997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sell my car with Mods or Part out and Sell Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Bill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really nice
I like your posts, and your car is a beast, and I've learned a great deal on modding from your input here on 6S. Thank you!

But your car has been beat to death in my opinion, and I believe buyers would be reluctant knowing the full history. Trade at a dealer and those worries disappear!

Truly GLWS.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:50 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bill8411
I like your posts, and your car is a beast, and I've learned a great deal on modding from your input here on 6S. Thank you!

But your car has been beat to death in my opinion, and I believe buyers would be reluctant knowing the full history. Trade at a dealer and those worries disappear!

Truly GLWS.

Thanks for the nice words. Some people wouldn't want the car based on the history I understand that. As a background the car was someone's daily driver for 25,000 miles. No mods and dealer serviced. I've had it for 10,000 and those miles have been pretty much all documented here.

In my opinion tracking the car is what could potentially stress the car, but in my case I've only tracked the car once. And then it went to BBI for evaluation and ended up needing nothing but we changed the brake fluid just in case. The straight line stuff is 10-15 seconds of WOT, not enough for the car to even break a sweat.

I haven't done anything to compromise the car. Only the best of the best components and all tuning and re-tuning has been done with the careful eye of GIAC and remember, Champion has provided an umbrella powertrain warranty based on my package by following their guidelines. My car is CPO through Oct 2016, still dealer serviced, and if something goes wrong and Porsche denies claim, Champion will "make it right".

The car is 100% dialed in right now for anything anyone wants to do - daily driving, canyon carving, tracking or 200+ mph pulls.

After my 991 test drive yesterday I have decided to keep this car for now. Who knows maybe in the future I will change my mind. I liked the 991 Turbo S a lot, but I love mine.

So more vids to come.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:11 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
For your purposes I think you made the right move. The 997s still have a little bit of rawness to their character that was pretty much lost on the 991. While the 991 is a better overall daily type car, it lost some of what makes driving a 911 turbo an "event."

Last edited by A418t81; 05-07-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:15 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
I beat the crap out of my car every day.. tough as hell these cars are if you maintain them and if I were going for a 997.2 and wanted mods like this car is already set up for, like straight line speed... then I would have no problem buying it.

I am not sure how having a properly tuned fast car = "warning warning Will Rogers", for buyers.....

This car seems to get love from the tuner each time it goes out and performs very well at all times

GL Adam whatever you decide

Old 05-07-2015, 07:27 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wolfhedge
I beat the crap out of my car every day.. tough as hell these cars are if you maintain them and if I were going for a 997.2 and wanted mods like this car is already set up for, like straight line speed... then I would have no problem buying it.

I am not sure how having a properly tuned fast car = "warning warning Will Rogers", for buyers.....

This car seems to get love from the tuner each time it goes out and performs very well at all times

GL Adam whatever you decide

+1 on that. These cars are made to be driven. Don't save it for the next guy, drive it the way that puts a smile on your face!!

Old 05-07-2015, 08:22 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Drive it and enjoy it.

If you were to think about getting rid of it, I would advertise it first as is. Mark it up some due to mods, but I would not ask anymore than 20-25% of the value of the mods as that is all you can realistically get, unfortunately.

Someone might appreciate the work you have had done and buy it. If not, then you simply remove the mods, sell them (again, 20-50% value probably) and then put it back to stock, sell it or trade it. It is more work, but, it is what it is.

Seems like you have a great car now anyway, so, just drive and enjoy : )

Old 05-07-2015, 08:50 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
Drive it and enjoy it.

If you were to think about getting rid of it, I would advertise it first as is. Mark it up some due to mods, but I would not ask anymore than 20-25% of the value of the mods as that is all you can realistically get, unfortunately.

Someone might appreciate the work you have had done and buy it. If not, then you simply remove the mods, sell them (again, 20-50% value probably) and then put it back to stock, sell it or trade it. It is more work, but, it is what it is.

Seems like you have a great car now anyway, so, just drive and enjoy : )
I think 20% is way too low. He put the best of the best on this car. The most popular mods. I think he could easily get 50% of their value. I haven't seen anything from IPD, GIAC, or BBI go for less than 50% if even that.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:40 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm interested in your centerlocks

Old 05-07-2015, 01:12 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. Keeping the car for now.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thanks guys. Keeping the car for now.
phewww!! that was a close one!

Old 05-07-2015, 01:38 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thanks for the nice words. Some people wouldn't want the car based on the history I understand that. As a background the car was someone's daily driver for 25,000 miles. No mods and dealer serviced. I've had it for 10,000 and those miles have been pretty much all documented here.

In my opinion tracking the car is what could potentially stress the car, but in my case I've only tracked the car once. And then it went to BBI for evaluation and ended up needing nothing but we changed the brake fluid just in case. The straight line stuff is 10-15 seconds of WOT, not enough for the car to even break a sweat.

I haven't done anything to compromise the car. Only the best of the best components and all tuning and re-tuning has been done with the careful eye of GIAC and remember, Champion has provided an umbrella powertrain warranty based on my package by following their guidelines. My car is CPO through Oct 2016, still dealer serviced, and if something goes wrong and Porsche denies claim, Champion will "make it right".

The car is 100% dialed in right now for anything anyone wants to do - daily driving, canyon carving, tracking or 200+ mph pulls.

After my 991 test drive yesterday I have decided to keep this car for now. Who knows maybe in the future I will change my mind. I liked the 991 Turbo S a lot, but I love mine.

So more vids to come.

Couldn't agree anymore. When I drag race mine, doesn't even seem like I'm beating on it. I tracked it for the first time last Sunday and I feel bad for it, I really think that DE's are much harder on it.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:28 PM
snaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to behold
hey adam as u know i am willing to trade u some of my oem engine stuff even the turn signal headlight plus cash if you ever decide to part anything out , this is Marc btw

Old 05-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by snaketits
hey adam as u know i am willing to trade u some of my oem engine stuff even the turn signal headlight plus cash if you ever decide to part anything out , this is Marc btw
What's up bro. lol at your user name. Gonna call you that when I see you next.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by White Rock
+1 on that. These cars are made to be driven. Don't save it for the next guy, drive it the way that puts a smile on your face!!
Had the Shelby for exactly one year, took all the precautions with the maintenance and fluid changes, but rode it hard just like it was spouse to be done, no crazy burnouts or stupid stuff, just spirited hard core driving and several pulls to 200+++. Plan to do the same with the Turbo S, and yes, it is my daily driver.

Manuel

Old 05-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Bill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really niceBill8411 is just really nice
Hmmmm, I have been afraid to stand on it that hard!

I guess I may be mistaken.......I'll check back then after a summer of picking on some corvettes and camaros that are prevalent in my GM town.

I think my beat to death terminology might have been harsh....I meant to convey that I felt SOME buyers might not buy knowing the history of the car. I did that poorly and I apologize.

I do think you have a uniquely tweeked and tuned tt that may be faster than others w similar mods. You seem to really put a few car lengths on much higher horsepower cars. It is an amazing tt and you obviously have an incredible insight on Porsche tuning.

Glad u are not selling and leaving our forum! Peace and friends.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sell my car with Mods or Part out and Sell Stock?