997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Noob TPMS question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
Noob TPMS question

Although this is my 5th 911 and my 3rd TT, it is my first with TPMS.

When I cycle through the dash options with the stalk, the tire pressure reads out as follows:

front L: 34 front R: 31
Rear L: 40 Rear R: 40

Question 1: how accurate are these TPMS sensors?
Question 2 (assuming the read-out is correct): how big of a deal is the difference and should I get it taken care of / take care of it myself?

Note: I am a 'spirited' driver, FWIW...

Thanks for your feedback.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:35 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Best thing to do is purchase a tire gauge from a local auto parts store. They are very inexpensive and accurate. You can buy digital or analog. Go to your nearest station with air and check pressure manually and adjust as needed. Before driving, check the pressure via dash monitor. See how close it is to the pressure you adjust to. It may not be exact but I wouldn't worry as you know you just set the pressure. Keep the gauge in the glove compartment and your good to go.

For consistency I would fill your tires with nitrogen. You'll find over time you will not have to adjust pressure as much.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:49 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on the tire gauge. I have found a difference of 2-3 PSI between my gauge and TPMS. One of the best investments that I have ever made was an air compressor. Not only can I use a wide variety of air powered tools, but I can adjust tire pressure in minutes.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:43 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
Thanks guys.