997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Confused Correct TPMS Sensor Numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 08:46 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
Confused Correct TPMS Sensor Numbers

Two of my TPMS sensors failed I believe due to depleted batteries. I want to replace all four sensors so I decided to search the internet to see if I could buy them cheaper than the $142.95/sensor and $25.00/valve stem that Sun Coast is asking (approximately $700.00 shipped - WOW!)

My research indicates that Huf manufactures the Porsche OEM 433 mhz sensors and Porsche marks them up. As far as I can determine the Porsche part number is 9976060021. The equivalent Huf number is either RDE001 or 7PP907275F. When I called OE Wheels, Tire Rack, TPMS Guys and several other TPMS sales outlets they show these numbers either belong to an 09 or a 10 TT, but not both (very confusing). Because Porsche changed sensors in 2010 I have to carefully choose the correct sensors (BTW check out Sun Coast close out for four un-mounted OEM 997.2 sensors for $100.00).

Huf (OEM) prices vary greatly for the same sensor but I can get four with installed valve stems shipped from OE Wheels for $299.00 so I want to ensure I have the right part number.

Does anyone know the correct Porsche OEM part number and the equivalent matching Huf part number? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:52 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I have used sensors out of newer cars without any problem and they seem to work just fine. I will post when I get home as I have a bunch sitting in the garage.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4ocious
Two of my TPMS sensors failed I believe due to depleted batteries. I want to replace all four sensors so I decided to search the internet to see if I could buy them cheaper than the $142.95/sensor and $25.00/valve stem that Sun Coast is asking (approximately $700.00 shipped - WOW!)

My research indicates that Huf manufactures the Porsche OEM 433 mhz sensors and Porsche marks them up. As far as I can determine the Porsche part number is 9976060021. The equivalent Huf number is either RDE001 or 7PP907275F. When I called OE Wheels, Tire Rack, TPMS Guys and several other TPMS sales outlets they show these numbers either belong to an 09 or a 10 TT, but not both (very confusing). Because Porsche changed sensors in 2010 I have to carefully choose the correct sensors (BTW check out Sun Coast close out for four un-mounted OEM 997.2 sensors for $100.00).

Huf (OEM) prices vary greatly for the same sensor but I can get four with installed valve stems shipped from OE Wheels for $299.00 so I want to ensure I have the right part number.

Does anyone know the correct Porsche OEM part number and the equivalent matching Huf part number? Thanks in advance.

I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS with the same sensors! Unless the shop has a tool to program it to YOUR car it is useless. It might say 433mhz and our cars operate at 433mhz, but it still needs to be able to speak the same coded language as your cars receiver. It has to be programmed to your car. I have the same set of sensors sitting in my car. I am returning them as they didn't pick up after 1 week of driving and the shop does not have the tool to program it.

I went to a Porsche specialty shop and they have aftermarket ones that he programs to my car. He took out the ones I have and informed of the above and installed his and bang it is working fine!

He charged me $400CDN to install, balance and for the part.

Hope that helps!

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 11-11-2015, 01:13 PM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sens...-Sensors-SET_4

I bought the ones from the link above, cost me $149.00 shipped for the sensors (yes for all 4 of them) and $60.00 to replace them all at discount tire. (I have someone there I trust).

Happy to report no issues with those sensors, and now I don't have to constantly check the tires manually.

My car is a 2007 997.1 Turbo. Hope this helps!

Old 11-11-2015, 01:55 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I bought the ones from oewheels also, no problems getting the car to read from these sensors on my 07 tt.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:18 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
bought tires & 4 TPMS sensors last yr from tire rack for wife's '07 987.1- sensors worked fine & were shown as OEM Beru- think i paid about $320 for 4- they worked fine-

Be sure you don't have your old sensors in the car as they may interfere with new ones initializing- mine worked fine after i took old sensors out of trunk

Old 11-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Maybe when purchased from that site that they come programmed already and or I was fed some story. All I know is the ones I initially put in (same brand) , didn't work and the ones I have work now.

That is really good price wise and glad to hear there is another part we can escape the Porsche Tax!!

Old 01-19-2016, 07:50 AM
rj5620 is infamous around these parts
I have the OE Wheels TPMS sensors item 9488652 ($149.00) in my 2011 TTS. I have driven the car over a 100 miles and still get the message: Partial monitoring. Do these sensors need to learn something to work correctly?

Old 01-19-2016, 09:37 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Yes you have to put it in learning mode after you select tires in the instrument cluster.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:50 AM
rj5620 is infamous around these parts
I have done that numerous times, and never get all 4 sensors connected. I have changed back and forth between summer tires and winter tires and the system begins monitoring but never get to the point where all 4 sensors are available to view tires pressures. Perhaps there is a tool that you hold next to the sensor that updates it and allows it to begin functioning. I have seen this requirement by other manufactures sensors, i.e. Schrader.

Update: Just got off the phone with OEWheels and the tech mentioned that the sensors may have gone dormant (tires and wheels with sensors were shipped to me) and that I should deflate the tire to 30% of the normal pressure ~10 lbs and re-inflate, that resets the sensors. He also thinks the summer tires and wheels that they took off may have been too close to the new wheels/sensors and the car is looking for the wrong sensors. Will try this soon.

Last edited by rj5620; 01-19-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:51 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Good to know. I just picked up some new wheels, new TPMS is in my future.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:47 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Guys, the 09 turbos use the same TPMS the 07-08 cars do. The regular 09 cars use the same sensors as the 10-13 997.2 uses. Confusing.

There is no programming, the system either auto learns them or doesn't. I have the OEwheels TPMS from an 08 turbo on my 01/09 build 09 turbo and they work great.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:55 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
I have a set from oe wheels and they keep resetting. Everytime I take the car out they work for a while then go into learn mode. I would just swap them out for other ones but it's also the two hundred bucks to dismount and balance each time. To get the right sensor you need to call the dealer with your vin# and they can tell you what belongs in the car. That's my experience at least.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:17 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
So quick thread resurrection. My TPMS sensors have had the batteries die. The 9488652 part number no longer exists.

Which ones on the OE Wheels page will work for my 2008 997 TT?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:38 PM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
If you go to Suncoast and look at sensors, they ask for your VIN in order to buy the correct sensor.
Try it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Confused Correct TPMS Sensor Numbers