997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

SamboTT@ByDesign / SRM Intercoolers Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:50 PM
stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !stilov Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Damn, that's like the third time! At least Siri didn't auto correct and call out anyone's "gayness" instead on "gains". I fixed it. Only those who caught it in the same day get to laugh.
Ya I got you on that one. Lol!

Old 04-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Feel free to pm or email for pricing and any help guys!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:06 PM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
Has anyone posted ANY before and after dyno's with a change in intercoolers? I haven't seen any. Do they provide increased power? How much?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:40 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tomb18
Has anyone posted ANY before and after dyno's with a change in intercoolers? I haven't seen any. Do they provide increased power? How much?
I know on my car, I knocked .4 tenths off and picked up 6MPH at the drag strip. Car runs 11.01 @ 128MPH

Old 04-07-2015, 10:12 PM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
I know on my car, I knocked .4 tenths off and picked up 6MPH at the drag strip. Car runs 11.01 @ 128MPH
That's pretty significant. Curious, do you have other mods? Do you need to do anything else like tune etc to gain the benefits of the intercoolers?
Thanks

Old 04-07-2015, 10:21 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tomb18
That's pretty significant. Curious, do you have other mods? Do you need to do anything else like tune etc to gain the benefits of the intercoolers?
Thanks
Cobb Tune, AWE exhaust. The Intercoolers where the last thing I put on.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:12 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Intercoolers are a no brainer, especially for the 997.1. The stock ones are so terrible it is easy for almost any decent intercooler to show gains. Even on stock boost / power with no mods the computer will pull timing after one pull on stock coolers.

Before and after would be nice, but it isn't always easy to do, especially personal installs that are not backed by a shop. I can tell you though, that before I could easily feel power being pulled, even during the first pull while the car was not heat soaked. After installing these, the car pulls hard every time with no loss of power.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
Cobb Tune, AWE exhaust. The Intercoolers where the last thing I put on.

Just to be clear, are your saying that you were trapping 122 with a COBB's tune and exhaust and then you swapped intercoolers (NO RETUNE) and went 128 (picked up 6mph!!)?

122 is low for a tune and exhaust, as a stock Turbo should be around 119-121 stock. Either way 128 is very stout for just those three mods.

Even if the intercoolers picked up 3-4 miles it is pretty great bang for the buck especially for a lightly modded set up.

Where you using the same intercoolers in this thread or another one (if it is another one can you PM which one?).

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 04-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Just to be clear, are your saying that you were trapping 122 with a COBB's tune and exhaust and then you swapped intercoolers (NO RETUNE) and went 128 (picked up 6mph!!)?

122 is low for a tune and exhaust, as a stock Turbo should be around 119-121 stock. Either way 128 is very stout for just those three mods.

Even if the intercoolers picked up 3-4 miles it is pretty great bang for the buck especially for a lightly modded set up.

Where you using the same intercoolers in this thread or another one (if it is another one can you PM which one?).

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Yes, that's correct. Make a long story short, when I had the car on the dyno at AMS it was losing some power up top. They suggested IC's so I picked some up. They gave me a killer deal on a new set of AWE's the had there. I don't know if it was losing power because it was 90-95 out when I had the car dyno'd but now the heat doesn't effect it really. I know the IAT's did go down 45-50 degree's over the stock IC's.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Good intercoolers are always a solid upgrade but alsmost a must on the 7TT.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:54 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
The factory 997.1 intercoolers are borderline junk. 997.2 intercoolers are great though.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Former Vendor
Yes the cooling is great for a 3.5. Flow not so much.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:29 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Love these things, numerous pulls and no loss of power.

BBi Exhaust / Sam(SRM) Intercoolers / 91 octane COBB OTS Tune beat a 2010 ZR1 pretty easily. By the 3rd race it was getting worse for him, I guess heat soak isn't good on those cars

If I had to do it all over again, I would go with these same intercoolers. Very hard to beat the price vs performance.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:25 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Sam,

Please pm me pricing for a 997.1, thx.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
Sent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SamboTT@ByDesign / SRM Intercoolers Installed!