997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD Y-Pipe Dyno Results before/After

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 01:44 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by dhahlen
Lol. My friend has a 98 6sp supra with 55k miles. Guess what? 25k of those are road course miles, he's tracked it for years and it does very well. Just because you don't see them often, doesn't mean they don't see road courses. They do quite well, actually.

To the second statement, lol. I've owned several fd's from stock to 850whp. In stock form, the sequential dip from primary to secondary turbo drops 2psi as the gate cuts over. My car was extremely faster 0-60 on a td08 turbo making 500 wheel. I would launch from a light and look bag and most cars would have barely hit the intersection. Note I said intersection, it was on the street.

This thread is full of win.

Also - stock R1 Fd was 0-60 in 5.1, the R2 was 5.2. I can do it in 2.7 with my 920awhp 997 on 280 tread.
I've seen mega build Supras at events flip 6 times head over heals as they are so unstable and I'm still not sure how the occupants are still alive (actually with sincerest respect I do not know if the occupants are still okay as everything was hushed up after the event). It was terrible and around timed a road course certain lesser HP cars would have beat that car for sure IMO.

Useable power/drivability is key on a turbo installation especially at events all rounder events. Take the **** out of the Duck as much as you want but most of you know what he's saying has validity. For balance I do not think Duckstu even with big conventional turbos realises how effective the 996/997 turbo platform is. I suspect some of those high HP 996/997 he's raced against in the past really did not have the power claimed which is par for the course both in Europe and the US for that matter. Just my 2 pennies

Old 12-31-2015, 02:37 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rix
I seem remember you from EVO and/or DSM forums in the past.
That wouldn't have been me. i registered once on an EVO forum,.. but only to buy a pair of seats via PM's. I never posted anything.

Originally Posted by rix
Racing generally implies a competition. If I'm sitting on the freeway and a ricer takes off that's not a race. That's a ricer flyby. A race is when two cars are racing, not just one.
Agreed. I've never done that. Also,. I can't remember ever roll-racing on the freeway. To me,.. racing from a roll is just "driving". It's what people do that can't drive. Here you get laughed at if you're into that.

Originally Posted by rix
You seem to make quite a few questionable assumptions about a lot of things. Buying a Subaru of course, might be one of them. .
Yeah,.. but that was VERY fun AND practical car. I had 4 BMW's before that. A 750il, two 850i's and a 325 that I road-coursed. The STI's have their issues,.. mainly in the block. The main journals stretch,.. causing a loss in oil pressure in the crank,.. and then they'll spit rod bearings. And then there's the oiling. At the track,. in a high-G turn,.. they fill p the rocker-covers with oil. You need to run big A/O seperators,. and even then you have issues with oil starvation. The transmissions are bullet-proof though,.. good stock to well over 700 ft lbs of torque.

Also, interior is essentially the same as the base Imprezza,.. which is an econo-box,.. so you're always driving around in a car that looks like it was $15k new. But,... for a car that stays with the fastest stuff at your average OTD,.. was never beat from a stop-light,.. seats 5 people,. and can haul flatbeds worth of stuff to work from Sam's Club (which I did hundreds of times),.. it was hard to top. It is one of only two Japaneese cars I have ever owned,.. the other being a 1973 Datsun 240. The new owner put it on E85,. and it made 500 wheel after.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:58 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fDqjUcW2EWU

Some big turbo 997s from a roll and dig. Just because

Old 12-31-2015, 03:11 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duckstu

Why on Earth would I want to do that? I'm talking about "Street cars on the street,.. with manual transmissions".

Why do you keep bringing up race cars that get towed to a closed airstrip?

I get it,.. if you don't like to drive and just want to go in a straight line at an air-strip,... put an automatic in it, and the biggest turbos you can fit,.. put it on E85 and go nuts.

But that's not what I'm talking about.
So you have been talking about illegal street racing this whole time? Terrific.

Btw no one that I know except extreme build (i.e 1,500+ hp) cars, or guys coming from very far distances get towed to the airstrip. Otherwise everyone drives up (many with 1,000+ hp) and races all day in a safe legal environment.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:10 PM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
Fast forward to the 1:00 mark.

Im damn sure he hit over 60 before the trans let go. (I was in front passenger seat of camera car)

big turbos - on the street - manual - rwd conversion

Thus rendering your hypothesis invalid

Old 12-31-2015, 05:28 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LostMarine
big turbos - on the street - manual - rwd conversion

