997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Picked up one of my Unicorn cars - 2006 Ruf RT12S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 02:40 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Great find, my favorite car.
I believe the rims have a silicone seal inside, I'd just reseal it when thevtirescare off. Be sure you don't have a small nail or something, much more likely.
If you ever want to sell let me know.
C
I believe you are correct on the sealing method. I got the wheel off today and dunked it in some water. It is leaking rather rapidly around the bolts that are fastening the face to the barrel. Shouldn't be too much trouble but I will probably have all 4 sealed while they are at it.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:28 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
Does anyone have experience with these OZ Superleggera 3 piece wheels? At least the front right appears to be leaking. I am occasionally losing pressure in the rear left as well. I am assuming that a go re-seal will be the cure.

also make sure the air vent are thigh, there is a washer under valve that often leaks.