997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Think I will Go Gallardo or Huracan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Think I will Go Gallardo or Huracan

Ok, so I've been stalling buying Italian forever. I was about to get a remake 1965 GT40 and keep the Turbo. But I'm sure the wife will find the GT40 too crude - it is a race car afterall. I've decided to get a modern supercar.

Have a lift coming so I'm debating keeping 997TT as its just a super car and I believe will appreciate - albeit no where near like 993 but nonetheless! May go Huracan, LP-560 or 650S!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4384967

Old 08-12-2015, 02:37 PM
yah996 is infamous around these partsyah996 is infamous around these parts
My Porsche dealer told me, (turbo driver) they will come back...

Nice cars, Huarcan is different world, even a 570s would my trip last longer.
V8 flatplane instead of V10 crossplane or flat 6?

Have fun

Old 08-12-2015, 02:37 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Your Porsche is so sick. Someone's going to get an awesome machine.

Good luck with everything keep us posted on what you get and how you like it.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you do go a different route, my vote is for the 650s.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:47 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
My only issues with 650 are:

1) the crazy steep depreciation. Sure the 12C bottomed out at $160k but it also had a MUCH higher sticker than Gallardo!

2) It is a bit steril compared t G. Yes its stupid fast, has incredible suspension as it goes from S class smooth to track car. But it doesn't have the same sense of occasion inside or out (even with vertical doors), nor in the soundtrack dept.

Yet it reminds me of my NSXs in that its ahead of its time, minimalist and special.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:55 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Once you go turbocharged you never can go back to NA . They will feel soulless

Old 08-13-2015, 06:08 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
While I never drive a Huracan, I have driven the 650S spyder. If I had the coin, I'd own one. Getting in and out is a bit tricky as I am 6'3" but once inside, its a beast. I drove with a team MC race driver doing the first leg, then we switched and although I never got close the limits as he did, its just an incredible car.

I was instructed to POP the air brake and those brakes make my PCCB look weak. It just a crazy, crazy ride. I wish I could make the comparison but the Huracan is not in the cards for me.

Originally Posted by Evoking
My only issues with 650 are:

1) the crazy steep depreciation. Sure the 12C bottomed out at $160k but it also had a MUCH higher sticker than Gallardo!

2) It is a bit steril compared t G. Yes its stupid fast, has incredible suspension as it goes from S class smooth to track car. But it doesn't have the same sense of occasion inside or out (even with vertical doors), nor in the soundtrack dept.

Yet it reminds me of my NSXs in that its ahead of its time, minimalist and special.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Once you go turbocharged you never can go back to NA . They will feel soulless
Uh, n/a has less power sure. But I've never heard a V10 or V12 n/a car being called "soul less" compared to a turbo car LOL. I think its the other way around. Drive a 650 or 12C and an LP560 back to back. Then tell us which one feels more fun...

Old 08-13-2015, 08:08 AM
yah996 is infamous around these partsyah996 is infamous around these parts
Uh, n/a has less power sure. But I've never heard a V10 or V12 n/a car being called "soul less" compared to a turbo car LOL. I think its the other way around. Drive a 650 or 12C and an LP560 back to back. Then tell us which one feels more fun...

hmm. I still believe all McLaren V8 Flat-planes where turbo charged.

The 12c is maybe the most underrated car in Europe. Looks like a real "Hyper Sportscar" and you can get a "used" car almost for the same price than a 997 turbo S. A is 991 GT3 is more expensive.

The engine/2clutch maybe is the best what you can buy for this less money. Even the carbon chassis will normally hype this car in the 200k range but it is not.

I wish I could afford the insurance, maintenance and warranty cost for this car.

Last edited by yah996; 08-13-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:54 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Interesting thread! I'm in a similar boat, but I will not be selling my turbo. I'm looking to add another car. On the fence between a Ford GT, 997 GT2, Mclaren MP4-12C.

The GT is a bit more than the others. Ideally I think I'm leaning towards the Mclaren and waiting till winter to see if I can scoop one up for 140k. Evoms makes a kit for 20k that is simple. Tune, Exhaust, Built factory turbos, injectors, and the car makes 730whp. It would be like a baby P1. Car has ran 9.97 @141 in Arizona with those mods. Put a Mickey Thompson on the rear and drive it around town

Old 08-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Dr. SS is infamous around these parts
Huracan all day

Old 08-15-2015, 03:42 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr. SS
Huracan all day
Needs Turbos! Will get boring after a couple months

Old 08-15-2015, 03:49 PM
I agree that if I spend $250k Huracan is the pic. It's a new Lambo and will be current for at least another 10 years.

If spending $170-$200k it is a tough pick between Gallardo and 12C. The 12C is the more technologically advanced car in nearly every way - and is faster with better handling AND ride. And it's a newer design. Gallardo has been here since 2004. If I go 12C Spider I also get to have open top! BUT it has Lambo looks/presence, sound and charisma. And will it be cooler and worth more $ to have a 16 year old Lambo a than McLaren?

Old 08-15-2015, 03:53 PM
I agree that if I spend $250k Huracan is the pic. It's a new Lambo and will be current for at least another 10 years.

If spending $170-$200k it is a tough pick between Gallardo and 12C. The 12C is the more technologically advanced car in nearly every way - and is faster with better handling AND ride. And it's a newer design. Gallardo has been here since 2004. If I go 12C Spider I also get to have open top! BUT it has Lambo looks/presence, sound and charisma. And will it be cooler and worth more $ to have a 16 year old Lambo a than McLaren?
You can get a 12C for around $150,000 if you look hard the next 3-4 months. Gallardo is boring stock. Shifts slow and old body style.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:38 PM
650s coupe or 12c spider? They aren't too far off in price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Think I will Go Gallardo or Huracan