997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2015 | 03:41 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Sorry to dig up the old thread, but I bought one of these a couple of days ago from "XPert Tuning" on eBay.

Xpert Tuning eBay link

Having not realized at that time you were all buying them from "4CarOption", I thought I was getting the right thing.

4CarOption eBay link

Advance Tuning eBay link

Excess Motors eBay link

I looked at the several others above and noticed that they are all exactly the same price, appear to be exactly the same item, and the item location for all of them (including 4CarOption) are La Puente, California.

They are all using this as the description:
2006-2008 06 07 08 PORSCHE 911 TURBO 997 OE STYLE AERO KIT FRONT LIP
Fits: 2006-2008 Porsche 997 & Turbo S Models (Does not Fit GT3 or Non-turbo Models)
Material: High quality black urethane
Style: OE style front lip
Durable and bendable. (Will not crack or break).
Super light weight.
Installation instruction and mounting hardware are not included.
Professional installation is highly recommended. Any damage during installation will not be refunded.
Great upgrade for your vehicle's exterior look.
Item is exactly the same as the picture shown.
It can be painted to match the color of your car. But we do not provide painting services.
It appears all the vendors are selling the same lip? Doing a little search though I found some people complaining about poor quality on Rennlist so I'm a little nervous I bought from the wrong vendor.

Old 05-21-2015 | 04:38 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Rix, I have suspected for some time that the listed sellers were, in fact, all the same company for whatever reason. Or they could all be selling from the same supplier.
I don't think that you will be disappointed. For the price, I bought 2 last year, and have been quite satisfied. I had one painted to match the car, and I have kept the other as a spare.

Old 05-21-2015 | 05:34 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
I'm pretty sure there all selling the same lip. Just that some places box them better than others when they ship them. You can also tell because when one runs out they all run out and the price goes through the roof until the supplier sends out more.

Old 05-21-2015 | 06:14 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ctony66
I'm pretty sure there all selling the same lip. Just that some places box them better than others when they ship them. You can also tell because when one runs out they all run out and the price goes through the roof until the supplier sends out more.
Thanks Kwik & Tony. I'll never understand the point of raising the price to $1,000 when they aren't available. I guess they hope someone buys one?

Old 05-21-2015 | 06:16 PM
rix
What's the average price for having one painted?

Old 05-21-2015 | 06:39 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rix
What's the average price for having one painted?
Mine was done along with some other work by a very well respected shop here in GA, and I can't recall the actual breakdown, but it certainly wasn't a prohibitive price. Even if I could recall the price, it may be different from what you may be able to get in your area. You should be able to get ball park estimates from local shops. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Old 05-21-2015 | 07:39 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Back down to $150, sales must be slow, he went up to $200 for a long time. I got one and the finish was pretty poor, couldn't really run it without painting it. It has held up to some good scrapes. Rattle can painted it with adhesive plastic undercoat, matching paint and clear coat, but still not quite what I had hoped. Just didn't get a good gloss.

Old 05-21-2015 | 09:48 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !

For $150, its not bad. I installed mine this week. Fit is tight and finish wasn't too bad.

My stock lip wasn't painted but had a texture to it. This lip doesn't have the texture which may force some the need to paint.

I tire greased it.

For a less maintenance free version, try some spray paint. Remember that the rocker panels below the doors are opaque and dull looking.

Old 05-21-2015 | 09:57 PM
rix
Originally Posted by elite1

For $150, its not bad. I installed mine this week. Fit is tight and finish wasn't too bad.

My stock lip wasn't painted but had a texture to it. This lip doesn't have the texture which may force some the need to paint.

I tire greased it.

For a less maintenance free version, try some spray paint. Remember that the rocker panels below the doors are opaque and dull looking.
My car has the aero kit lip now I think, I'm not 100% clear on it though. Both my front lip and side rocker panels are Guards Red painted to match the car though.

Old 05-21-2015 | 10:05 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Rix, your right on your car. I have the poor mans 911TT version.

In your situation, you have to paint it or start placing K&N sticker everywhere. Options, Options.

Old 05-23-2015 | 06:43 PM
Uberm3 is infamous around these parts
Which ebay seller are you buying from? Concerned about getting proper shipping (where they don't fold it to get it into a smaller box).
Thanks!

Old 05-23-2015 | 08:29 PM
rix
Originally Posted by Uberm3
Which ebay seller are you buying from? Concerned about getting proper shipping (where they don't fold it to get it into a smaller box).
Thanks!
I got it from "Xpert Tuning". It looks like most people have gotten them from 4caroption. I have a feeling though they are all drop shipped from the same place. I'll report back with some comments when it gets here, scheduled delivery is Wednesday via UPS.

Dan

Old 05-23-2015 | 08:31 PM
rix
Originally Posted by elite1
Rix, your right on your car. I have the poor mans 911TT version.

In your situation, you have to paint it or start placing K&N sticker everywhere. Options, Options.
Think I'll go with painted

Old 05-23-2015 | 09:09 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought one from OEM Direct...going to get it painted w/ the clear bra for my half mile and mile events...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2012-PO...e36bff&vxp=mtr

Old 05-23-2015 | 09:13 PM
rix
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Just bought one from OEM Direct...going to get it painted w/ the clear bra for my half mile and mile events...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2012-PO...e36bff&vxp=mtr
Take a picture of the box/label when it arrives and let's compare notes...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?