997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2014 | 01:44 PM
|
brent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
shipping is included. buy one and if you like it, buy another.
Shipping is free, buy one and see if you like it.

Old 02-25-2014 | 03:18 PM
eNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really niceeNVy997tt is just really nice
thanks for the input and the new find... I ordered one to get painted and see how it holds up. If I like it I will go ahead and order another one. I can see the price going up if the seller moves all these quickly. Ebay shows 10 sold already

Old 02-25-2014 | 07:01 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
I ordered mine 2 days ago. I'll dip it matt black.

Old 02-25-2014 | 08:43 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Got mine today. Need to work on fitment tomorrow as it is a little short on one end. Overall, much nicer than stock and since I'm basalt black, the shinny is fine

Old 02-25-2014 | 10:38 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
^yup the material is polyurethane. fiberglass will crack. i ALWAYS scrape my lip on my driveway (very little, but scrape is scrape). fiberglass wont work for many of us. we need abs plastic or polyurethane.
Indeed...

Old 02-25-2014 | 10:40 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
So how can it be a little short on one end and stil fit? That makes no sense at all.

Old 02-25-2014 | 10:58 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by thackl
Got mine today. Need to work on fitment tomorrow as it is a little short on one end. Overall, much nicer than stock and since I'm basalt black, the shinny is fine

I ordered one as well yesterday. Can you take a photo and show us what you mean by being a little short?

thx

Old 02-25-2014 | 11:27 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by brent95m3
Great contribution for the tt community, I just ordered mine few minutes ago. Hopefully we see prices like this in other items more often, on the other hand seems like we are paying the price of being an owner of a great super car most of the time........

Thank you.

Old 02-26-2014 | 12:12 AM
|
brent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the roughbrent95m3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MK23
I ordered one as well yesterday. Can you take a photo and show us what you mean by being a little short?

thx
I found this as well though got it to fit with a little tugging on the final side to attach (I started on one side and worked my way around). I failed to mention this earlier as after a little work, fit is great.

Old 02-26-2014 | 12:21 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
while we're at it, Brent, to remove the front lip, after removing the 2 screws, in what direction do you pull the lip to pop it out of the tabs ?

I'm having a hell of a time pulling out the two end tabs closest to the screws. they just won't budge!

some of the tabs along the sides and center pop out really easily. I've given up twice now.

Old 02-26-2014 | 12:23 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
btw, this lip matches your gt3 front bumper inlay quite well..

Old 02-26-2014 | 06:31 AM
|
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
while we're at it, Brent, to remove the front lip, after removing the 2 screws, in what direction do you pull the lip to pop it out of the tabs ?

I'm having a hell of a time pulling out the two end tabs closest to the screws. they just won't budge!

some of the tabs along the sides and center pop out really easily. I've given up twice now.
I pulled forward and downwards (fingers behind the lip) towards the ground and they popped out. I also grabbed the side that I'd taken off first and tugged at it. You don't have to worry about clips breaking on the old piece (they're not delicate anyhow so I doubt they would).

Also, thanks on the GT3 insert. Never imagined I'd take a jigsaw to a bumper of a $140k car but it happened.

Old 02-26-2014 | 06:51 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
In 6+ years of ownership I've probably replaced the OEM lip 7 times. Follow Brent's instructions...and it may take a good pull. I've never broken a tab on removal. Also on install I always started with the middle tab and worked towards the two ends...and it's easier to do with the weather warm.

Old 02-26-2014 | 07:12 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Subscribed! This looks awesome. I would plasti dip as well, then add glossifier.

Old 02-26-2014 | 11:55 AM
acf
I'll try pulling downward on the lip to release it. I haven't tried that yet.

The lip tab is so tight to the bumper right now, the bumper plastic flexes quite a bit. It feels like I may break the tab on the bumper if I pull much harder and I don't want to do that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 style plastic spoiler lip for 997TT?