997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder at Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Attack 5 - Run Videos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Great video Adam, thanks for sharing. I am so sad that I couldn't make it......

Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Ooh I forgot, next time try to turn around if you want to race somebody in reverse.....lol

Old 04-23-2014, 07:38 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Great video as usual Adam! Looks like it was a fun event, I wish I could have made it out to there again to hang with you guys!

I see there was some more heavy hitters at this even too...glad to see the Porsche's showing them how it's done!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
About time..
I stayed up all night putting this together for you.

haha jk.

Originally Posted by yumaverick
Man how do you get this thing edited so fast!? I'm going to start paying you to do mine lmao.

Great runs bro, your car is much stronger than it was at willow. It was a blast hanging with you and the other guys at the event.

Great video once again!!
Was terrific hanging out with you as well! Can't believe you did the first day on pure adrenaline with hardly any sleep haha! Your car is an absolute beast and it's awesome to get the chance to run your car. Looks like my worst loss of the event (besides the ones from my stupidity) was the one against you.

I have to admit the first time I started vid editing I was pretty bad and then I started using a free vid editing software from microsoft (video editor) and it's very simple to use. I had a template once I made my first airstrip compilation vid so I literally can put one of these together in a matter of hours.

Yeah I'm def happy with the car now. As you can tell it's lacking on the top end but this has got to be the fastest 600 WHP 3,500 lb car on the planet. The level of grip + the PDK just makes the car so efficient...it really uses the power well.

Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
Right?! Pretty sure I saw him running back to Best Western to start editing

Nice runs and great footage, as always! Looking forward to seeing some 60-130 times on race gas.
Thanks again for the race gas Thomas! This combo likes the Fuse gas. I have an extra jug of unopened MS 109 so I think I'll try another 60-130 on that and see if I can get into the low 6's (hoping for high 5's but that's probably not possible until it cools down again).

Originally Posted by akunob
Great video as always, looked like a lot of fun. Gotta ask, how did the intercoolers hold up on the runs?
It was hot out there and the car never skipped a beat! The tarmac must have been 120+ in the middle of the day. Those Champion intercoolers are phenominal.

Originally Posted by mattgarrett
Thanks for the vids!

Originally Posted by kenromero
Adam, another great video!!! This time you added HUMOR!!!! (Aside from beating cars with 200+ stated wheel HP)
It is amazing to see how much faster your car is now compared to Anthony's and mine.
Great seeing you Ken and hanging out with you. Your car is just so pristine I don't know how you keep it in such good condition. And such a beast! You need to get dyno'd again. The 650 wheel you made a GIAC is not fair! That would probably be somewhere near 700 at Cobb and 750 on a dynojet. haha.

Now where are your vids buddy??

Originally Posted by Forujames
Your posts are great. thanks. Nice to see those .1's getting down the track. Who decides if the run is dig or roll? Is that location as desolate as it appears?
Yeah Coalinga is pretty desolate. There's an airstrip, a hospital and a prison...and a bunch of cows and farmland. That's pretty much it. But it's smack in the center of California so we get a big group from both NorCal and SoCal. But there are people from all over the country also. Teh event winners came from Quebec Canada in their insane Lambo.

If you are going for highest trap speed, then you go from a dig at the very back of the runway. That's exactly 1/2 mile. But once you've got your trap then most people just roll-on from the cones which is about 4/10 of a mile. Most people start the cones between 40 and 50mph. It's a negotiation but typically is pretty easy to agree somewhere that is good for both cars to start.

Originally Posted by ronole
Fantastic as usual!
Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
I'm sure it's quite obvious that I love these videos showing what our tuning can do.

But most of all, I am just glad to see you out there have the time of your life in one hell of a car. Great runs, I will definitely see you at the next one.
We missed you bro but understandable and congrats again! It wont be long before my little one is old enough to be my shotgun camera man (if my wife agrees)

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Great videos, thanks for sharing
You're welcome! Hopefully this helps in your evaluation process.

Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
Those are great vids, thanks for sharing! To the guys at GIAC, what do I need to do to break into the 9's? I love my GIAC tune, but I don't recall the 9 second tune as being an option for my car.

Originally Posted by kenromero
That is a great video!! How was all that taken? Which M3 was it, Terry's?
That second vid was from Drew's M3. The gimbal camera remote system was being operated from the passenger in my car. They are still working out the bugs and hopefully the camera screen/remote will be held next time from someone in the stands. They are working on increasing the remote range to over 1 mile!

Originally Posted by 997ttR
Great video Adam, thanks for sharing. I am so sad that I couldn't make it......

Ooh I forgot, next time try to turn around if you want to race somebody in reverse.....lol
Next time bro! The next ones should be here in Oct/Nov.

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Great video as usual Adam! Looks like it was a fun event, I wish I could have made it out to there again to hang with you guys!

