997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Kline Exhaust Installed Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 12:08 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
New Kline Exhaust Installed Today

First of all I have to extend huge bravos to Sam Adhoot at Bydesign who bent over backward to make my purchase of the Kline a painless experience. Sam is truly a great person with whom to do business.

This exhaust really seems to complement the EPL tune that was installed last week - performance, and throttle response show improvement. No dyno data, but my seat of pants can sure feel the difference, and I can't get the smile off my face. Now, since I'm 76 years old, my track days are most probably behind me, but I still love the rush of WOT in sport mode, and will undoubtedly be looking for additional mods in the future.
The exhaust, with 200 cell cats, has absolutely no drone and is actually much quieter than I expected, but that is OK with me and the wife, but if I should decide that I want to irritate the neighbors, I will go back to Sam and get the catless pipes. For now I love this car as much as my two previous P turbos - 87 & 94.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:43 PM
MrMiggy is a jewel in the roughMrMiggy is a jewel in the roughMrMiggy is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the report. I am considering the Kline exhaust as well. Any videos to share?

Old 05-29-2014, 01:08 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrMiggy
Thanks for the report. I am considering the Kline exhaust as well. Any videos to share?
At my age, I'm somewhat technically challenged, and I don't have the equipment to do a video - sorry. I can say however that the Kline is quieter than other exhaust that I've heard on the internet. Cold start and idle - not much louder than stock, but performance is really enhanced.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Dookie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
At my age, I'm somewhat technically challenged, and I don't have the equipment to do a video - sorry. I can say however that the Kline is quieter than other exhaust that I've heard on the internet. Cold start and idle - not much louder than stock, but performance is really enhanced.

I can back that up . I just purchased a car with the KLINE and 200 cels , it is pretty quiet . Actually was considering trying the catless to see.
Any recommendations or input from anyone?

Old 05-29-2014, 02:21 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dookie
I can back that up . I just purchased a car with the KLINE and 200 cels , it is pretty quiet . Actually was considering trying the catless to see.
I have the cattless pipes going in soon, been running my Kline with 200-cells and its a bit too quiet...

Old 05-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Dookie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
I have the cattless pipes going in soon, been running my Kline with 200-cells and its a bit too quiet...
please keep us updated !

Old 05-29-2014, 02:38 PM
MrMiggy is a jewel in the roughMrMiggy is a jewel in the roughMrMiggy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dookie
That appears to be the consensus — the Kline is pretty quiet.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:56 PM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
I'm installing my catless kline system this weekend as well.

-Jose

Old 05-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thank you so much for the kind words! I am very happy you are happy!

I love this system because it really has split personalities. if anyone would like to try catless I have it all in stock and am willing to help out for some vids. It really opens her voice up and still virtually no drone!

If anyone is interested it's all in stock and ready to rock!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I love this system because it really has split personalities.
just ONE MORE reason i know i'm gonna love mine .... next week bro!

Old 05-31-2014, 05:30 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
I have a Kline catless system and it is PERFECT for everyway! Sounds, performance, no drone and price. I don't care about people's choice EP, lol

I only have fly by short video that my friend took.

Last edited by swc; 05-31-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:05 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
I wanted one of these but if it is no louder than stock, I will save my cash.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Al Nunez
I wanted one of these but if it is no louder than stock, I will save my cash.
I did not mean to turn you off by saying it was quiet, Al. It is somewhat louder than stock, but pleasantly so, and not offensive to the neighbors. It roars nicely at WOT. For everyday use it is probably ideal, and for the track, the cats can easily be changed out for the de-cat pipes. For me, the Kline seems to be the best of both worlds at a fair price.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Yep the de-cat pipes is a neat idea. I have a FVD tune on my car right now and love the cold start sound. Have to look into what happens on start up that makes the stock exhaust sound fantastic.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:38 PM
vivid is a jewel in the roughvivid is a jewel in the roughvivid is a jewel in the rough
kwiksilver,

I live in Atlanta and just picked up a 997tt. I am beginning my research into exhausts and the Kline seems to have many good points. I might be asking a lot here, but could I have a test listen? I'm more than happy to come up to you or if you come into the city often I could meet you at a location of your choosing.

Please PM if you are open to this and we can swap numbers and sort out a location.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Kline Exhaust Installed Today