997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 bolt-ons with pump 91+meth 10.20@138.9 (Fontana)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:54 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
Mark, what's up bro. Don't confuse the launch with a full half mile race. I was asked about the launch. And I responded about the launch. On a clean hit on an airstrip surface can any 991 with equivalent tires out launch (0-60, 0-100 whatever) my 997.2? That's what I commented on. Hell a 918 couldn't out launch my car. Or a low 9 second GTR drag prepped with DRs on all 4's. And I have cameras all around on my race with your car. That is, if you want to see that I didn't jump.
Adam my question is why does that 997.2 That you have out launch those other cars you mentioned. In example say a 991.2 TTS Had the same mods as your car. Would it be faster to 100? Seems like you have some sort of factory freak on your hands. I believe someone else mentioned that you are almost 8mph faster than his 997.2 with the same mods. Is it possible your car just simply runs that much stronger?

Old 04-25-2017, 08:56 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
This comment might come across as accusatory, or angry.... it's not meant to be. But, dude! If you truly expect me to believe your car will out launch an equally prepped 991 or a 9 second GTR, or a 918?!?!?! On just a simple tune, CATTED exhaust, tires, and meth on PUMP gas... you're smoking crack. You've gotta have a secret sauce you're failing to mention. You can mock my N2O comment if you want to, but I no way in hell believe you're running that well on the simple parts you're telling everyone you're running on.

I'm strictly basing my opinions on my own 997.2 TTS. I KNOW what's done to that car and it's not even in the same ballpark as your car. Roughly same car too. I sincerely mean no disrespect to you, nor do I intend to highjack your thread.... but out launching an 887HP 918 on pump gas. Come on!

Old 04-25-2017, 09:29 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
This comment might come across as accusatory, or angry.... it's not meant to be. But, dude! If you truly expect me to believe your car will out launch an equally prepped 991 or a 9 second GTR, or a 918?!?!?! On just a simple tune, CATTED exhaust, tires, and meth on PUMP gas... you're smoking crack. You've gotta have a secret sauce you're failing to mention. You can mock my N2O comment if you want to, but I no way in hell believe you're running that well on the simple parts you're telling everyone you're running on.

I'm strictly basing my opinions on my own 997.2 TTS. I KNOW what's done to that car and it's not even in the same ballpark as your car. Roughly same car too. I sincerely mean no disrespect to you, nor do I intend to highjack your thread.... but out launching an 887HP 918 on pump gas. Come on!
I guess you don't watch my vids. No worries see races 10 and 11 (6:30 mark) against a 918 owned by Trevor that ran 9.73 @ 145 at Famoso.

I thought your NO2 comment was a joke so I responded with another joke. Didn't mean to offend.

Anyone is free to inspect my car at any time. Car is at all the airstrip events

I think you should call Tom at Champion. Maybe he can sell you a GIAC tune with a money back guarantee in case your car doesn't go considerably faster. Their 997.2 trapped 135.X like 6 years ago no meth and I'm a couple mph quicker with meth. Not really hard to believe.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:32 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
Adam my question is why does that 997.2 That you have out launch those other cars you mentioned. In example say a 991.2 TTS Had the same mods as your car. Would it be faster to 100? Seems like you have some sort of factory freak on your hands. I believe someone else mentioned that you are almost 8mph faster than his 997.2 with the same mods. Is it possible your car just simply runs that much stronger?
Simple. The 997.2 is lighter and smaller brakes means it's uses 19's not 20's.

From the factory maybe the 991 is quicker but start modding and throw that out the window.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:34 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
I want Adams car lol

Old 04-25-2017, 09:54 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
I guess you don't watch my vids. No worries see races 10 and 11 (6:30 mark) against a 918 owned by Trevor that ran 9.73 @ 145 at Famoso.

https://youtu.be/fvnPFMb0_NM

I thought your NO2 comment was a joke so I responded with another joke. Didn't mean to offend.

Anyone is free to inspect my car at any time. Car is at all the airstrip events

I think you should call Tom at Champion. Maybe he can sell you a GIAC tune with a money back guarantee in case your car doesn't go considerably faster. Their 997.2 trapped 135.X like 6 years ago no meth and I'm a couple mph quicker with meth. Not really hard to believe.
Hey brother, you absolutely didn't offend me.. my "secret sauce" comment or N2O comment was totally a joke! Truth is, I am very very impressed with how well your car runs, I am trying to get mine on par with your car. I did call Tom and had a very lengthy discussion with him, in fact, my local Porsche dealership can flash their tune on my car... but he can't say for sure that'll be the magic potion for MY car.

I'm considering de-cattinng my exhaust and get a race gas tune, then if it's still not there I might consider meth. Anyway, sorry to even question your integrity because I in no way meant to. Just a huuuuuge mystery why your car runs so much better than anyone else's on this forum or even in the wild. Have a good day my friend.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Adam AND his car get out quick. Some weight savings, suspension geometry tweaks and properly set up grippy tires really help. Driver mod...Check. I've been to several events he was at and Adam is consistent. He's been doing it for years and has it down with the car. Even though I knew the 991 was not tip top and it was getting slower every run (got in 3) with the leak growing it was still the fastest Porsche out there. I wanted to run Adam because it was the best yardstick so we lined up friendly. I saw exactly what I wanted which was how the car would accelerate next to his car and it was gaining really well right up to when the pipe just had it.

