997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD plenum installed today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Wow. Subscribed. Now thats stepping up

Old 11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I'm getting some popcorn. Subscribed.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Gotta love popcorn threads!
I hope that this topic keeps a good vibe and if so it will likely benefit all.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
SWC, That's one part of what makes the IPD guys great. The support to make sure the product works correctly. Even on a used plenum!

Walt, I think that's a great idea. Between the two of you there would be some good feedback. I know Greg and Mike like a good challenge. What do you say guys?

As for $20 parts...I doubt you can provide much more than the packaging hose and o-ring for that ! Maybe there are more than one challenger here? There are many parts that yield different gains and enhancements at many different costs. Some make more hp and some more sound. Some for more and some for less $. As enthusiasts we are all mostly trying to find worth while upgrades that we can enjoy and make our cars more our own. It's not an argument. Opinions differ as on anything. My .02 but there are many reputable sources of various flavors like BBI, Champion, EVOMS, myself and many more who have found great results as claimed and have independent dyno's to show it. I beleive GIAC tested a .2 recently too.

I think you guys will be happy and IPD should take this positively. Can't wait for the results.
We've got specific files for the plenum on the 997.2. Our 9 second files require it.

Looking forward to see if the plenum helps SWC catch the GIAC car. We have a ton of options for him to help him go MUCH faster, though.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IPD Greg
Hey there Walt,

IPD stands behind their product 100%. We have sold literally thousands of IPD Plenums and have literally only a handful ever returned. IPD Plenums are sold and installed by countless reputable tuners and Porsche dealerships all over the world. I assure you these shops and dealerships would only install products proven to deliver performance. I don’t think it’s within any Porsche tuning shop’s best interest to sale and install product that doesn’t create satisfied customers. I believe that would be a very short term business model for any shop looking to develop any kind of long term loyal customer base. So you might want to be careful not to “be the guy” who is the reason shops and manufacturers hate making posts on forums.

Anyone who has ever worked with IPD, Turbo Mike or myself knows full well the quality of our products, reputations and dedication the Porsche community. If you lived anywhere in Southern California we would invite you to come down for a free dyno visit. Hell, we would even pay for the gas to and from. But to be completely honest, you’re coming across a little aggressive, so pardon me for being a little hesitant to jump on board your “calling us out” offer.

I’m tempted to say, if you don’t believe the performance gains then don’t purchase the product. If you do believe what other customers have to say then pull the trigger and make the purchase. If you’re not sure, make the purchase and return it if you’re not completely satisfied. I'll even give you a 90 day money back guarantee. I’m just a little confused over all the antagonistic hostility.

All that hat being said, why don’t we extend the offer to a local Southern California 6 Speeder who must be present during all dyno test sessions so that a unbiased third party member who doesn’t have a “dog in the fight” can verify our performance claims. All of the IPD Turbo Plenums deliver 30-35 WHP and even greater torque gains.

If Longboarder is ready we are ready. We have never met Longboarder but would look forward to meeting him and installing an IPD Plenum in his 997.2 Turbo. Of course we will cover all installation costs, any un-installation costs (which there won’t be any), pay for a tank of gas and a celebratory lunch after the test sessions. We would of course like to test the Plenum while the car is still “bone stock” so as to best reflect our performance claims and evaluate the Plenum on it's own merit.

We look very forward to hearing from Longboarder and doing this test with a truly unbiased and impartial 6 Speed member who is open minded about after-market mods.

Cheers,
Awesome I'd love the opportunity! I live in OC so I'm happy to come by. How does tomorrow morning sound? Because early next week I'm going to GIAC for a tune and I'd like to dyno with the plenum while stock.

As I've stated before but just to confirm...my car is 100% bone stock 2011 997.2 Turbo S with 25K miles on the clock.

And I've never met anyone at IPD. Oh, and for a living I sell my "credibility". I'm an audit partner where I provide opinions on whether financial statements of publicly traded companies are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. So hopefully y'all can trust me too.

Last edited by longboarder; 11-07-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
*subscribed

Old 11-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Subb'd. Hope this happens and interested in the results.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:04 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
I was unaware of IPD's money back guarantee.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:05 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Hey there Walt,

IPD stands behind their product 100%. We have sold literally thousands of IPD Plenums and have literally only a handful ever returned. IPD Plenums are sold and installed by countless reputable tuners and Porsche dealerships all over the world. I assure you these shops and dealerships would only install products proven to deliver performance. I don’t think it’s within any Porsche tuning shop’s best interest to sale and install product that doesn’t create satisfied customers. I believe that would be a very short term business model for any shop looking to develop any kind of long term loyal customer base. So you might want to be careful not to “be the guy” who is the reason shops and manufacturers hate making posts on forums.

Anyone who has ever worked with IPD, Turbo Mike or myself knows full well the quality of our products, reputations and dedication the Porsche community. If you lived anywhere in Southern California we would invite you to come down for a free dyno visit. Hell, we would even pay for the gas to and from. But to be completely honest, you’re coming across a little aggressive, so pardon me for being a little hesitant to jump on board your “calling us out” offer.

I’m tempted to say, if you don’t believe the performance gains then don’t purchase the product. If you do believe what other customers have to say then pull the trigger and make the purchase. If you’re not sure, make the purchase and return it if you’re not completely satisfied. I'll even give you a 90 day money back guarantee. I’m just a little confused over all the antagonistic hostility.

All that hat being said, why don’t we extend the offer to a local Southern California 6 Speeder who must be present during all dyno test sessions so that a unbiased third party member who doesn’t have a “dog in the fight” can verify our performance claims. All of the IPD Turbo Plenums deliver 30-35 WHP and even greater torque gains.

