997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

245-35 -19 x 325 30 19 on stock rim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-13-2016, 09:46 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Here's pic of Cup 2 in 245 and 325 running on 12 and 8.75 inch rims at 2.5 bar and 2.3 bar hot.

You can see tyre wall movement at the rear and the Cup 2 has a very stiff sidewall. Very interested to know if the stock wheels can handle the 245 and 325 whilst being leaned on for track use. Be great news if they work on the 11 inch and 8 inch OEM rim for sure rather than having tyre come off on track.
For road course duty use I would not squeeze 245/325s on 8/11s. They will be pinched as you can see in the pic above. 9/12 is what you want at a minimum with 9.5/12.5 being ideal. You always want to run the widest wheel possible per given tire width in order to stiffen the sidewall, increase grip, and improve steering response. I just switched from 9.5/12.5s to 10/13s and it definitely sharpens up the steering response and feel at the limit. On a tail heavy car like a 911 where you have a ton of load going through the rear wheels, you really want the rear tires to fit square on the rim, or better yet with a small amount of stretch. On the RSR, Porsche runs 310s on 14" wheels..

Last edited by pwdrhound; 09-13-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:14 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
For road course duty use I would not squeeze 245/325s on 8/11s. They will be pinched as you can see in the pic above. 9/12 is what you want at a minimum with 9.5/12.5 being ideal. You always want to run the widest wheel possible per given tire width in order to stiffen the sidewall, increase grip, and improve steering response. I just switched from 9.5/12.5s to 10/13s and it definitely sharpens up the steering response and feel at the limit. On a tail heavy car like a 911 where you have a ton of load going through the rear wheels, you really want the rear tires to fit square on the rim, or better yet with a small amount of stretch. On the RSR, Porsche runs 310s on 14" wheels..
I remember when I started this thread quite some time ago...what your saying here is 100% accurate...I bought my car from a out of state friend so I knew I was getting a good car but the guy was a oem junkie...the p zeros on the car sucked and at that point I thought the more rubber the better....well folks I'm glad I put on the pss and stuck with 235/305 combo because in true meaning the car doesn't need it...this width launches so hard and grips so hard I think I'm going to snap something...and for track road use...when your really digging into a turn I feel anything wider and the tire would fly off the rim....these tires sizes are perfect for this car....
Now if you upgrade rims...that's a different story...

Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
I remember when I started this thread quite some time ago...what your saying here is 100% accurate...I bought my car from a out of state friend so I knew I was getting a good car but the guy was a oem junkie...the p zeros on the car sucked and at that point I thought the more rubber the better....well folks I'm glad I put on the pss and stuck with 235/305 combo because in true meaning the car doesn't need it...this width launches so hard and grips so hard I think I'm going to snap something...and for track road use...when your really digging into a turn I feel anything wider and the tire would fly off the rim....these tires sizes are perfect for this car.... Now if you upgrade rims...that's a different story...
Cheaper too!

Old 09-14-2016, 05:57 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
This I 100% agree with!! I would never put on 325's on a 11" rim... that's just dumb. You can say it's acceptable for street use, but honestly for street use you will not be at the limit of adhesion on 305's anyway.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by changster
This I 100% agree with!! I would never put on 325's on a 11" rim... that's just dumb. You can say it's acceptable for street use, but honestly for street use you will not be at the limit of adhesion on 305's anyway.
Speak for yourself

Old 09-14-2016, 07:31 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Speak for yourself
I hook 1300whp in second. You?

Old 09-14-2016, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by changster
I hook 1300whp in second. You?
I like to power slide down a merging dead end street...actually learned how to power slid sideways on that road...I hook 1st and second...car just digs the road....to be honest there so much grip that I had to learn how to launch the car different...I don't just rev the car and dump...I actually get better times actually riding the clutch just a bit for a few feet then floor the gas...better for the car and faster...what tires are you on...

Old 08-08-2018, 08:48 PM
jadkar is infamous around these parts
Resurrecting and old thread yet again......

I have a track day coming up and I have a small window to order parts so here's the question.

245/35/19 tires in the front of a 997.2 turbo on OEM wheels........ Do I need a spacer to prevent rubbing on the suspension???

I am not concerned with cosmetics for this question. I really need to know if I will mechanically rub..... please.... anyone know??

Old 10-18-2020, 03:04 PM
tonupbklyn is infamous around these parts
resurrecting this oldie but goodie.
soooo... what I'm able to understand by comments shared here and other threads I've researched...

on stock 997tt CL wheels (which are 8.5" and 11"), many prefer 245/305 and is even mathematically closer to the oem ratio.
however 245/325 fits/works just as fine even if the ratio is only marginally greater - but no discernible difference. and actually fills out the wells visually nicer (I'm on stock springs) than 245/305.

i have this right?

Old 10-18-2020, 03:19 PM
here are some photos of a fellow member who is also running 245/325. although not stock, his wheels are same size as oem, 19x8.5 and 19x11.

he's been running them for quite some time with zero issues. also stated his friends with 997tt oem wheels run the same.

looks great btw!👍

Old 10-18-2020, 06:57 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Don't blame me for resurrecting this thread, but I put 245/325 Pilot Sport 4S tires on my car a couple of years ago, love these tires BTW. As you can see I have 19" CL's so no chance to add spacers. As a result with stock height as I have the tire sidewall looks a little small. I don't want to over promise here as the difference is slight, but the wheel/tire combo looks a little more robust and fits the opening better.

the opening better.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:01 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
resurrecting this oldie but goodie.
soooo... what I'm able to understand by comments shared here and other threads I've researched...

on stock 997tt CL wheels (which are 8.5" and 11"), many prefer 245/305 and is even mathematically closer to the oem ratio.
however 245/325 fits/works just as fine even if the ratio is only marginally greater - but no discernible difference. and actually fills out the wells visually nicer (I'm on stock springs) than 245/305.

i have this right?
Yes your comments are on-point.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by 550bryan
Don't blame me for resurrecting this thread, but I put 245/325 Pilot Sport 4S tires on my car a couple of years ago, love these tires BTW. As you can see I have 19" CL's so no chance to add spacers. As a result with stock height as I have the tire sidewall looks a little small. I don't want to over promise here as the difference is slight, but the wheel/tire combo looks a little more robust and fits the opening better.

well done!👍

Last edited by tonupbklyn; 10-18-2020 at 10:32 PM.