997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Installed Europipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Alankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant future
Installed Europipe

Hi Guys,

I have a gen 1 turbo tip and added a europipe stage 1, I love the product and respect its quality. However I would like more volume from the car. Europipe have strongly suggested that europipe stage 2 would not be suitable for my car and that was even after I repeaditly insisted.

Is there anything else I can to increase the sound, of course I would like the noise purposeful rather than just loud.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:08 PM
dudley123 is a glorious beacon of lightdudley123 is a glorious beacon of lightdudley123 is a glorious beacon of lightdudley123 is a glorious beacon of lightdudley123 is a glorious beacon of light
exactly why I insisted on going Catless.. Best bet is to sell the EP1 and buy EP2 or have Stef replace the unit..

General Consensus level of "loud" is not very loud at all with these cars I've noticed. I can't justify spending 5k+ on an exhaust and only raise the noise level by 10-20%.. Doesn't make sense. Did quite a bit of research and ended up with a catless Kline made out of Inconel.. Even then, I was honestly hoping to have had a bit more sound.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:16 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Klines are loud at WOT. Sounds amazing

Old 09-14-2015, 07:56 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I don't believe it's an issue with "loud" with the EP2 and Tip - it's the drone that results from having the Tip and louder exhaust.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:02 AM
Alankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant futureAlankey has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I don't believe it's an issue with "loud" with the EP2 and Tip - it's the drone that results from having the Tip and louder exhaust.
This is what ep said. More drone would not be good.

If I was to keep the exhaust is there any othe component that's adds sound?

Thanks

Old 09-15-2015, 03:31 AM
Sanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dudley123
exactly why I insisted on going Catless.. Best bet is to sell the EP1 and buy EP2 or have Stef replace the unit..

General Consensus level of "loud" is not very loud at all with these cars I've noticed. I can't justify spending 5k+ on an exhaust and only raise the noise level by 10-20%.. Doesn't make sense. Did quite a bit of research and ended up with a catless Kline made out of Inconel.. Even then, I was honestly hoping to have had a bit more sound.
+1

I agree, I have been running the EP2 for years, tell Steff to make the change, for the most part the EP1 is loud only when you want it to be..........

Old 09-15-2015, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Sanook
+1

I agree, I have been running the EP2 for years, tell Steff to make the change, for the most part the EP1 is loud only when you want it to be..........
Have you been running it on a tip? Stef was 100% not recommending it for the interior noise.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:19 AM
Sanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura aboutSanook has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Alankey
Have you been running it on a tip? Stef was 100% not recommending it for the interior noise.
No, I have it on a manual box, I guess it could be different; however Stef tried to talk me out of the EP2 as well due to the noise and some level of drone. For my own taste I find both well within reason.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:33 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Sell the EP buy Kline, simple fix

Old 09-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Go with Speedtech race X catless 3", it is just simply music to my ears!

Manuel

Old 09-15-2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys have emailed EP to see what my options are.

Interesting to hear about Kline doesn't get good feedback on UK forums.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:04 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alankey
Interesting to hear about Kline doesn't get good feedback on UK forums.
That is a bit of a surprise to hear, I bought one used with 200-cells for only 1100€ including shipping to Sweden. And been super happy with it.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Exhausts for the 997 turbo are an interesting discussion topic. They seem to be either too quiet or too loud. I realize that sound preference is a very subjective thing, but it's not often that you find people who are very happy with their exhaust system.

I know two turbo owners who have removed aftermarket exhausts and gone back to OE parts because the aftermarket exhausts were too loud. I've been thinking of a Kline inconel system for my car, but I'd hate to spend all that money only to be unhappy with the sound.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hello everyone. In regards to the comments and any questions regarding Kline innovation...
There are several options to choose from now. Stainless, titanium and even Inconel. Then we have several catalytic converter options as well as decat all modular for desired performance levels and sound control. Lastly, there are three muffler and piping size/configuration options. I offer a 100% guarantee on what we steer you towards after a conversation. If you're not satisfied we will change whatever we need in order to take care of you. I have called it the SamboTT guarantee. Anyone with an existing system or interested in a new one feel free to give me a call or email even if it's just to inquire so you have all the facts.

Cheers

Old 09-15-2015, 01:59 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
If you're not satisfied we will change whatever we need in order to take care of you. I have called it the SamboTT guarantee.
That really is an amazing offer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Installed Europipe