performance gains then don’t purchase the product. If you do believe what other customers have to say then pull the trigger and make the purchase. If you’re not sure, make the purchase and return it if you’re not completely satisfied. I'll even give you a 90 day money back guarantee. I’m just a little confused over all the antagonistic hostility.

All that hat being said, why don’t we extend the offer to a local Southern California 6 Speeder who must be present during all dyno test sessions so that a unbiased third party member who doesn’t have a “dog in the fight” can verify our performance claims. All of the IPD Turbo Plenums deliver 30-35 WHP and even greater torque gains.

If Longboarder is ready we are ready. We have never met Longboarder but would look forward to meeting him and installing an IPD Plenum in his 997.2 Turbo. Of course we will cover all installation costs, any un-installation costs (which there won’t be any), pay for a tank of gas and a celebratory lunch after the test sessions. We would of course like to test the Plenum while the car is still “bone stock” so as to best reflect our performance claims and evaluate the Plenum on it's own merit.

We look very forward to hearing from Longboarder and doing this test with a truly unbiased and impartial 6 Speed member who is open minded about after-market mods.

Cheers,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD plenum installed today