997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need some ECU tuning advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:04 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iglambo
Nice info man

Thanks you sir

Old 01-12-2014, 12:18 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Heard it from some guys who were shopping with FVD, that is why I said I think. Maybe you need to take care of that bleeding VAG instead of trying to come at me. Some people on this forum are so damn sensitive, that is why I hardly look on here anymore. God forbid somebody say they don't like a GTR or Aston Martin, you guys need to grow up and see its only cars. We like em, but why are we fighting and insulting each other over them.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:33 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Heard it from some guys who were shopping with FVD, that is why I said I think. Maybe you need to take care of that bleeding VAG instead of trying to come at me. Some people on this forum are so damn sensitive, that is why I hardly look on here anymore. God forbid somebody say they don't like a GTR or Aston Martin, you guys need to grow up and see its only cars. We like em, but why are we fighting and insulting each other over them.
Obviously you are talking to me and for the record the only person coming on and insulting here is yourself.

You obviously can't take it when your set straight with some facts so you get all defensive!

For the record people are sensitive to people like you chatting ****!

Last edited by GTRNICK; 01-12-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Shops and dealers will push a tune because they are a dealer for that brand and there opinion is not unbiased. Get a large amount of feedback from guys who have personal experience with the different tunes and make up your own mind.
Personally I think softronic tunes are weak in comparison to GIAC or EVOMS, and I think FVD uses softtronic ecu tune.
Any way you look at it, you can't go wrong with an ecu tune on a turbo 911, you will get a night and day difference in power. Don't worry about which product just do it and enjoy it.
Please do some more research before posting on pure speculation. Your statement is absolutely incorrect. FVD has been making our own Porsche software in house since 1983.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 01-13-2014, 10:37 AM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
Opinion is one thing, but a factual error, especially one that goes to the core of a product, is just unacceptable. Especially in a forum where users rely on other users for product analysis. I think Nick had it right calling the error out. No need to go after a member for setting the record straight.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
If you ask me, the choice for anyone concerned with their warranty is Champion/GIAC.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
If you ask me, the choice for anyone concerned with their warranty is Champion/GIAC.

It a shame this doesn't extend across the world.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
What Tom said! You'll get the reliability you're looking for, big power gains, while retaining your warranty. There is no trade off.

We're also the only company with on the fly program switching, so you can choose to add a 100 (or 104) octane race mode to head to the track with. Or add a valet mode for when you don't want another person abusing the car.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:09 PM
ut_farhan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
What Tom said! You'll get the reliability you're looking for, big power gains, while retaining your warranty. There is no trade off.

We're also the only company with on the fly program switching, so you can choose to add a 100 (or 104) octane race mode to head to the track with. Or add a valet mode for when you don't want another person abusing the car.
Austin, feel free to PM me to discuss GIAC options. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:03 PM
ut_farhan is infamous around these parts

Austin, I got your PM, but until I have 15 posts, I cant respond back to you. You have an email I can reach you at?

Old 01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Austin at GIACusa.com

Old 01-14-2014, 09:06 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
It a shame this doesn't extend across the world.

That's a bummer! But maybe they will consider it As you know, not only does GIAC/Champion make a fantastic tune with great features like on on-the-fly map switching (just press a button to go between stock, pump tune and race tune), the support is terrific as well. The guys are always there during the week to answer calls...and I've called a lot of times! Also because GIAC is located in SoCal, their reps (Thomas and Austin) are in attendance at a lot of the weekend track events (Airstrip roll-on events, drag strips, etc) where their customers are. I go to a lot of these events and Austin and Thomas are there to help us! All of this plus the warranty? The value proposition is just incredible!!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:13 AM
iglambo is infamous around these parts
Austin at GIACusa.com
I send you mail yesterday about 2012 Cayenne Turbo remap, but still no answer from you...

Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by iglambo
I send you mail yesterday about 2012 Cayenne Turbo remap, but still no answer from you...
Computer was having some issues. It's back up and running now. Reply coming asap.