997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Think I will Go Gallardo or Huracan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Once you go turbocharged you never can go back to NA . They will feel soulless
I disagree. While i love turbo'd cars there is definitely a place for a nice n/a engine. Ideally you can have one of each.

Yuma i would go with a n/a car if i was you since you are keeping your turbo. The way i look at it n/a and even traditional non-electric motors are on the decline. Gettem while you can. The v-10s and v-12s in viper/lambo/ferrari/merc are getting rare.

If i could have the 911 turbo and one other sports car <100k would be viper, gt3, or vette z06. <200k gallardo, f430, gt3, or r8 and <300k murc, hurrican, or 458.

All JMO of course.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:13 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
wow you guys should move to europe. F430 sells for 60-80k and same for gallardo , there are even 2004 that sells for 55k. Practiclly they are dinosaurs ! not Even fast nowadays and very old look .But you get good price for other cars.

Have you considered 991 gt3 , which is an engineering NA masterpiece (140K-150k),
new c7 z07 witch is an intoxicating fast killer sounding machine (100k) ,
new nsx with dual clutch 9 speed trans, and 4 engines (150K) ,
new mclaren 560S , the best sounding turbo cars I have listen
991 turbo , why not , its the best looking , practical daily
mercedes gt , turbo location very nice for quick replacement

Old 08-16-2015, 05:53 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
wow you guys should move to europe. F430 sells for 60-80k and same for gallardo , there are even 2004 that sells for 55k. Practiclly they are dinosaurs ! not Even fast nowadays and very old look .But you get good price for other cars.

Have you considered 991 gt3 , which is an engineering NA masterpiece (140K-150k),
new c7 z07 witch is an intoxicating fast killer sounding machine (100k) ,
new nsx with dual clutch 9 speed trans, and 4 engines (150K) ,
new mclaren 560S , the best sounding turbo cars I have listen
991 turbo , why not , its the best looking , practical daily
mercedes gt , turbo location very nice for quick replacement
Without question the 991 GT3 must be awesome. But still a'hem just a Porsche. Hand plenty Porsches. I'm ready to scratch the full on supercar itch!

Old 08-16-2015, 06:23 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Evoking
Without question the 991 GT3 must be awesome. But still a'hem just a Porsche. Hand plenty Porsches. I'm ready to scratch the full on supercar itch!
What about the new mclaren 570S ?
Than probably after a year you can upgrade to the new ferrari dino

Old 08-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by turbofever
for what it is worth I sat in a 12c, I was disappointed with the interior. just placing my hand on the sill to lower myself into the car created all sorts of creaking. interior is lacking. yes its a driving machine which I fully understand although I got the kit car vibe within 30 seconds of being around the car.

are they well built?
Crazy well built. CF tube. No expense spared sort of construction. I'm sure you its have mistaken what you heard. They only creak I know of is that little toupey like think sitting atop the instrument cluster. You can move it if you press hard. Otherwise very well built.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Just came from a drive in TT. I love this car. Thinking I will just get 550-2 and keep it! That way it's not 2 4wd cars, one is NA etc!

Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
... 1965 GT40 and keep the Turbo. But I'm sure the wife will find the GT40 too crude - it is a race car afterall. I've decided to get a modern supercar. ...
Have you seen the new Ford GT?

Not the ones that were sold 10 years ago, then tripling in price, I mean the new ones?

If they are half as good in real life than they are on a spec sheet, it will be an awesome car!

Old 08-17-2015, 10:48 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Have you seen the new Ford GT?

Not the ones that were sold 10 years ago, then tripling in price, I mean the new ones?

If they are half as good in real life than they are on a spec sheet, it will be an awesome car!

AGREED! AGREED! AGREED!

I am still amazed that complete design is coming to the streets!

Old 08-17-2015, 05:27 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
If you're thinking Lambo even though much more expensive, I think you're better off with a Huracan than a Gallardo. Gallardo prices are going down like a rock. The new car is just amazing.

Of course take the Gallardo down to Dallas Performance and...

Old 08-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Four of us did Exotics Racing in Vegas. Highly recommended. Of the group, I had the most experience by far with different cars. We drove the high end stuff and we all (including my wife) unanimously picked the 458 as our favorite, including over the Huracan.

