997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2014 | 10:10 PM
BigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the rough
Last time it jumped up it was due to being out of stock. I've been meaning to email seller but haven't had the time.

Anyone email the seller since the jump to $500 this week?

Old 07-24-2014 | 08:23 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigBen97
Last time it jumped up it was due to being out of stock. I've been meaning to email seller but haven't had the time.

Anyone email the seller since the jump to $500 this week?
Good point. The last time they ran out they raised the price to $1200. Maybe this is just their way of saying they're out of stock.

Old 07-24-2014 | 08:30 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
I sent them an email. If I get a response, I'll post it here.

Old 07-24-2014 | 03:19 PM
I received a response from 4caroption. They stated that they were currently out of stock. ETA is 8/15, and price will be reduced when stock is received.
I believe 8/15 may be optimistic since the last time they were out of stock, it took quite awhile to get new stock.

Old 07-24-2014 | 03:42 PM
BigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
I received a response from 4caroption. They stated that they were currently out of stock. ETA is 8/15, and price will be reduced when stock is received. I believe 8/15 may be optimistic since the last time they were out of stock, it took quite awhile to get new stock.
Great news!

Old 08-01-2014 | 11:49 AM
grendel88 is infamous around these parts
Painted in white...morning Iphone photos...

Name:  a1_zps25809dfe.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  a2_zps9ee8f848.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  73.0 KB

Old 08-01-2014 | 01:13 PM
9LVN_TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grendel88

Looks great!

Old 08-01-2014 | 02:27 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by grendel88

perfect looks great

Old 08-01-2014 | 05:09 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
Current price seems to be a ridiculous $800-$900. Look forward to it coming back to earth..,

White looks good. Will be sanding mine and painting matte black if necessary.

Old 08-01-2014 | 06:26 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
its out of stock. It will drop in a few weeks.

Old 08-11-2014 | 05:36 PM
Looks like they're back in stock. Price is back to $200

Old 08-25-2014 | 10:43 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Just ordered one (had a slight crack on my OEM aero lip)! Can't be beat for the price ($200 vs. $899). I plan on having the shop paint match to basalt black! Great find and perfect for a consumable piece...I scrape all the time!

Old 08-25-2014 | 11:34 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
I bough mine last week through Ikonmotoring seller:
EBAY ITEM LINK

Now i'm afraid that won't receive the correct part. On the first pic it shows the spoiler with aerokit style, it extends more forward and it has the same price and shape of the other sellers spoilers saying oe aero style. But on my bidding, the description says oe style and the rest of the pics shows cars with standard spoiler. Am i victim of some sort of scam?

Old 08-25-2014 | 11:44 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tiago
I bough mine last week through Ikonmotoring seller:
EBAY ITEM LINK

Now i'm afraid that won't receive the correct part. On the first pic it shows the spoiler with aerokit style, it extends more forward and it has the same price and shape of the other sellers spoilers saying oe aero style. But on my bidding, the description says oe style and the rest of the pics shows cars with standard spoiler. Am i victim of some sort of scam?
I can't speak for Ikonmotoring's product however the ebay seller used here produces a replica turbo aerokit front lip. That said, the image on the site sometimes showed an OEM standard turbo lip! Reading through this thread, many have confirmed that indeed the part is a replica turbo aerokit front spoiler lip... I hope Ikonmotoring is the same thing, you will know soon enough!

Old 08-25-2014 | 02:26 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by akunob
I can't speak for Ikonmotoring's product however the ebay seller used here produces a replica turbo aerokit front lip. That said, the image on the site sometimes showed an OEM standard turbo lip! Reading through this thread, many have confirmed that indeed the part is a replica turbo aerokit front spoiler lip... I hope Ikonmotoring is the same thing, you will know soon enough!
I just wanted to have peace of mind till the spoiler arrive and see if someone ever dealt with Ikonmotoring and received the aerokit replica.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?