997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Dropped engine, Boost lines Nylon or Silicon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015 | 10:27 PM
|
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
Dropped engine, Boost lines Nylon or Silicon

Hi

Ive dropped the engine from my car to install some 1100cc injectors

Thought i would do some preventative maintenance at the same time and neaten things up.

I already have coolant lines pinned, and I've ordered the Sharkwerks elbows.

Im refreshing most rubber connections and hoses while its out.

Question is, i am going to change all my boost and vacuum lines. What are the best to go with? I have used silicon but the ones i have feel too cheap.

Would hard lines (nylon) be better to go with or any particular brand of silicon?

I was thinking to get the nylon OEM lines from porsche that are used throughout the engine already.

Any idea's appreciated!

Old 11-24-2015 | 10:47 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Not sure on the hose work as I have always used OEM for boost.

Just a few things I would think about,
Not sure on your mileage but, Water pump may not be a bad idea. They are pretty cheap. Ohh and also really strap down / zip tie the FPR hose while the engine is out. Its a pain otherwise if it blows off.

Old 11-25-2015 | 06:06 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Alex,

I would go with some heat resistant silicone made hoses, just make sure its the correct inner diameter ... Hard hoses if you can stand them ( they dont kink very easy), or go super fancy and use braided SS lines ... Make sure you get some proper clamps for the ends and double/triple check for leaks and hot spots ....

Good luck ..

Old 11-25-2015 | 09:45 AM
|
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
I'm looking about, will run 6mm to wastegate actuators and 4mm for boost reference and bov's.

Also swapping the forge bov's out for Tial. Forge were leaky...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo123.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	992.2 KB
ID:	433632