997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD plenum installed today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
IPD plenum installed today

UPDATE: Posted before and after videos at post #99 on page 7.

Hey guys,
I just installed IPD plenum today. I was debating myself to do this mod or not since there were two different opinions/reviews. However I had a chance to buy a good used one for a good price so I decided to give it a try.
I installed it myself in my garage. The installation was pretty simple and easy. It took me little over 2 hours as a first timer. If I do it again, I can do in 1 hour. The hardest part was connect/disconnect vacuum hoses and fittings on the back of plenum.
After I installed it, I went test drive and I could tell the difference immediately. I know the DME needs to learn the new air flow and needs adaptation period. But it is already giving better response and little more turbo spool sound. I'm sure it will run better after DME adaptation. I will test it with race against my buddy's 997TT which I lost 1~2 cars in 60-130 rolling. I have a video clip on that run. Well, let's see how it makes difference in about week or two.

Pics are from my iphone.

This is a stock plenum after removal of Y-pipe and throttle body.

Stock plenum removed. I also removed oil filter housing for more room to work.

Stock vs. IPD

IPD plenum installed.

Stay tuned for the result sometime next week!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105_zpsd6b16234.jpg
Views:	3288
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	295966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0107_zps0033f1d3.jpg
Views:	3752
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	295967   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108_zps58c2e4ce.jpg
Views:	3535
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	295968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109_zpsa6f34709.jpg
Views:	3316
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	295969  

Last edited by swc; 11-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Ryane8182 has a spectacular aura aboutRyane8182 has a spectacular aura aboutRyane8182 has a spectacular aura about
Very nice. I'm also considering this mod. Keep the info coming on results. Let us know how the race goes.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:59 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait to see how it runs with IPD plenum. haha

Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Could have switched out your throttle body to the larger 68, that and IPD's Y-Tube are a great mod!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Greetings 6 Speeders and SWC,

I just wanted to confirm that your IPD Plenum did in fact have the check valve when you installed the Plenum. In your photo that shows the OEM intake next to the IPD Plenum, the CV is not attached to the Plenum which is how they are delivered from IPD. The CV will improve performance as well. If you don't have one please give us a call and we'll ship one out for you, just pay for shipping.

Click on the link below for a photo of the 997.1 Turbo Plenum

http://ipdplenums.com/products/plenums/9971-turbo

Thanks for posting

IPD Greg

Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IPD Greg
Greetings 6 Speeders and SWC,

I just wanted to confirm that your IPD Plenum did in fact have the check valve when you installed the Plenum. In your photo that shows the OEM intake next to the IPD Plenum, the CV is not attached to the Plenum which is how they are delivered from IPD. The CV will improve performance as well. If you don't have one please give us a call and we'll ship one out for you, just pay for shipping.

Click on the link below for a photo of the 997.1 Turbo Plenum

Thanks for posting

IPD Greg
Thanks Greg! I'm glad speaking with you. What a great customer service!

Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
How much power does the IPD plenum make on it's own? I presume you'd need to be tuned/downpipe to make any difference?

Thx.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Greetings again 6 Speeders,

The 997.1 Turbo IPD Plenum delivers horsepower gains of 30 to 35 and Torque gains of 35 to 40 at the wheels. The 997 Turbo plenums deliver smooth and linear power with considerably quicker boost response creating a longer, stronger and more desirable power and torque curves. The IPD Turbo plenums deliver reliable performance for both stock and heavily modded Turbos and no additional mods are required, including any ECU tuning. All of our HP claims are from bone stock test cars but they are an absolute must for any performance tuned Turbo. We offer 74mm Plenums that utilize the factory OE 74mm throttle body (TB) as well as an 82mm “Competition” version that requires upgrading to the larger 82mm TB. Click on the link below for details or feel free to drop us an e-mail or give a call anytime.

Cheers,

Greg

Old 11-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Former Vendor
MAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura about
Just want to say that Greg has always given me superb customer service!! I have all of his products on all of my P cars (4) and have installed them on too many customer cars to count - have tested them on my dyno and they work - IPD all the way

Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Greg,

How about the 997.2 version and increases expected with my tuned Turbo S?
What additional would I also expect with the Y-pipe?

Any dynos or corroborating evidence of such?

Last question: If I took it to an installer with a dyno and had them do a base line and followup would you pay for the installation, uninstallation, and refund if it did not meet your performance claims?

Thanks,

Walt

Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Greg and Mike are the best. Their product works so I have them on all my cars

Old 11-04-2013, 07:58 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Then I would expect the answer to my last question to be a resounding YES.
Let's see.

Walt

Old 11-04-2013, 10:26 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Walt, when you get that "YES", I assume it may be in PM format, please don't be shy in posting it. I have looked into these a few times do to cost to stated performance gains. The only place that posted any Dyno numbers were VIVID, but I'm still suspicious.

OP, congratulations on the DIY aspect of the install. +1 rep point.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:37 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
They already have a 100% money back guarantee ,what else do you want a free tank of gas

Old 11-05-2013, 01:08 AM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Hope my post was not taken negatively. Far from it, their products look top notch. 100% money back on their product shows that they believe they stand behind their product as well which is also great in this day and age. I believe Walt (don't want to speak for him/her) was asking for a guarantee on HP and Torque claims if installed properly and independently dyno tested.

I like to stay positive, I just was asking if he (WaltB) was PM'ed a reply to his request to post said response. It also looks like he has their product on one of his rides according to his avatar. No free gas requested

Last edited by otoppero; 11-05-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: post posting vision of avatar

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD plenum installed today