997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sell my car with Mods or Part out and Sell Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thanks guys. Keeping the car for now.
Glad you're sticking with our platform. No one is getting it done on the .2 like you have (besides Champion Motorsports of course).

Curious- what factors prompted the decision not to move to the 991 TTS? How was the drive compared to your car?

Last edited by Stage7; 05-08-2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:14 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Had the Shelby for exactly one year, took all the precautions with the maintenance and fluid changes, but rode it hard just like it was spouse to be done, no crazy burnouts or stupid stuff, just spirited hard core driving and several pulls to 200+++. Plan to do the same with the Turbo S, and yes, it is my daily driver.

Manuel
How did you get the shelby to 200? The only place in the world it could be done was on the nardo track in italy.

I smell BS.......unless you tuned it to 800hp.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:44 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedsterr
How did you get the shelby to 200? The only place in the world it could be done was on the nardo track in italy.

I smell BS.......unless you tuned it to 800hp.
You don't know me, so please search before you start talking smack...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1035384-POWER-BY-THE-HOUR-TB-Inlet-project-results!!!&highlight=

The car had 827RWHP & 820TORQUE, and as an FYI, the car was well capable of reach 200 mph in stock form. Miami has several roads that you achieve these speeds with caution.

Regards,

Manuel

Old 05-08-2015, 07:12 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
You don't know me, so please search before you start talking smack...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...!!!&highlight=

The car had 827RWHP & 820TORQUE, and as an FYI, the car was well capable of reach 200 mph in stock form. Miami has several roads that you achieve these speeds with caution.

Regards,

Manuel
I had a 2013 GT500, I know full well it could reach 200 in stock form. I won't clutter this thread about this discussion though. But in stock form it could only reach that speed in Nardo. Jamedi stated this himself. Motor trend even tried on their oval to reach 200 and they couldn't. So you could do what Randy Pobst couldn't in stock form or even in the Ford engineers?

Modded to 827, I'm sure on a good straight you'd have no problem. The shelby is a brick as far as aero is concerned.

That's all I have to say on that subject.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:03 PM
nota_troll is infamous around these partsnota_troll is infamous around these parts
I'll take the alignment....HA

Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nota_troll
I'll take the alignment....HA
Sold!

Test driving again at another dealer tomorrow. This dealer is near the Santa Monica canyons and I'm gonna take it on an extended canyon road test drive.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:48 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
Glad you're sticking with our platform. No one is getting it done on the .2 like you have (besides Champion Motorsports of course).

Curious- what factors prompted the decision not to move to the 991 TTS? How was the drive compared to your car?
Well, my car is much more visceral and raw. It's an experience driving it - and all I want to do when I'm in it is mash the gas. But 99.9% of the time that's not how I drive the car. I usually drive like a grandma on the streets. You guys see the 0.1%

For now I'm keeping the 997.2 and not getting into a 991 today...but I may order one for 4 months down the road. I dunno. I have another 991 test drive tomorrow.

As I age my priorities have changed a bit. I realized after dialing in the suspension and going out to ACS that I just don't want to track a $100K car. Too much risk. So I'm going to resume tracking my M3 instead. The 991 would be something I would never track. It has a soft ride. I know I could track it but it is the furthest thing from a track car to me. I wouldn't enjoy it. My M3 does the job and if I smash into a wall no biggie from a financial perspective.

So that's really the difference. With the softer ride and electronic steering and the parking cameras and the nice NAV and the 18-way seats, etc the 991 is flat out a luxury car, and my 997.2 is a visceral sports car. If I get into a 991, it's because my priorities are changing, not because one is better than the other.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:50 AM
OMFS27 is infamous around these parts
I think everyone missed the most important point here
How do you deduct a lease 100%? I may be joining you guys soon if I could do that

Old 05-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by OMFS27
How do you deduct a lease 100%? I may be joining you guys soon if I could do that
Easily....the business pays 100% of it.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by OMFS27
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Easily....the business pays 100% of it.

Well, you have to own a company to take advantage of these rules. In my case, my company is an LLP (pass through) so the car is not in the company. There are actually a couple of reasons I can deduct the lease payments primarily a few of our key clients have a car racing element to them.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:47 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
I never thought I would get rid of my car but I found myself lurking a lot over in the 991 turbo forum lately. Today I went to the dealership to pick up some parts and saw one in the showroom..... must resist......

Old 05-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
I never thought I would get rid of my car but I found myself lurking a lot over in the 991 turbo forum lately. Today I went to the dealership to pick up some parts and saw one in the showroom..... must resist......
Well definitely don't drive one then....that might seal the deal for you.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Well definitely don't drive one then....that might seal the deal for you.
So to wrap up this thread Tom, I drove through the Santa Monica canyon roads with my 997.2 to a Porsche dealer and then got in a 2015 911 Turbo S aero package and then did a test drive through the same canyon roads. The 991 is a lexus in comparison. It's very refined with a ton of body roll and while I liked the electric steering for the street, I felt disconnected once I got to trying to carve up the canyons. For the street it is a huge improvement. For high performance/ track driving...not so sure. So keeping the 997.2 for the forseeable future.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:28 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
In that case, maybe we can get some of the 991 turbo tech to our cars. I want to run mid 9s over 140 mph with 1.3 60 ft

991s are sexy though... Maybe i'll buy my car a boob job or new wheels or something. Spice it up a bit

Old 05-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by ecpChris
In that case, maybe we can get some of the 991 turbo tech to our cars. I want to run mid 9s over 140 mph with 1.3 60 ft
I think from what I understand, the fuel system is little more stout on the 991 so they can run larger turbos before they hit the fuel limit. The 1.3 60-foot time tho...geez that just doesn't seem possible.

I'm going for a fuel upgrade - it's both hardware and software related so GIAC is handling it. Hopefully it will allow for 68's but for now I want to see what I can get out of the stock turbos. Right now GIAC has kept peak boost down to 1.2 bar (peaking somewhere near 30psi with a taper all the way down to 18) so it doesn't have to taper as much if this fuel upgrade works.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sell my car with Mods or Part out and Sell Stock?