997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Modded 997.2 at Shift Sector vs the Competition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 03:19 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Modded 997.2 at Shift Sector vs the Competition

So it looks like it takes 1,000+ wheel HP from an AWD car to surpass the abilities of a bolt-on Turbo S PDK from a dig.

I tried asking all the fastest cars and bikes of the event to race. But not everyone wanted to be on video.

Cheers.

Old 10-31-2016, 04:40 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Very cool. Can't beat Porsche's Launch Control and AWD. Car is a beast!

Old 10-31-2016, 04:47 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Car runs awesome. You look bored lol.

Old 10-31-2016, 04:56 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Great runs! It took built really modded GTRs to even come close and win!

So stock fuel system huh? Not bad trap speeds. What was the DA like and temps?

I wonder how much more power and performance one can get with an upgraded fuel kit.

That built f10 m5 was fast tho.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:32 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Very cool. Can't beat Porsche's Launch Control and AWD. Car is a beast!
Thx bro aloha.

Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Car runs awesome. You look bored lol.
I wanted some close races and some of these people had no idea how to launch their cars I was like wtf. First timers at Shift Sector lol.

Originally Posted by jazzwu
Great runs! It took built really modded GTRs to even come close and win!

So stock fuel system huh? Not bad trap speeds. What was the DA like and temps?

I wonder how much more power and performance one can get with an upgraded fuel kit.

That built f10 m5 was fast tho.
Well the upgraded fuel system was a huge issue for me for about 7 months. Power went up by 50-70 wheel HP but could never get the car to work right. PDK slippage in the higher gears also some driveline error codes. Also the car couldn't launch as well so 0-60's were in the 3 second range which trust me when compared to 2.5 seconds - a half second is the difference in a couple of these races.

This car is very happy at the current power level. It's literally perfect.

The Density Altitude was pretty high with headwinds most of the weekend. Some side-winds at times. Temps were above 90 degrees Saturday and maybe mid-80's on Sunday. But the car didn't care about any of that. In fact my fastest results were posted in the early afternoons. That's what meth and the best intercoolers (Champion) will do for you.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:38 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I'm glad leaving far for your beast Adam! J

Old 10-31-2016, 08:12 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thx bro aloha.

I wanted some close races and some of these people had no idea how to launch their cars I was like wtf. First timers at Shift Sector lol.

Well the upgraded fuel system was a huge issue for me for about 7 months. Power went up by 50-70 wheel HP but could never get the car to work right. PDK slippage in the higher gears also some driveline error codes. Also the car couldn't launch as well so 0-60's were in the 3 second range which trust me when compared to 2.5 seconds - a half second is the difference in a couple of these races.

This car is very happy at the current power level. It's literally perfect.

The Density Altitude was pretty high with headwinds most of the weekend. Some side-winds at times. Temps were above 90 degrees Saturday and maybe mid-80's on Sunday. But the car didn't care about any of that. In fact my fastest results were posted in the early afternoons. That's what meth and the best intercoolers (Champion) will do for you.
Very nice. Just nitpicking but I wonder if you could get better times especially 60 to 130 in cooler temps and overall. More indicative of a highway roll.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:18 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Awesome runs as always. Car is still kickin' some serious @ss! Thanks for posting

DC

Old 11-01-2016, 01:15 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Damn bro that thing launches hard. Nothing could touch you on the launch. Nice job!!!

Old 11-01-2016, 02:06 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Nice Job! That PDK is insane!

Old 11-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Dude that is just brutal...just brutal from a dig!

Old 11-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by K24F
Wow, I'm glad leaving far for your beast Adam! J
Haha Merci!

Originally Posted by jazzwu
Very nice. Just nitpicking but I wonder if you could get better times especially 60 to 130 in cooler temps and overall. More indicative of a highway roll.
For sure with low enough DA, tailwind and -2.9 slope I'm sure it will go into the 5's but I'd rather post times from situations like these where others have the same opportunity to run and share their results. I didn't have the exact DA but it was hot (temps in the 80's and 90's) and from what you could see there was a headwind most of the time.

Originally Posted by therock88
Awesome runs as always. Car is still kickin' some serious @ss! Thanks for posting

DC
No problem brother. Still have a blast doing these. You car would do the same at Rantoul if all the races were from a dig.

Originally Posted by ctony66
Damn bro that thing launches hard. Nothing could touch you on the launch. Nice job!!!
Haha thx the modded (red) 991.2 did great launch as well. Those things are brutal.

Originally Posted by machinegunt
Nice Job! That PDK is insane!
It really is quite something. Still a better integrated gearbox/driveline than anything else out there and it's what...7 years old...lol

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Dude that is just brutal...just brutal from a dig!
It's almost unfair huh

Old 11-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
Adam, in all your YouTube channels, I'm amazed at how much lower your HP is in contrast to the cars you completely waste.

Is this primarily due to launch control? PDK? I also noticed you beating or keeping up with modded turbo 997.1 turbos with much more power. So I'm thinking it's PDK that's the difference maker? It's crazy how fast these .2 turbos are compared to cars with much more power.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by OhSoCal
Adam, in all your YouTube channels, I'm amazed at how much lower your HP is in contrast to the cars you completely waste.

Is this primarily due to launch control? PDK? I also noticed you beating or keeping up with modded turbo 997.1 turbos with much more power. So I'm thinking it's PDK that's the difference maker? It's crazy how fast these .2 turbos are compared to cars with much more power.
Yeah PDK and launch control are one thing, but when I can pull a car with more power and the same aero/weight from a roll - that you can see starts catching up at the end - means the driveline is just so much more efficient (less driveline losses and better gearing from 7 speeds). The 997.1 was trapping on average around 3mph more than me both days.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by longboarder
Yeah PDK and launch control are one thing, but when I can pull a car with more power and the same aero/weight from a roll - that you can see starts catching up at the end - means the driveline is just so much more efficient (less driveline losses and better gearing from 7 speeds). The 997.1 was trapping on average around 3mph more than me both days.
So you're saying the 997.1 has better top end? ...and this is referring to the aftermarket turbo 997.1's?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.