997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

open trunk porsche 997 WITHOUT mounted battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Stroker is infamous around these parts
open trunk porsche 997 WITHOUT mounted battery

Hi.

I know how to jumpstart the car with a second battery and the jump start
**** beside the fuses.

BUT I hat to take out the original battery and know I am wondering if this procedure is also possible without a mounted battery or is it not working any more because i cut the circuit by dismounting the battery?

If it is like that how could I open the trunk now???

Thanks for your help
David

Old 12-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Inside fender manual pull

Old 12-16-2014, 01:03 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stroker
Hi.

I know how to jumpstart the car with a second battery and the jump start
**** beside the fuses.

BUT I hat to take out the original battery and know I am wondering if this procedure is also possible without a mounted battery or is it not working any more because i cut the circuit by dismounting the battery?

If it is like that how could I open the trunk now???

Thanks for your help
David
If there is no battery in place then circuit is interrupted so red fuse pull procedure won't work - need to use the manual cable.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Hi, thanks for answering but i went back to the car and solved it!

It is possible without the car battery, but It only worked
with the signal from the key and not with the lever beside
the driver seat.

Regards
David

Old 12-16-2014, 01:25 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stroker
Hi, thanks for answering but i went back to the car and solved it!

It is possible without the car battery, but It only worked
with the signal from the key and not with the lever beside
the driver seat.

Regards
David
Good to hear...but with no battery where did the power come from? You must have had the secondary source connected??

Old 12-16-2014, 02:20 PM
For sure I used a jumper battery, but the question was if it does work without the original battery in place because of the interrupted electrical circuit.

D

Old 12-16-2014, 05:25 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
So you connected a power source to the car (fuse box or lighter jack) and then used the key button to open the frunk?

Old 12-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Subscribed. I did the same and needed to get the manual cable.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Yes, thats it.

I used the red "plug" in the fuse box as written in the manual and opened the trunk with the button on the key.

This is just as written in the manual, but I was lucky that it worked even with no car battery in the car itself.

Regards

Old 12-17-2014, 12:43 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Subscribe

Old 12-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Thanks but it still doesn't make any sense. With the battery out there is an open circuit. I can't see the frunk on it own circuit path direct to the fuse box without power.

Needless to say, glad it worked for you but I am not going to try it for a second time. :-)

Old 12-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Jako
Thanks but it still doesn't make any sense. With the battery out there is an open circuit. I can't see the frunk on it own circuit path direct to the fuse box without power.

Needless to say, glad it worked for you but I am not going to try it for a second time. :-)
That was my thinking also...but I've had the battery disconnected and put power through the OBD port to keep presets, etc. all alive and power seemed to get there just fine without the battery in the circuit.