If Longboarder is ready we are ready. We have never met Longboarder but would look forward to meeting him and installing an IPD Plenum in his 997.2 Turbo. Of course we will cover all installation costs, any un-installation costs (which there won’t be any), pay for a tank of gas and a celebratory lunch after the test sessions. We would of course like to test the Plenum while the car is still “bone stock” so as to best reflect our performance claims and evaluate the Plenum on it's own merit.

We look very forward to hearing from Longboarder and doing this test with a truly unbiased and impartial 6 Speed member who is open minded about after-market mods.

Cheers,

Curious on the results. Subscribed. Walt, you headed to MSR this weekend?

Old 11-07-2013, 03:18 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> IPD,

No hostility intended so please don’t take it that way.

There are thousands of products sold by third party manufactures that also DO NOT MEASURE up to their claims however the end user either is not aware of it or simply lives with the purchase for financial reasons. You plenum may actually work. I certainly did not feel it increased the power or torque on my Cayenne Turbo S. So I am a customer, not a disgruntled customer, just a customer that did no feel your product made the gains you stated and since I ran out of time in the 30 day window I simply kept it on my car. I don’t feel it subtracts HP or TQ so it stays attached.

You mention that Porsche dealerships would not install products that were not proven to deliver performance however that simply is not true. They will sell whatever will make them money. Take the K40 Radar detector and laser Jammer as an example. It had historically extremely poor performance against even the easiest police laser guns like the Pro Laser 3. Other guns like the LTI Ultralyte, Marksman, Pro Laser 2 and especially LZ-1 Stalker were basically unaffected by any K40 jamming. I know because I did a lot of the actual testing with the actual police laser guns mentioned against numerous K-40s as well as other systems. Many of the dealerships were well aware they were selling a poorly performing product but simply did not care. (They were making so much money in the sale and installations.)

Back to the plenum. As I said, it may work however for many of us, especially those that have purchased a previous version we would like to see some unbiased 3<sup>rd</sup> party testing that documents the advertised claims. Jotech motorsports has done many dynos for me. I thought this would be an opportunity to test your product and have before and after dyno performance results. I certainly don’t mind spending my time do this. However if your product did not make the HP and TQ claims, which I already suspect are untrue I would require you to pay for the install, uninstall and dyno runs. If you were so confident that your product worked I would suspect you would be happy to oblige and have those results put this issue to rest.

For me I would love to see it make the advertised claims. I would happily give you the dyno charts or you could get them directly from the performance shop. You could even pick the performance shop with a dyno here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area too. I of course would be present for the whole thing.

Just simply stating that if I don’t believe in your product, don’t buy it, is one way to go but demonstrates a lack of confidence on your part that it will in fact do what you say it will do, on my car.

No hostility intended within this response.

Walt

Whiterock- Sorry but will miss MSR. You are welcome to borrow my Aim Solo if you would like. Just PM me.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
Awesome I'd love the opportunity! I live in OC so I'm happy to come by. How does tomorrow morning sound? Because early next week I'm going to GIAC for a tune and I'd like to dyno with the plenum while stock.

As I've stated before but just to confirm...my car is 100% bone stock 2011 997.2 Turbo S with 25K miles on the clock.

And I've never met anyone at IPD. Oh, and for a living I sell my "credibility". I'm an audit partner where I provide opinions on whether financial statements of publicly traded companies are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. So hopefully y'all can trust me too.

That would be great Longboarder,

We need to see if GIAC has their dyno available tomorrow.

We perform all of our dyno tests the exact same way each and every time. The only way to get an accurate evaluation from a performance engine component (on a chassis dyno) is to establish a series of baseline runs, keep the car strapped to the dyno, uninstall the OE intake, install the IPD Plenum, do a series of pulls to get the ECU to "adapt" and then do a series of pulls to establish the performance gains made by the IPD Plenum. This method will eliminate most variables and make for a true "Apples to Oranges" comparison.

Give me a call at your convenience so we can discuss all the details.

Thanks again for all the interest and consideration.

Cheers,

Old 11-07-2013, 03:47 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
That would be great Longboarder,

We need to see if GIAC has their dyno available tomorrow.

We perform all of our dyno tests the exact same way each and every time. The only way to get an accurate evaluation from a performance engine component (on a chassis dyno) is to establish a series of baseline runs, keep the car strapped to the dyno, uninstall the OE intake, install the IPD Plenum, do a series of pulls to get the ECU to "adapt" and then do a series of pulls to establish the performance gains made by the IPD Plenum. This method will eliminate most variables and make for a true "Apples to Oranges" comparison.

Give me a call at your convenience so we can discuss all the details.

Thanks again for all the interest and consideration.

Cheers,
Fantastic - GIAC is literally 5 minutes from my office. I'll give you a call in a bit!

Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Ok guys, I'm out.

I just contacted the two performance Porsche techs I personally know that work at
two different dealerships here in Dallas. Both had the same opinions.
The product will not meet the companies performance gains and not
To waste my money.
That as well as IPDs response to my challenge and personal experience
make this decision very easy.

Walt

Old 11-07-2013, 04:53 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I don't usually get into discussions like this but I have to say I will wait to see longboarder's results. As to WaltB, what I have found out about Porsche dealer techs is they usually don't know a whole lot about the aftermarket performance products that are available for our cars, so I wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on their opinions. If Longboarder's dyno results show 35 whp then it is really a bargain. Subscribed!

Old 11-07-2013, 04:55 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Haha totally sub'd this one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD plenum installed today