997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modified Stock Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:02 AM
TurboRexed is infamous around these parts
This device again amazed me this afternoon. I drove the car on a road with a known bump across the road. This bump is significant enough that I always worry about the front lip hitting the tar on the rebound. I honestly think this DSC controller removed 90% of the effect of the bump, I was so impressed, that I turned around and drove over it with both the other modes as well.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TurboRexed
This device again amazed me this afternoon. I drove the car on a road with a known bump across the road. This bump is significant enough that I always worry about the front lip hitting the tar on the rebound. I honestly think this DSC controller removed 90% of the effect of the bump, I was so impressed, that I turned around and drove over it with both the other modes as well.
Damn....that is a pretty applicable real world use for it. Getting hard not to get this thing.....

Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Just my opinion, I tracked for 3 days and I didn't notice or think of it after I set it to 3. Took an instructor out and he noticed which led to a cool conversation about it. I notice lights in my dash, but that light is pretty small and out of the way.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:23 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Put tape over the light, problem solved until next SW release.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by eurotom
Put tape over the light, problem solved until next SW release.
Shouldn't have to for $1100.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
I'll wait until the blinking light issue is fixed before buying.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
i've had this on my 07 997.1TT since January & the light on the switch is not at all an issue at all to me. (though i do understand those that say they don't want a continual blinking light in car). I don't even notice the PASM/DSC light or switch at all when driving as it's down out of the way where one is not normally looking when driving. To see which mode i'm in I have to stare down at the switch for few seconds to see the # blinks which isn't the best thing to do while driving.

I was an early buyer of the DSC & it's the best mod i've done to car so far- it transforms the stock suspension with a 10 minute installation. I've no affiliation with TPC, just very satisfied with this product- this is my 1st purchase from them-

Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 PM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
Could someone be so kind to post a video of the different blinking sequences? Thank you

Old 06-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by turboboostin
could someone be so kind to post a video of the different blinking sequences? Thank you
+1...

Old 06-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
I'll post a video tomorrow when I get my car back from shop. But not buying because of the blinking light is like not buying coilovers because of the color of the springs. You may not like it but wouldn't you sacrifice a little to have something transform your car because of it. It's not like the interior of your car is a disco at night.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Winnilaker
I'll post a video tomorrow when I get my car back from shop. But not buying because of the blinking light is like not buying coilovers because of the color of the springs. You may not like it but wouldn't you sacrifice a little to have something transform your car because of it. It's not like the interior of your car is a disco at night.
This must be a joke. Once installed coilovers are not to driver nor passenger. In your car (especially at night) a flashing light is distracting. Downplaying that because YOU don't have an issue with it is pretty ridiculous. PLUS, to some of us flashing lights mean warning or error. So having a light flashing in our cars at all times is a no-no. Plus, I don't like the idea of carrying my friends or other people in the car and them having to ask "hey, why does that light keep flashing? Is something broken"? It's almost $1100, I shouldn't HAVE to put tape over it.

I think that if we are buying a product that still doesn't have an official release, and we are going off of other user reviews....I think the light issue could be solved. It's not asking to change the overall characteristics of the device itself, just the display for the user. How they do it is up to them. I personally think it should remain constantly lit, a brief push from the user would allow it to "flash/blink" the number of times that corresponds with the mode. Then go back to solidly lit.

But that's JMO

Old 06-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Thenewguy
This must be a joke.
Geeze, it was kind of a joke, hence the disco comment. My point was that if you wanted the improvement it offers, the blinking light can be over looked. If the blinking light is a big deal, certainly wait for it to be addressed. Meanwhile I'm loving how it changed my ride and the blinking light hasn't impacted my comfort level. If they address it, I'm sure I'll ask for the update.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Installed mine last night. The blinking lights are not bothersome at all. It's not even in your peripheral vision when you're looking at the road.

But if they are to make changes for future runs, keep level 1 light off as others have suggested as this is the normal setting.

Not sure about the three step--I don't know if I'll be encountering many situations where I require the middle setting. Two should be plenty for most people.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spf4000
Installed mine last night. The blinking lights are not bothersome at all. It's not even in your peripheral vision when you're looking at the road.

But if they are to make changes for future runs, keep level 1 light off as others have suggested as this is the normal setting.

Not sure about the three step--I don't know if I'll be encountering many situations where I require the middle setting. Two should be plenty for most people.
What is your opinion on the ride with the unit installed?

Old 06-27-2014, 05:08 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
What is your opinion on the ride with the unit installed?
The porpoising has definitely settled down, which is a nice change from the stock setup. The sofa cushion feel of the stock normal setting now feels more planted and a little stiffer, which is more confidence inspiring. For a lack of better words, it feels more German now.

The stiffest setting feels more compliant than the stock stiff setting, which felt over dampened and chattered over bumps. It seems to absorb the bumps better, helping to maintain better grip over bumpy corners. I'd have to take it to a track day to really test its mettle, but so far, it's pretty promising.

The difference is pretty significant--it feels like I installed a different set of shock absorbers. Pretty impressed with what TPC were able to do with software.

Install is easy once you figure out how to get to it and remove it. First, take off the four plastic screws holding the soft lining underneath the glove box. (sorry for the blurry pic) The control unit is over by the wheel well.

I made the mistake of taking out the mounting bracket along with the control unit. You can just push down on the clip circled in black to release the control module, which then you can slide out.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	392451   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	392452  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified Stock Suspension