The Huracan was fast, but visibility, ergo and visibility not as good as the 458. Would need more time in it to appreciate it more. And I love AWD for daily driving too.

Normally aspirated is awesome, the sound is fantastic and I predict the Speciale is going to appreciate as years go by. The last of the NA Ferrari's will be highly coveted.

Once you go turbocharged you never can go back to NA . They will feel soulless
I hardly think so. Reviewed a P1 and a LaFerrari. The V12 in the LaF was the clincher.

Originally Posted by yumaverick
Needs Turbos! Will get boring after a couple months
Not that a 10 second N/A car is boring, but then I saw your signature, lol!

Old 08-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by rix
If you're thinking Lambo even though much more expensive, I think you're better off with a Huracan than a Gallardo. Gallardo prices are going down like a rock. The new car is just amazing.

Of course take the Gallardo down to Dallas Performance and...

Huh, where are you looking. LP Gallardos have barely if at all dropped with release of Huracan. Clean 13/14's are $160k-$180k and have been there for the past year. The bottom of G market 2004+ have already bottomed at $90k and are rising back up.

I agree the Huracan is a beast. But not sure its worth $100k more to me in terms of actual enjoyment. For the extra $100k I could enjoy a mint and near new G AND an S550 or used Rapide, Viper, Alfa 4C and a nice motorcycle or a few trips to Europe and... you get the picture. I can get the Lambo experience and have so much more left over. Why tie up another $100k in what is only 20% more experience if you will?

Instead of $250k on Huracan what I am open to is $200k for a 650S coupe. That car outperforms Huracan, cost more when new and is brilliant. Otherwise I'm thinking I save my $ and enjoy LP-560

Old 08-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I think you answered your own question to your thread and I couldn't agree with your more!

Huh, where are you looking. LP Gallardos have barely if at all dropped with release of Huracan. Clean 13/14's are $160k-$180k and have been there for the past year. The bottom of G market 2004+ have already bottomed at $90k and are rising back up.

I agree the Huracan is a beast. But not sure its worth $100k more to me in terms of actual enjoyment. For the extra $100k I could enjoy a mint and near new G AND an S550 or used Rapide, Viper, Alfa 4C and a nice motorcycle or a few trips to Europe and... you get the picture. I can get the Lambo experience and have so much more left over. Why tie up another $100k in what is only 20% more experience if you will?

Instead of $250k on Huracan what I am open to is $200k for a 650S coupe. That car outperforms Huracan, cost more when new and is brilliant. Otherwise I'm thinking I save my $ and enjoy LP-560

Old 08-17-2015, 06:47 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Seems like the 13/14's have come down ~10k recently. Could be my imagination, I have been pondering one myself for a turbo build.

Agree with you on the 650S, I really like the Mclaren. There is something about that car. People see it and they don't even know what it is. There are certainly fewer of them out there than the Lambos.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:06 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
650 first choice
huracan second choice
12c third choice

The 650 is above a Huracan in my opinion. And the 12c is an amazing car. The price is right and you can drive them long distances in comfort.

I have gt3 and a 12c. The gt3 is just another porsche, well built and fun, but the mac is on another level right now. Carbon fiber tub, hydraulic suspension, and the speed, Did I mention the speed.

Either way you can't go wrong with either cars. Good luck

Old 08-18-2015, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by rix
Seems like the 13/14's have come down ~10k recently. Could be my imagination, I have been pondering one myself for a turbo build.

Agree with you on the 650S, I really like the Mclaren. There is something about that car. People see it and they don't even know what it is. There are certainly fewer of them out there than the Lambos.
LOL, have not seen G's drop noticeably. But even $10k is like 6-7% in a year. Hardly "dropping like a rock". That said, the newer or expensive any car you buy the more room it has to fall. Unless its so rare it will only go up as in case with CGT, Ford GT etc.

650S is quite cool. If you want instant recognition from ANYONE into cars or not its Lambo for sure. McLaren is less known. Its like Porsche and even Lambo are the Breitling/Rolex whereas McLaren is the Patek, Breguet, Jaeger LeCoultre if you will. More expensive, perhaps better built but less known! I suspect McLaren owners therefore get less of the "******bag" stereotyping and random angry people ;-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Think I will Go Gallardo or Huracan