Thus rendering your hypothesis invalid
STI VS 1 LITER BIKE
-------------------

So, one day I'm driving my 360 whp STI and I pull up to a red light. I look over and there's a bike sitting beside me. I can tell this guy is serious as he has matching shorts and shirt on. His bike is carbon fibre too! I look in his beverage holder and there's a bottle. At first, I thought it was a 500 ml, but then I noticed it's a 1 liter! This is a 1 liter on a bike. I turn my EDM down from my iPod because things are starting to get serious. I focus in on the bottle and my suspicions are confirmed..... It's a coke zero! This light weight machine is not only a 1 liter, but has zero calories! I roll my passenger window down because the limo tint makes it tough to see through even from the inside and I know it's game on. He just spun his derailer backwards and has the right pedal at the top of the crank cycle..... I see the light turn yellow from the other direction and I rev my engine to 5500. I know I can get a good launch because I have a small turbo and can get my turbo shaft speed where it needs to be. The light turns green and he takes off, he immediately pulls the front tire off the ground and is starting to pull away. I take off and he's a full car length ahead. I keep the pedal down and he grabs a gear (while I'm accelerating). 10 mph, 15 mph, 20 mph, I'm dialing him in!!! He has to grab another gear (while I"m accelerating). We hit 30 mph and I see he's out of gears on his right hand. He now moves to the next ring on the front derailer and his bike bogs down. His crank is too big..... I jump a full car ahead as he looks over realizing he should have put a smaller ring on his bike. I'm up to 70 mph and this kid steps out from the sidewalk at his school and I swerve right around him. He dives back on to the curb (while I'm accelerating) and I keep the pedal down. No way you could have done that in a Supra, those cars can't handle.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:14 PM
oldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to all
LOL nice!

Old 12-31-2015, 07:29 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
A liter bike would have taken my car pretty easy,.. at least after 30 mph or so when it could keep it's front wheel down somewhat.

The only bike I ever raced was a Harley V-Rod. One of the later Night Rod models with the later 125 hp engine. We ran to 80 mph (his choice). I was dead even with him from the launch to 60,.. but by 80 when we stopped he was about 4 - 5 feet ahead of me. (The back of his rear tire at the front of my front door). He ran low 11's with that bike. (probably because Porsche designed the engine LOL)

Old 12-31-2015, 07:55 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vr6tee
STI VS 1 LITER BIKE
-------------------

So, one day I'm driving my 360 whp STI and I pull up to a red light. I look over and there's a bike sitting beside me. I can tell this guy is serious as he has matching shorts and shirt on. His bike is carbon fibre too! I look in his beverage holder and there's a bottle. At first, I thought it was a 500 ml, but then I noticed it's a 1 liter! This is a 1 liter on a bike. I turn my EDM down from my iPod because things are starting to get serious. I focus in on the bottle and my suspicions are confirmed..... It's a coke zero! This light weight machine is not only a 1 liter, but has zero calories! I roll my passenger window down because the limo tint makes it tough to see through even from the inside and I know it's game on. He just spun his derailer backwards and has the right pedal at the top of the crank cycle..... I see the light turn yellow from the other direction and I rev my engine to 5500. I know I can get a good launch because I have a small turbo and can get my turbo shaft speed where it needs to be. The light turns green and he takes off, he immediately pulls the front tire off the ground and is starting to pull away. I take off and he's a full car length ahead. I keep the pedal down and he grabs a gear (while I'm accelerating). 10 mph, 15 mph, 20 mph, I'm dialing him in!!! He has to grab another gear (while I"m accelerating). We hit 30 mph and I see he's out of gears on his right hand. He now moves to the next ring on the front derailer and his bike bogs down. His crank is too big..... I jump a full car ahead as he looks over realizing he should have put a smaller ring on his bike. I'm up to 70 mph and this kid steps out from the sidewalk at his school and I swerve right around him. He dives back on to the curb (while I'm accelerating) and I keep the pedal down. No way you could have done that in a Supra, those cars can't handle.

Here's the T-Shirt
I can provide the link by PM if you'd like to order

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tshirt1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	436149   Click image for larger version

Name:	tshirt2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	436150  
Old 12-31-2015, 07:56 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Duckstu
A liter bike would have taken my car pretty easy,.. at least after 30 mph or so when it could keep it's front wheel down somewhat.

The only bike I ever raced was a Harley V-Rod. One of the later Night Rod models with the later 125 hp engine. We ran to 80 mph (his choice). I was dead even with him from the launch to 60,.. but by 80 when we stopped he was about 4 - 5 feet ahead of me. (The back of his rear tire at the front of my front door). He ran low 11's with that bike. (probably because Porsche designed the engine LOL)
I believe you misread the post - the only horse power on the bike is the dude riding it......

Old 12-31-2015, 09:14 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Some good stuff here. I'm enjoying the trolling.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:20 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Good times! Happy new year all!

Old 01-01-2016, 07:51 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
STI VS 1 LITER BIKE
-------------------

Haha this was awesome. Made me giggle like a little girl

Old 01-01-2016, 09:11 AM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
STI VS 1 LITER BIKE
-------------------

Ha!! This is going down in the little black book of awesome Internet tales

Old 01-01-2016, 02:14 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
This is pretty much the Subaru forums all the time. Well, that and people talking about how dangerous E85 is for piston rings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD Y-Pipe Dyno Results before/After