997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD plenum installed today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
That is AWESOME!!! Finally put those nay sayers and butt dynos and Porsche techs to rest.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Just wanted to extend a huge thanks to Longboarder for volunteering his 997.2 Turbo S and taking the time to attend the dyno test sessions of his Turbo. As he mentioned, we believe the performance gains would be even better in a real world environment (i.e. street / track driving) with proper air flow. An ECU could even further optimize the power gains of the Plenum across both power curves. So we hope everyone can appreciate the efforts of setting up a full dyno test session within a 24 hour turnaround time to show case another IPD Plenum. Thanks to all the long time IPD Plenum supporters who have installed and experienced the dyno proven performance delivered by the IPD Plenums. We truly appreciate all the positive feedback and praise of the IPD Plenums. And thanks to WaltB for chiming in and forcing us to perform this test on such short notice.

BTW - IPD does not recommend taking your Porsche to any of WaltB’s tuning shops. I guess you’ll have to purchase your IPD products through one of our many fly by night IPD dealers such as EVOMS, Champion Motorsports, Shark Werks, BBI Autosport, Cargraphic, FVD, Fabspeed, GMP Performance, Max RPM, By Design etc. I’m just saying.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9972TurboSDynoGraph_zpsb1095dbc.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	298492   Click image for larger version

Name:	9972TurboSDynoGraph_zpsff5ece2a.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	298634  

Last edited by IPD Greg; 11-11-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:39 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
"Fly by night IPD dealers".

Lololooooololol!

Old 11-08-2013, 06:42 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Certainly looks compelling. Can you please ask them to create a chart with all the IPD plenum runs? I am interested in an average comparison of the three stock vs the average of the Plenum runs. That will indicated to me what the average expected performance increase will be instead of best case.

PS- I bought my Cayenne Turbo S IPD Plenum at Road Sport Supply. Not sure that you could call them Fly by night either.

Thanks,

Walt

Last edited by WaltB; 11-08-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
"I love it when a plan comes together"

Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Well done.

Now all thats left is to setup a crazy discount groupbuy. What better time then now since u have settled the debate once and for all. People should be jumping all over these.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
i am by no means stock - but all i can say is that racing (making pulls) against my level builds (HP-wise) it has picked up 1.5 to 2 car lengths for me when doing pulls 60 to 160 - everything else being equal.

Since we are local - Mike was nice enough to say try it - if you don't feel that it made a difference - I will take it out .. IT IS STILL IN THERE. Currently going from 3076s to 35s and it will remain in there ...

I would say Mike (Trapped 182 @ 1/2 mile) , Orbell (850 to the tire on Alpha 28s) and I are all VERY similar in power levels and we ALL run the IPD plenum.

IPD FTW

Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Tell us something we didn't already know , these things really work & Turbo Mike & Gregg go out of there way to make sure your satisfied .

Last edited by twturbo; 11-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:02 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a simply guy so please help me out here. On the dyno charts, why do the curves converge at 5000? It looks like you get a nice 30+ HP and TQ gain from 3600-4500 RPM but the gap closes from 4500-5000 and then runs flat to redline

what's happening there and why aren't the gains sustained all the way to redline?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 PM
bimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to behold
Well done IPD. I had the ipd 82mm competition plenum on my built 996tt with the ipd cast y pipe. This combination alone made a very impressive spool difference and my over all power band was much stronger. I originally had the 75mm then jumped to the 82mm once I built my motor. This is one of the simplest but most effective mods you can do for the money. The un bias proof is in place now just the way it was proven before.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:54 AM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
Wow, I want to get one now. Is the GT3 TB version only recommended for people with bigger turbos? Does it require a custom tune?

Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 AM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
I am running probably one of the fastest Alpha28's cars if not the fastest @ 851whp and 857ft lb with 29psi. My build is 3.8 with push through air system and 5“IC. The only thing different on my car is the IPD plenum, dimpled Y-Pip and turbo and header blankets, which combined have put me at least 60whp in front of the next guy running the Alpha28's... Hope you can finally recognize the gains by the IPD products. It works, no questions asked!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Ok now I want one.

Can local guys come to IPD?

Old 11-09-2013, 10:11 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aa909
I'm a simply guy so please help me out here. On the dyno charts, why do the curves converge at 5000? It looks like you get a nice 30+ HP and TQ gain from 3600-4500 RPM but the gap closes from 4500-5000 and then runs flat to redline

what's happening there and why aren't the gains sustained all the way to redline?
That may be the limitation of the intake system / ICs / smaller Turbos. AND do keep i mind the 997s do shine at mid range and as expected the plenum is amplifying that range.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Well done both IPD and longboarder!

Also IMO, midrange gain is more important than top end gain. It's hardly feel 30whp difference in the top end but you will definitely feel the difference in the midrange with 30 more whp. Plus when you are rolling race, you will start right at the midrange so that will make big difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD plenum installed today