I see there was some more heavy hitters at this even too...glad to see the Porsche's showing them how it's done!
Thanks for all the help/support Tom! I couldn't be happier with your products. All your development time/effort was certainly appreciated as my set up has not experienced any hiccups or issues.

It's awesome knowing that I can drive out to these events and back, beat on the car and never once worry that the car isn't going to perform 100%.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:20 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Adam, yes, it was fun spending time at the races again! Too bad you didn't join Thomas, Anthony and I for dinner at Harris Ranch, we had a fun time discussing the Saturday races! The steak was pretty fair, much better than In-n-Out anyway. Also, the room at Harris was substantially better than the Best Western.
Yes, keep me posted when you will have yours dyno'd again, I'll be there also. Considering that GIAC dyno'd it at 650 and Anthony's dyno'd at 830, I wonder what it will come out as when we meet.
I am no where near your capability with the videos. I tried using the gopro apps to turn on and off and found that it wasn't consistent. Thomas is working on the videos of my 2 races with Anthony, let's see what he comes up with. I was running the low fuel light when I ran him at Willow. The videos are showing comparable power, perhaps even more!!
I do agree with you that it is quite fun to beat cars with 200 or more HP than we have!!!!!
NO ONE can beat us without internal engine build!!!!
Yes, I am known to keep my cars pristine, that is my problem though, I like to have a car that looks like new even after 7-3/4 years.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
If you are going for highest trap speed, then you go from a dig at the very back of the runway. That's exactly 1/2 mile. But once you've got your trap then most people just roll-on from the cones which is about 4/10 of a mile. Most people start the cones between 40 and 50mph. It's a negotiation but typically is pretty easy to agree somewhere that is good for both cars to start.
From my experience at the last event I attended with you guys, I think the coolest thing about these events is the laid back attitude everyone has. After the races there was never any "hey you jumped early" or "oh I let off so you could win"....or any of the other typical arguments and bickering you hear at any event that involves a form of racing.

After every race, everyone was all smiles and friendly. The atmosphere of camaraderie, even across the different car brands, was really cool to see. Anywhere else in the country half these races would end in some kind of argument lol. It must be that laid back Cali vibe

Old 04-24-2014, 09:36 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
That's really cool, must be awesome to be part of it. Sounds like some class act people involved.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:52 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=longboarder;4098438]I stayed up all night putting this together for you.

haha jk.

Was terrific hanging out with you as well! Can't believe you did the first day on pure adrenaline with hardly any sleep haha! Your car is an absolute beast and it's awesome to get the chance to run your car. Looks like my worst loss of the event (besides the ones from my stupidity) was the one against you.

I have to admit the first time I started vid editing I was pretty bad and then I started using a free vid editing software from microsoft (video editor) and it's very simple to use. I had a template once I made my first airstrip compilation vid so I literally can put one of these together in a matter of hours.

Yeah I'm def happy with the car now. As you can tell it's lacking on the top end but this has got to be the fastest 600 WHP 3,500 lb car on the planet. The level of grip + the PDK just makes the car so efficient...it really uses the power well.

[QUOTE]

Yeah I was pretty beat! That first pass against a 900whp ZR1 woke me up though. I remember when we raced at Willow and you were so far behind I couldn't see you! What a difference now. You were right with me until 5th gear. I'm remember looking out as I was finishing 4th and you were right there. I was like WTF? Lmao. I can't imagine your car with 800whp it would be destroying 1000whp cars like they were standing still.

What's the name of that template? I still haven't started to edit the vids and Drew is asking for them as of yesterday haha.

Are you coming to M-Fest May 9th-11th in Vegas?

Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Old 04-24-2014, 02:48 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great picture, however couldn't they have taken one where he didn't appear to be trailing an M3..! LOL

Old 04-24-2014, 04:16 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akunob
Great picture, however couldn't they have taken one where he didn't appear to be trailing an M3..! LOL
haha! But I'll link that vid again because it's my favorite. I let him have the start but ended dead even! And what a sweet camera set up!

Old 04-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Here's a vid I just found at the finish line with my run against the BMS single turbo BMW 135i. That's my buddy Serge betting $20 that the 135i would win

Vid quality is poor but I like how my set up surprises people

Old 04-29-2014, 08:02 PM
6Speed Editor
marcus s is infamous around these parts
Awesome videos. Posted to the blog here.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Great video. Looks like a great time. Thanks for taking the time to share it with all of us.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by marcus s
Awesome videos. Posted to the blog here.
Originally Posted by Stage7
Great video. Looks like a great time. Thanks for taking the time to share it with all of us.

Thx guys yeah it's a blast. These types of events are starting to gain traction all over the world. Much more fun than simple 1/4 mile drag racing.