997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modified Stock Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 06:09 PM
ammo_collector is infamous around these parts
Just purchased one for my 2008 GT2. Once installed I'll provide some feedback.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Sayajin is just really niceSayajin is just really niceSayajin is just really niceSayajin is just really nice
I asked a while back with no response, but I figured that now more people have the unit I would ask again.

Is anyone using this with a highly modified suspension with lots of track use? I have a complete GT3/Tarrett Suspension swap (for the most part) with Bilstein PASM. There is almost nothing factory left on my car as far as suspension goes.

I know there are several guys using it with "some" suspension mods, and a few people on the track. However how about people with a full suspension build and lots of track use? NASA Nationals is a few weeks away and I am potentially considering this device. Thanks!

-Morris

Old 08-07-2014, 03:12 PM
RedRSA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sayajin
Is anyone using this with a highly modified suspension with lots of track use?
Great question. What would be great and valuable is independent assessment from experienced drivers on track. Lots of great feedback on the product, but what is the effect on lap times? As easy as the system is to swap in/out, viable back-to-back runs should provide some good comparative lap times.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:17 PM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
Hi everyone, I just wrapped up the install on my DSC unit. I made a quick video for everyone to check out the flashing sequences. Enjoy!

Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
This (TPC's module) is the only thing missing from my setup
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...997-turbo.html

Last edited by pureporsche; 08-09-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:47 PM
drvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the rough
Mine's on it's way tomorrow! Can't way to see how this improves my stock suspension!

Will be great to hear from the experienced suspension guys as to what further components bring about improvement once the DSC is in.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:17 AM
ammo_collector is infamous around these parts
DSC arrived yesterday and it took about 10 minutes to install. Even though everything fits perfectly, most of the effort was spent trying to get the DSC back into the plastic frame.

I live in South of market in San Francisco and there's metal panels, potholes, and cracks on almost every street due to the central subway construction. Without the DSC, my GT2's suspension with 6k miles would crash across the road at any speed above 15mph.

After installation, things became immediately smoother on the second and third settings. On the first setting on normal road speeds, the suspension would react without jarring the chassis.

I have yet to drive at speed with the DSC, but already this mod has proven to be well worth the expense. Highly recommended.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:58 AM
NickS is infamous around these parts
Long thread but is this DSC box only for 997.1 cars? If not, is there anyone with a .2 that installed this and saw an improvement?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:59 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
997.2 tts

Just got mine today.
Hope to install tomorrow and let you know how it rides then.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:01 PM
NickS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by farfel
Just got mine today.
Hope to install tomorrow and let you know how it rides then.
Ah.... so it is for 997.2 cars? Cool.... looking forward to your review. Is you suspension otherwise stock?

Old 08-13-2014, 01:10 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
997.2 tts

Stock now but Harris recommends Sway bars.
Going to check it out 1st. Having a really difficult time finding them anyway.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:29 PM
997TTMeister is infamous around these parts
OK. I have read enough.

Harris can you PM me the pricing details?

Old 08-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 997TTMeister
OK. I have read enough.

Harris can you PM me the pricing details?

PM sent!

Old 08-14-2014, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NickS
Long thread but is this DSC box only for 997.1 cars? If not, is there anyone with a .2 that installed this and saw an improvement?

The DSC computer works with both Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:31 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Interesting, not that I really find anything bad with my setup but hey, so many positive reviews cant be ignored. On saying that the blinking would be an issue for me so if that gets adjusted I might be game.

Not sure what I would recommend blinking wise but if something is sorted out (maybe space out the sequence?) please post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified Stock Suspension