997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD Y-Pipe and Plenum to compliment Kline and Cobb 997.2 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Nine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud of
IPD Y-Pipe and Plenum to compliment Kline and Cobb 997.2 Turbo S

Just received my new IPD y-pipe and plenum from Sam at By Design Automotive. Great service and fast shipping as always. Really excited to see what difference this might bring to my current setup. Too bad I won't get a chance to install until I return from Cali next week. Should be good for a few ponies in the mid range.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0830.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	428992   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0831.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	428993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0832.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	428994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0833.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	428995  
Old 09-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome! The parts for our cars have come such a long way. Almost everything you want to just hang on the wall.

Glad you did this upgrade on its own so you can give is your feedback!

Old 10-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Nine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud ofNine11Mikey has much to be proud of
Finally got the car back from the dealership - needed rear tires, alignment, windshield and some scuff repair from an over-eager driver who was behind me at a light.

Install thoughts: The pipe and plenum were relatively easy to install. The plenum did require a bit of patience and finessing, but fit nicely once in place.

Initial thoughts: I didn't really "notice" anything at first with normal driving. The car clicked through the gears with usual ease. However, once I put on a few more miles, there was noticeably less "lag" past the 3500 rpm mark. After putting the car in sport plus and shifting manually, the throttle response in this area was more crisp than before. Turbos were a bit louder and exhaust is deeper.

Current driving: The pull down low has not changed dramatically, save for the increased turbo noise. The exhaust note remains nicely deep. Mid range pull is more aggressive, especially noticeable with highway driving. Pulling out to pass with minimal throttle input is not met with the typical "lag," but instead presents an eagerness in the car that is greatly appreciated. The boost gauge jumps more quickly, and higher, and the result is a much happier driving experience.

Conclusion: Would I recommend the plenum and y-pipe? Yes. Not only do they provide a more pleasurable, normal condition driving experience, but also they provide a more consistent and powerful pull when my foot is into it. Thanks again to Sam at By Design for assisting me in getting the most out of my Turbo S!

I would greatly appreciate any member suggestions on what next may be the most beneficial mod to further compliment the car. (Currently: Cobb, Kline de-catted, y-pipe, and plenum)

Cheers!

Old 10-17-2015, 10:17 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nine11Mikey
Finally got the car back from the dealership - needed rear tires, alignment, windshield and some scuff repair from an over-eager driver who was behind me at a light. Install thoughts: The pipe and plenum were relatively easy to install. The plenum did require a bit of patience and finessing, but fit nicely once in place. Initial thoughts: I didn't really "notice" anything at first with normal driving. The car clicked through the gears with usual ease. However, once I put on a few more miles, there was noticeably less "lag" past the 3500 rpm mark. After putting the car in sport plus and shifting manually, the throttle response in this area was more crisp than before. Turbos were a bit louder and exhaust is deeper. Current driving: The pull down low has not changed dramatically, save for the increased turbo noise. The exhaust note remains nicely deep. Mid range pull is more aggressive, especially noticeable with highway driving. Pulling out to pass with minimal throttle input is not met with the typical "lag," but instead presents an eagerness in the car that is greatly appreciated. The boost gauge jumps more quickly, and higher, and the result is a much happier driving experience. Conclusion: Would I recommend the plenum and y-pipe? Yes. Not only do they provide a more pleasurable, normal condition driving experience, but also they provide a more consistent and powerful pull when my foot is into it. Thanks again to Sam at By Design for assisting me in getting the most out of my Turbo S! I would greatly appreciate any member suggestions on what next may be the most beneficial mod to further compliment the car. (Currently: Cobb, Kline de-catted, y-pipe, and plenum) Cheers!
Congrats. IPD products are awesome. As far as what's next...have you even been to a race track with your car?

Old 10-18-2015, 04:00 PM
longboarder,
I have not had my car to a track, it is a daily driver. I had planned to, but the little crack in my windshield held me back (safety regs). Now that I have addressed that, I hope to find an opportunity when we have some nice weather up here.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:18 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Sam is a good guy, fair pricing and prompt shipping.
Multiple purchases and will buy again from him.

QUOTE=Nine11Mikey;4415377]Finally got the car back from the dealership - needed rear tires, alignment, windshield and some scuff repair from an over-eager driver who was behind me at a light.

Install thoughts: The pipe and plenum were relatively easy to install. The plenum did require a bit of patience and finessing, but fit nicely once in place.

Initial thoughts: I didn't really "notice" anything at first with normal driving. The car clicked through the gears with usual ease. However, once I put on a few more miles, there was noticeably less "lag" past the 3500 rpm mark. After putting the car in sport plus and shifting manually, the throttle response in this area was more crisp than before. Turbos were a bit louder and exhaust is deeper.

Current driving: The pull down low has not changed dramatically, save for the increased turbo noise. The exhaust note remains nicely deep. Mid range pull is more aggressive, especially noticeable with highway driving. Pulling out to pass with minimal throttle input is not met with the typical "lag," but instead presents an eagerness in the car that is greatly appreciated. The boost gauge jumps more quickly, and higher, and the result is a much happier driving experience.

Conclusion: Would I recommend the plenum and y-pipe? Yes. Not only do they provide a more pleasurable, normal condition driving experience, but also they provide a more consistent and powerful pull when my foot is into it. Thanks again to Sam at By Design for assisting me in getting the most out of my Turbo S!

I would greatly appreciate any member suggestions on what next may be the most beneficial mod to further compliment the car. (Currently: Cobb, Kline de-catted, y-pipe, and plenum)

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Old 11-16-2015, 02:07 PM
mfawaz is infamous around these parts
Sam - Can you PM Cobb AP and Kline exhaust with 200 cell for 997.2 TT?

Thanks

Old 11-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi, you got it. And in stock!