997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

kline for 997.1tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 06:47 PM
shreddedsessions is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up kline for 997.1tt

new on here but just wanted to write an unbiased as possible review of my new kline exhaust on my 2008 997.1tt cab. I first want to say I was very hesitant on getting a kline exhaust for my tt because there is not as much info on them on the web as other major exhaust manufacturers. I just picked up my car from the dealer where i had the kline cattless exhaust 65mm with cobb tuner installed. I can't express how relieved and impressed with how everything turned out. initially I was going to go with a fabspeed x pipe but I'm so glad I took a chance and went with the Kline. after speaking with Sam from By Design Auto I learned so much about exhaust technicalities, my car, and the importance of getting the right system for each specific car and engine. the guy is super nice and really knows his stuff! customer service was amazing which is rare these days.
I was thinking about going with fabspeed straight pipes, got nervous about the loudness, then thought about the fabspeed x pipe because it sounded good from the sound clips on youtube. I wanted something tame upon start up because of my neighbors, but when wot growled and roared. the kline does this. it's tame on idle and little to no drone when cruising, but wot sounds like an earthquake! the construction of the kline is solid, welds are tight, and I like the fact that it's one piece similar to stock design, but much smaller. the install is precise, you must tighten each side slowly from driver side to passenger side back and forth which tells you that design is truly exact and custom to the vehicle. I will post pictures and hopefully sound clip at a later date. The power increase is scary. I was hesitant about the catless option but after install i realized that it is the way to go. it's not raspy like I feared, no vibration, and not excessively loud or obnoxious. they claim 40hp gains with catless version, and cobb claims 60hp increase with stage 2 tune. cobb tuner couldn't be more user friendly, plug and play all the way with freedom of changing tune within 30 seconds is the way to go, trust me. stock boost is about 14 I believe, after this set up psi meter is reading 17, but probably a little higher. you know you made the right decision when the shop who installs your goods is as excited about the system as much as you are. i haven't had it dynoed, but I truly believe 100hp over stock 997.1tt with this set up is accurate, if not more. if you're unsure or nervous about a kline system you can rest assured that you are making the right decision for this car. Do your car and yourself a favor and get with sam at by design auto and he'll have you convinced, he's got years of experience with porsches and knows what works for max power and sound quality, which is what were all looking for right? If you ask anybody with a kline system I can almost guarantee that they'll tell you the same. anybody else on here have the kline? please comment.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:38 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Congrats on your Kline system. I agree with you. Sam is excellent with Customer Service and pricing! He stands behind his products w/o hesitation. The Sambo Guarantee is real.

I also have a Kline system. Complete from SS Headers to Inconel Exhaust with 200 Cell CATS. The sound is smooth and wails in the upper RPM, with a hint of GT3. Definitely not obnoxious at cruising or start up. My system is probably more subdued compared to yours, so I can only imagine the melodious and sonorous sound yours make in the upper RPM. I have a 911Tuning tune and together, they transform an already strong car into a potent beast, like you have noticed with yours.

Enjoy your new found power and sound in bliss!

Old 11-03-2015, 08:47 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Sam is no doubt the best. I am very happy with the 200 cell Kline SS system on my car. In the future I'd like to see what catless feels/sounds like. Also, I can't say the tips are my favorite but overall, no doubt an awesome system and at a much better price point than other systems out there

Old 11-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Sam is no doubt the best. I am very happy with the 200 cell Kline SS system on my car. In the future I'd like to see what catless feels/sounds like. Also, I can't say the tips are my favorite but overall, no doubt an awesome system and at a much better price point than other systems out there
Not sure about what tips you have? I ended up pulling the trigger on the kline carbon fiber tips. I have carbon fiber accents on the interior so figured i'd keep it goin. You are gonna pay for em cause theyre the real deal carbon, but i think the look pretty sic. Not sure if they change the sound at all but itd be a shame to drop serious coin on a system and not be happy with the tips was my thinkin. I wasnt feelin the other after market quad tips cause then youre makin it look like a 4s.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:21 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Beware, the CF tips, as beautiful as they are, will yellow over time due to the heat from the exhausts. I also have the CF tips, and now they're beginning to yellow.

