997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Picked up one of my Unicorn cars - 2006 Ruf RT12S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 12:21 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! Beautiful car!

The RT12 is indeed a unicorn and also on my most wanted list too. I wanted one so bad, I installed the ruf rt12 front bumper on my old car.

Here was a real Rt12 I saw many years ago. You are a very lucky guy to own one! Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo911.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	437266  
Old 01-13-2016, 03:09 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
A few pics of the other cars with the new addition.

More here.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
Work of art! How many were made?

Old 01-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=turbofever;4455557]did they purposely select narrow body cars for a reason?[/QUOTE

Yes. They are faster due to less drag. Higher top speed.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:00 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Code Red
Work of art! How many were made?
I do not. My guess is around 30-40 but I would love to know more.

Originally Posted by turbofever
did they purposely select narrow body cars for a reason?
Gunther is correct. They use the narrow body cars for higher top speed, same logic for intake vent location, narrow mirrors, lower ride height, and underbody aero.

Originally Posted by spyder997s
Congrats! Beautiful car!

The RT12 is indeed a unicorn and also on my most wanted list too. I wanted one so bad, I installed the ruf rt12 front bumper on my old car.

Here was a real Rt12 I saw many years ago. You are a very lucky guy to own one! Cheers!
Do you know where that car resides? Nearly identical car to mine it appears other than the GT3 Elephant Ear seats instead of the Ruf Carbon Sport Seats.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:07 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
This is the one that was at our local C&C last weekend.. I didn't talk to the owner, but it looks like its owned by Dallas Motorsports.. I suppose you could reach out to them if you wanted to know more about it..

Old 01-15-2016, 12:47 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
Do you know where that car resides? Nearly identical car to mine it appears other than the GT3 Elephant Ear seats instead of the Ruf Carbon Sport Seats.
I saw that particular Ruf RT12 at a Northern California Porsche dealership. They mentioned the owner was here visiting from Texas.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:18 AM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
One sweet ride ed! What a find and a great add on to the lp. Congrats and enjoy!!

Old 01-16-2016, 05:24 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
that's just awesome. and a great blog too. love your lime green murci, you have a bad *** collection, enjoy them all in good health.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:29 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
The want is strong. Congrats! The RT12 has always been one of my favorite cars. Rare as hens teeth stateside!

Old 01-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by daedalus
The want is strong. Congrats! The RT12 has always been one of my favorite cars. Rare as hens teeth stateside!
Thank you. It definitely took me a while to track one down. Glad to have it.

Originally Posted by aa909
that's just awesome. and a great blog too. love your lime green murci, you have a bad *** collection, enjoy them all in good health.
Thank you. The 640 is really a blast to drive. The Ruf is a perfect compliment to it. Light and agile with the crazy TT torque.

Originally Posted by socialpro
One sweet ride ed! What a find and a great add on to the lp. Congrats and enjoy!!
Thank you. I have been. 950 miles or so thus far.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Does anyone have experience with these OZ Superleggera 3 piece wheels? At least the front right appears to be leaking. I am occasionally losing pressure in the rear left as well. I am assuming that a go re-seal will be the cure.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:53 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Wow just wow, I wonder if we can convert our front turbo bumper to that Ruf bumper. It look meanie.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by turbofever
Interestingly I thought I had a leaking rim one time

Turned out the bead on the tire was perished

What's the date code on the tires?
Fronts are late 15, rears are great condition from 2012. I think a dismount/remount is a good first step. Good idea. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:37 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Great find, my favorite car.
I believe the rims have a silicone seal inside, I'd just reseal it when thevtirescare off. Be sure you don't have a small nail or something, much more likely.
If you ever want to sell let me know.
C

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up one of my Unicorn cars - 2006 Ruf RT12S