997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2015 | 10:52 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TypeRx
They have been $104 shipped for a couple months at least. Funny enough, I planned on ordering one on Monday but couldn't find them listed any longer on Ebay (at that price). They came yesterday. Maybe a search glitch on my end....
Yup, plenty of them are selling for $ 103.99.

Now...if only that can happen with the rear splitter...I really want to get one of these but not willing to pay more than $ 300 for a piece that small.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-997-...lWMUxP&vxp=mtr

Old 11-20-2015 | 01:20 PM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Geez, $104 - I'm gonna order another one or two. I already trashed one so my freshly-painted second one is on the car now.

Old 11-21-2015 | 01:51 AM
BigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the rough
Just bought this one, $10 off too, so $94 shipped, can't beat that! http://www.ebay.com/itm/301209868086

Old 12-04-2015 | 09:06 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Got mine. Much better quality than it was a year ago and half the price! It appears to have been painted flat black, but the paint is already chipping off a bit! Debating stripping off the paint entirely. However, I plan to just set it aside until the spring, no point in using it as a snow plow during the winter.

Old 12-06-2015 | 09:49 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Ordered one a couple weeks ago for $104 and also bought a spare brand new one from a forum member. He purchased about 1.5 years ago.

Unboxed both and you can see some clear differences. "Old" one was a bit more flimsy/softer plastic (perhaps less chance of cracking?) and also had a shiny black coating on it. It also had a bit more warping on the bottom of the lip (under the car, so not really seen). "New" one was matte, much firmer, and almost felt a little heavier but difficult to tell.

Both required sanding although the "old" one needed a bit more. I sanded both with 400 grit wet sanding sponges and then moved on to adhesion promoter, Basalt Black spray paint (from Paintscratch.com), and then 1K clear from Paintscratch. However, I wasn't all that impressed with the clear so I looked in my garage and had a can of clear from Griot's Garage (intended for wheel refinishing) from many years back. Worked fine.

Finished product is absolutely passable although definitely not show car quality! But that is okay because my factory painted lowers show plenty of normal wear. I'll install the "new" one next week and the "old" one is already back in its box for a rainy day.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	3.39 MB
ID:	434604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Supplies.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	434606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished 2.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	434607  

Last edited by TypeRx; 12-06-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2015 | 08:15 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Finally installed the sucker. It took a little trial and error to get it on - highly recommend doing the wheel well corners first (including screws) and then "stretching" the lip forwards to get he clips to line up and engage.

Attached Images   
Old 12-27-2015 | 11:30 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Wow, looks awesome RX!

Old 12-27-2015 | 11:56 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
I installed one too, but man, the coating they put on it is really bad - mine is flaking off in a few spots. I bought 2, so I will probably take one in the back yard and refinish it and swap it after the paint is dry and then redo the other one.

But, they do fit pretty nicely and look good. My car is lowered and they are going to scrape everywhere - so far mine has held up well.

Old 12-28-2015 | 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by acf
Wow, looks awesome RX!
Thanks! BTW, this is the "new" lip I bought; the spare I bought from you is painted and ready to be used when this one gets thrashed

Old 12-28-2015 | 12:37 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Glad it worked out, your car is tastefully done

Originally Posted by TypeRx
Thanks! BTW, this is the "new" lip I bought; the spare I bought from you is painted and ready to be used when this one gets thrashed

Old 12-29-2015 | 03:15 PM
Feco is infamous around these parts
Just bought one from this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-Porsch...-/271811947929

I'll post pictures as soon as receive

Old 12-29-2015 | 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Feco
Just bought one from this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-Porsch...-/271811947929

I'll post pictures as soon as receive
Yes, please post pics!

Also, I think that is a Turbo OEM replica, not the "GT2"/aero style, right?

Old 12-29-2015 | 08:27 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kitw
I installed one too, but man, the coating they put on it is really bad - mine is flaking off in a few spots. I bought 2, so I will probably take one in the back yard and refinish it and swap it after the paint is dry and then redo the other one.

But, they do fit pretty nicely and look good. My car is lowered and they are going to scrape everywhere - so far mine has held up well.
Mine was the same. Hope the flaking isn't too bad, will probably install as is. Tried to paint the last one, but the paint didn't stick well (even with the adhesion stuff) and it didn't gloss up very well. Might try to paint it again. At $100, these are totally worth it compared to $200 I paid before.

Old 12-31-2015 | 09:11 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ryem3
Mine was the same. Hope the flaking isn't too bad, will probably install as is. Tried to paint the last one, but the paint didn't stick well (even with the adhesion stuff) and it didn't gloss up very well. Might try to paint it again. At $100, these are totally worth it compared to $200 I paid before.

Yeah, if this (paint and sandpaper) doesn't work, I'll probably just plastidip mine. It'll come off too but it is fairly flexible and easy to touch up.

Old 01-03-2016 | 01:45 PM
LOL -- well that didn't last very long. After less than 75 miles of driving the lip cracked (plus paint flaking in the impact area). It happened this morning...I had a moderate scrape on a dip as I was exiting a shopping plaza at around 5 mph. The stocker would have handled it fine, but this one didn't.

Next wekeend I'll install my backup GT2 replica..for now I just epoxied it back together. I also have my OEM one still but it is pretty beat up. Oh well...

Last edited by TypeRx; 01-03-2016 at 01:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?