Originally Posted by shreddedsessions
Not sure about what tips you have? I ended up pulling the trigger on the kline carbon fiber tips. I have carbon fiber accents on the interior so figured i'd keep it goin. You are gonna pay for em cause theyre the real deal carbon, but i think the look pretty sic. Not sure if they change the sound at all but itd be a shame to drop serious coin on a system and not be happy with the tips was my thinkin. I wasnt feelin the other after market quad tips cause then youre makin it look like a 4s.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Beware, the CF tips, as beautiful as they are, will yellow over time due to the heat from the exhausts. I also have the CF tips, and now they're beginning to yellow.
Hey thats no good, what type of exhaust do you have or does that not matter?

Old 11-04-2015, 06:31 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
I am very sure that if you buy something that doesn't stand up to the test of time with normal use that Sam / K-Line will take care of you if purchased from them.

I have seen the carbon tips and they do look really good, I personally haven't seen the yellowing on the ones sold with the K-Line system yet, but stranger things have happened. (friend has the K-Line exhaust)

Old 11-04-2015, 07:05 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
I also bought the Kline exhaust, with 200 cell cats, from Sam. Very happy, and I am considering catless or 100 cell. It looks like the swap out is fairly easy.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
The carbon tips are great looking. My exhaust tips have a very similar design but in black chrome. I am more a fan of large quad tips but am fine with what is on there for now (I bought the car with the exhaust installed).

I can't believe how $$$ simple tips are for this platform. I guess its all part of the "Porsche tax". I'll swap to fabspeed tips or similar when I find a good deal. Exhaust itself is fantastic.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by shreddedsessions
Hey thats no good, what type of exhaust do you have or does that not matter?
It doesn't matter what exhaust you have. If the CF material cannot stand the heat, it will yellow. Just a matter of finding the right CF material that can withstand the heat.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
I too have a kline w/200 and it doesnt sound like i was hoping. I think, just like stock, it sounds great outside but inside i dont really get any exhaust tone. My noise is all air induction. It is definitely better with the window down.

I was hoping for some sucking noise, turbo whistle/spool, and exhaust in upper rpms but didnt really get any of that. I just get a loud engine/intake sound i feel. Im sure it is a hodgepodge of above though.

That being said i am benefiting from the performance and weight savings and the kline does not drone and is great quality so far so i cant really complain (no drone was my #1 priority)

Maybe catless would help who knows.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:34 PM
What other mods do you have? With Fabspeed intake and IPD plenum (plus Kline SS 2.5 exhaust and GIAC tune) I get plenty of turbo whistle/spool along with lots of air induction. And when above 4K rpm and floored...the exhaust screams.

I agree it is not a very loud in cabin experience (from the exhaust) during less aggressive driving or when not in sport mode.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I don't have a whole lot to compare it too in person side by side, but I do feel like the non cats give it a much more raw sound. a lot of the porsche exhausts i feel almost make them sound higher pitched like they're trying to make a ferrari throaty/raspy sound instead of that classic porsche rumble. porsches have a much different sound to them and I feel that that the kline maintains the uniqueness of this. so maybe the no cats accentuates this? if I didn't have neighbors I think I would probably would have gone with straight pipes because they probably provide more power, which is why we buy porsches, but they are just too loud for my taste.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TypeRx
What other mods do you have? With Fabspeed intake and IPD plenum (plus Kline SS 2.5 exhaust and GIAC tune) I get plenty of turbo whistle/spool.
Inlet pipes, gt2rs coolers, cobb.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
shreddedsessions your words mean the world to us! Thank you for the kind words!
That is the reaction Kline must give!

Yogi911 tell me more about your system, you can PM or email. Depending on what system and cat option you have, we can make it louder

808c2s Frank I am glad you are enjoying your Kline system! The CF tips are constantly being improved, we have a new revised design which completely isolates the carbon from the heat. No more heat problems. A new set will come your way shortly!

As usual, we take customer service very seriously. Anyone has any kind of problems feel free to contact us at anytime!

More goodies to come from Kline!

Felix

Last edited by Felix_Kline; 11-06-2015 at 03:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: kline for 997.1tt