997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

875whp 700wtq - GTX3076 997.1 Turbo - proTUNING Freaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely suggest against using metallic or ceramic compound disks unless you won't be launching the car hard at the drag strip. They will hold torque really well but a multi plate carbon will stand up to slip far better. On the BMWs we have worked closely with SPEC to build a custom version of their super twin and for street/strip duty we have it built with twin carbon plates for capacity of up to about 950ft-lbs.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-11-2016, 09:25 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Definitely suggest against using metallic or ceramic compound disks unless you won't be launching the car hard at the drag strip. They will hold torque really well but a multi plate carbon will stand up to slip far better. On the BMWs we have worked closely with SPEC to build a custom version of their super twin and for street/strip duty we have it built with twin carbon plates for capacity of up to about 950ft-lbs.

Dzenno@PTF
Dzenno,
How did your ERP clutch work out?

Old 01-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Its waiting with the updated hub to go back in after the Sachs 2.5 gives up. Without a clutch stop it was a pain to daily in traffic. With the new updated hub and the RSS clutch stop I believe daily drivability side of it should improve. If it doesn't I'll be reaching out to SPEC to get something custom made like we did for BMWs.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-11-2016, 01:11 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
How does the clutch stop make it easier to drive? You adjust it to keep the pedal from going all the way to the floor, but it's not jumping out at me how that makes it better.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by rix
How does the clutch stop make it easier to drive? You adjust it to keep the pedal from going all the way to the floor, but it's not jumping out at me how that makes it better.
When you adjust the clutch stop to where it engages it just ends up being easier to 'find' that spot where it starts to grab. On the ERP when it was in the car engagement was literally 1/2" and its fully engaged. If you imagine your foot staying just right around that engagement point your leg/foot won't be trying to figure out that engagement point when you have to get moving quick from a full stop at a full stop or going up hill etc. I can see it helping but I'd have to try it...not until the Sachs gives up though

Old 01-11-2016, 01:19 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
When you adjust the clutch stop to where it engages it just ends up being easier to 'find' that spot where it starts to grab. On the ERP when it was in the car engagement was literally 1/2" and its fully engaged. If you imagine your foot staying just right around that engagement point your leg/foot won't be trying to figure out that engagement point when you have to get moving quick from a full stop at a full stop or going up hill etc. I can see it helping but I'd have to try it...not until the Sachs gives up though
I don't understand why this needs to be an issue. Surely there is something that can be done with the hydraulics to widen the engagement window a bit. Half an inch isn't acceptable/desirable for any type of driving/motorsport.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
i used a clutch stop with my sachs 2.5 and with the ERP. it makes finding the engagement point more natural. decreases pedal travel too so you get some fast shifts.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
I've had the RSS clutchstop with the Sachs 2.5 and its a notable improvement over the no-clutchstop as I'd expected. I'm just not a huge fan of how it looks when installed as it installs over the clutch pedal Wish it was a bit more "stealthy".

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-11-2016, 04:48 PM
rix
Yes, when envisioning the part I had expected it to be smaller and install further up the pedal out of site. Not ideal. :P

Old 01-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
Yes, when envisioning the part I had expected it to be smaller and install further up the pedal out of site. Not ideal. :P
yeah but function over form with this one

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by prodigymb
yeah but function over form with this one
Maybe someone could make a custom clutch pedal with a nice built-in adjustable clutch stop. I'd also love to have an alternative clutch switch on the pedal instead of the OEM so it can be properly adjusted for non-OEM clutch setups. We've got custom clutch pedals available for BMWs.

@itguy, new project?

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Maybe someone could make a custom clutch pedal with a nice built-in adjustable clutch stop. I'd also love to have an alternative clutch switch on the pedal instead of the OEM so it can be properly adjusted for non-OEM clutch setups. We've got custom clutch pedals available for BMWs.

@itguy, new project?

Dzenno@PTF

thats a good idea. i love how the clutch stop feels and i have known about it for many years just never got around to it and i really kick myself for not trying it sooner.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:24 PM
rix
Modifying the fulcrum point, or making it adjustable would also allow you to adjust engagement height and window without messing with the hydraulics.

CNC billet clutch pedal assembly? .

Old 01-13-2016, 02:59 PM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Why doesn't ERP fix it's stuff to a level that makes it work? It took way too much time and I don't see any real improvement. I wonder how many center hubs have been designed by now.

Hasn't Tim said that there is a new clutch master cylinder in the works? Did it ever see daylight?

My ERP is still siting in my garage. I kick it from time to time

Old 01-13-2016, 03:10 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT996
Why doesn't ERP fix it's stuff to a level that makes it work? It took way too much time and I don't see any real improvement. I wonder how many center hubs have been designed by now.

Hasn't Tim said that there is a new clutch master cylinder in the works? Did it ever see daylight?

My ERP is still siting in my garage. I kick it from time to time
You got the Jan 1, 2016 update. You need the Jan 12, 2016 update to fix your problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 875whp 700wtq - GTX3076 997.1 Turbo - proTUNING Freaks