997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PASM disable with Durametric Pro - WORKS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 12:43 AM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
PASM disable with Durametric Pro - WORKS

Hi everyone,

I have been searching around and couldn't find a definitive answer to how to disable PASM on a 997tt, without a PIWIS. The Durametric Pro can do it - I just successfully did it today.

I installed Ohlins R&T coilovers in my 09 997tt cab, that are NOT pasm compatible after the nightmare on my 07 997tt coupe with the Bilstein B8 sport PASM compatible shocks. (stupid PASM wires coming out of the bottom of the shocks, what a dumb design!) Anyway, I had the PASM error which meant no sport mode.

I heard a bunch of conflicting information - I know that with the PIWIS, you disable the PASM module in the gateway and have to do the handover procedure - the Durametric didn't require that. I just unplugged the PASM module in the passenger side footwell (on the right side, not the center console connection that some people removed - that's the G sensor) and then used the Durametric to change the Gateway entry for PASM to 'Not Installed' and that solved the issue. Sport mode works fine and no other errors were present.

Hope this helps someone who was trying this in the future.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:22 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Awesome! I am trying to do some work with other modules as well. One of them is the CD error when most of us instal a gateway for music like Dension.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Shardul is infamous around these parts
Nice work!

Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
This is great, thanks for sharing the steps.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:43 AM
s.ratha is infamous around these parts
Could you show us a picture of the module in the passenger foot well and how to access it? I am dying to find out. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:03 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Not my photo, but this is what the module looks like after you've pulled it out of the frame. It clips into the frame, and you just need to pull the carpet back on the right side, behind the kickpanel in front of the door. It's near the top of the carpet.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Another photo with a bit more context

Old 02-29-2016, 03:07 PM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
I am trying to do this now on our car. Can you confirm the steps? Did you clear any of the pasm error codes before disabling?

1) pasm shocks disconnected
2) pasm module disconnected
3) Using durametric - set pasm in gateway to uninstalled

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2016, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by Webspoke
I am trying to do this now on our car. Can you confirm the steps? Did you clear any of the pasm error codes before disabling?

1) pasm shocks disconnected
2) pasm module disconnected
3) Using durametric - set pasm in gateway to uninstalled

Thanks!
That's it!

Old 03-06-2016, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by kitw
That's it!
Followed your steps this time, and it worked! Thanks!

Old 12-14-2021, 01:39 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so glad I found this thread. My local shop told me there would be no problem using their PIWIS system to remove the faults caused by swapping in a set of coilovers. The second I started it and pressed the sport button I got a christmas tree of alerts and warnings. I told them and they took it back in the shop to try again with PIWIS. The PASM and Sport mode failures would not go away. They told me they needed to source some "blockers" to trick the PASM computer into thinking the original dampers were in place. I drove home angry at them because I know people who have successfully installed coilovers without any hardware to mimic the old dampers.
It took me less than a minute to find this thread when I got home. Sure enough, the PASM module was still plugged in. I removed it and drove back this morning and of course once they set PASM to "not installed" everything was fine. Why don't mechanics use google? It must be an ego thing.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:25 AM
alidonka is infamous around these parts
hi
This is what the module looks like once you've pushed it out of the frame, but it's not my shot. It clips into the frame, and all you have to do now is pull the carpet on the right side, behind the kickpanel in front of the door, back into place. It may be found at the top of the carpet.
real estate turkey villa for sale in turkey

Last edited by alidonka; 02-07-2022 at 02:20 AM.