997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dummy at oil change did not drain oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Slategery997turbo is infamous around these parts
Dummy at oil change did not drain oil

So I went to this shop by my house to have the oil changed because I just got the car from a dealer and didn't think they changed the oil so I pull up tell the guy I need a oil
Change ok I waiting there watching them so he adds oil 8 quarts of oil he tells me to start the car I did right away I felt the car not
Right so I look and see smoke coming from my mufflers I am I like **** wtf I shut her down right away I told the guy did you drain the oil like wtf he's like yeah but not much oil came out so I am like show what you did
So I go down to see the guy only drain the
Crank so now I am like **** I told him what to do we drained it all out cleaned it all up
Refilled up but I was getting smoke like crazy so let her run for a while to see if it
Would clear up so far it's pretty much gone
The only thing do I need to put new plugs now and clean all the intakes and stuff like that car runs fine but still would like to clean
Everything up

Old 07-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Wow that's horrible. I always change oil and filter when taking possession of a new used vehicle. But that's why i always do it myself or only go to a trusted mechanic. Must he a real numb nuts lube tech to drain 1 quart and add 8.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:02 PM
It's running ok just need to make sure it's ok

Old 07-04-2016, 08:31 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Reasons I do all the work myself. In the 80s, When I was 16, I took my car for a timing belt change since my waterpump needed replacement. Three days later , belt broke and bent my valves. Had the car towed back to his shop and the belt I provided was hanging by the bench. Since then, I learned auto mechanics and got better every year.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:46 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
You might want to look to the driver side intercooler and piping, maybe run a can or two of degreaser through them ...

Old 07-04-2016, 02:41 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
You might want to look to the driver side intercooler and piping, maybe run a can or two of degreaser through them ...
Yeah, that oil will be all over the intercooler piping to the throttle body

Old 07-04-2016, 04:55 PM
What can I use to clean intake manfold

Old 07-05-2016, 01:30 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
I removed the (left hand side) pressure hoses, IC and intakes, and then rinsed with AutoGlym engine cleaner. It's water based so rinses off easily.

http://detaildepot.co.nz/product/aut...chine-cleaner/

Old 07-05-2016, 07:22 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Use brake cleaner ... Run atleast one can throu thr intercoolers untill it drains clear from the other end ... Y-pipe and driver side boost hoses all need the teatment ...

Good luck ..

Old 07-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Sell it you, probably have a damaged engine.