997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Problem with logging on Cobb AccessPort V3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:01 PM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
Problem with logging on Cobb AccessPort V3

Hi all, I sent a support request to Cobb, but it's taking them a while to respond, so hopefully somebody on this forum will be able to help.

I was playing around with various gauges in AP and selected something like Delta Ignition Angle - not 100% sure. Now, every time I go to gadgets screen the screen flashes rapidly - "Can't communicate with vehicle". For it to stop flashing, I have to disconnect AP.

I tried to reset AP in Setup, but to no avail. Wouldn't be a major issue but I'm tuning my car and without access to Gauges can't do data logging.

Anybody knows how to do a hard reset on Cobb?

Thanks,
Nick

Old 01-12-2016, 08:53 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
There really isn't a hard reset. It boots up from scratch every time you plug it in. It might need to have the firmware reflashed. Are you saying you can no longer log the vehicle?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Nice,
As Greyson mentioned make sure your firmware is up to date. When the software we build maps with is newer than the firmware on the AP it can lead to datalogging issues such as what you're experiencing. You can download the AP Manager software from Cobb Tuning's website, use the USB cable to connect to a PC/Mac and update it to the latest. Let me know if any questions at all.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/accessport-manager

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
All good advice. I know you did the firmware with your new map downloads Nick. I'll have a map for you today and also have been chatting with Cobb. Happens on some cars and I will contact you today to get it sorted.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, everybody. All firmware is completely up to date. Will try to re-flash with the new map from Sam and see if that help. currently no ability to log . Everything works except for the Gadget screen.

Honestly, a bit underwhelmed with Cobb's support, especially since one of the main reasons I went with Cobb was based on the statements of how good they are supporting their product. Sam is great and he is helping a lot, but not a word from Cobb after multiple message. I know that they are busy, but...

Old 01-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thanks Nick. I think it's because I jumped in so they're kind of leaning on me. Lots of busy exciting stuff going on over there for Cobb customers so they are leaning on us dealers more. We will get you sorted!

Old 01-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Hey Nick,

Sorry I responded to it but it must not have gotten to you.

Cna you email and we will work on getting it solved.

mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 01-12-2016, 12:54 PM
OK. Quick update. The problem is solved. Hopefully this info will help anybody experiencing the issue.

1) as described above, I reset the device (in set up) after the errors. but nothing happened.
2) I left it alone for a few days since I couldn't use it
3) today I wanted to check if there any new errors, since the car has a lot of upgrades now.
4) lo and behold - all gadgets have been reset and everything is working

Don't know what happened and why, but it looks like reset is not active immediately. Very strange - I'm a software developer myself and that doesn't make sense, but there we go. all is working again!!!

Old 01-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
Sometimes it's simply pushing the connector in solidly or having the wind blow in the right direction LOL. Really glad to hear it. Will be chatting with you again later

Old 01-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Thanks Sam. I think you are right, root cause analysis showed that my blower was on and directed towards by Cobb set up, fluctuations in wind patterns had adverse effect on the quality of point to point communication.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor
right?!