With respect to Mark and his 991 i'm a road course guy. Did a little dragracing in my 20s but that was a long time ago...Crap haha! I took the car out to shake it down. You can see in the video actually that Adam did not jump but I took off after him. It's sort of a habit every time I race people because throughout my career I've been in the industry and always driven highly modified cars. So I like to see how my car pulls not my reaction. I would always hate winning if I got out first for this exact reason LOL. "Got the jump" We were also on a brand-new Dodson Motorsport clutch without the PDK software but it still hits so well. The v-box data from that day shows the car was almost 1 second faster from 60 to 130. 2/10 of a second faster in the quarter-mile actually hitting a 10.0X at the airstrip and much faster in the 1/2. I can check on the 1/8. It's also a US record 9.7 second car (so far) at several tracks including Fontana. So what that shows is that Adam and his car just have a really awesome race launch down pat.

I think even though not apples for apples with tires and weight in a white knuckle hand drop race it would be pretty damn close for about 100 feet and the 997.2 could edge it out. The shift and launch strategy in the 997.2 PDK software is also different. By the way guys I'm just trying to share as much information as I have so people can understand the differences in all of these cars. A lot of credit has to go to Adam for his personal development in his car and strategy. The Champion power package serves him well and quick! There are fuel and clutch limitations on that car and he does really well taking advantage of the car strong points. A lot of cars catch him by the end or run a higher speed but again when it's white knuckle he knows what he's doing. If you're trap speeds are 10 or more mph slower but you beat the guy to the cones you are hooking up well and taking off even better. Simple

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 04-25-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Adam AND his car get out quick. Some weight savings, suspension geometry tweaks and properly set up grippy tires really help. Driver mod...Check. I've been to several events he was at and Adam is consistent. He's been doing it for years and has it down with the car. Even though I knew the 991 was not tip top and it was getting slower every run (got in 3) with the leak growing it was still the fastest Porsche out there. I wanted to run Adam because it was the best yardstick so we lined up friendly. I saw exactly what I wanted which was how the car would accelerate next to his car and it was gaining really well right up to when the pipe just had it.

With respect to Mark and his 991 i'm a road course guy. Did a little dragracing in my 20s but that was a long time ago...Crap haha! I took the car out to shake it down. You can see in the video actually that Adam did not jump but I took off after him. It's sort of a habit every time I race people because throughout my career I've been in the industry and always driven highly modified cars. So I like to see how my car pulls not my reaction. I would always hate winning if I got out first for this exact reason LOL. "Got the jump" We were also on a brand-new Dodson Motorsport clutch without the PDK software but it still hits so well. The v-box data from that day shows the car was almost 1 second faster from 60 to 130. 2/10 of a second faster in the quarter-mile actually hitting a 10.0X at the airstrip and much faster in the 1/2. I can check on the 1/8. It's also a US record 9.7 second car (so far) at several tracks including Fontana. So what that shows is that Adam and his car just have a really awesome race launch down pat.

I think even though not apples for apples with tires and weight in a white knuckle hand drop race it would be pretty damn close for about 100 feet and the 997.2 could edge it out. The shift and launch strategy in the 997.2 PDK software is also different. By the way guys I'm just trying to share as much information as I have so people can understand the differences in all of these cars. A lot of credit has to go to Adam for his personal development in his car and strategy. The Champion power package serves him well and quick! There are fuel and clutch limitations on that car and he does really well taking advantage of the car strong points. A lot of cars catch him by the end or run a higher speed but again when it's white knuckle he knows what he's doing. If you're trap speeds are 10 or more mph slower but you beat the guy to the cones you are hooking up well and taking off even better. Simple

Hi Sam,

I do think my experience and set up has something to do with the launch but I also have a 991 with 50+ HP on my 997.2 and so I have experience with both cars. My opinion is that the extra mass of the 991 and larger wheels/tires hurts its chances for launching on a non-prepped surface. Yes the 991's with larger fuel system and more power would come around eventually.

Putting reaction time aside, your vbox results had your half mile at 16.01 seconds and I was 16.02 second despite down 10mph on the top end and my 60-130's were 6.0-6.5 vs your low 5's so the launch is really important on a short half mile race.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Agreed and we will see them get quicker watch. It has not been the focus. The car stopped pulling after the 1/4 and you can see the front just drop in the video when it popped so who knows. But Mark will be taking it out soon and we can see.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Agreed and we will see them get quicker watch. It has not been the focus. The car stopped pulling after the 1/4 and you can see the front just drop in the video when it popped so who knows. But Mark will be taking it out soon and we can see.

Hi Sam, I was referring to your best run of the day. The 1/2 mile vBox you posted here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-journey.html

The accel graph is not indicative of a nose dive or anything. Just a solid 170+mph run.

compare it to my 1/2 mile vbox posted here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ile-event.html

165 mph trap. Our ETs are almost identical. Just showing how much a good launch is worth that's all.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor
I totally get it. When Mark's car was loaded up in higher gears the acceleration tapered and it was leaking. Also you can see I did not launch control at all yet. Only on the run before with you and with you. That run with you was when the fitting finally let go.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:05 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
I don't know anything about what Adam is talking about!! =)

I have Adam's East Coast clone (9 second Champion car). I'm sure one day I'll get walked by a 991TTS at one point or another...but I've gone up against dozens of them from lightly mod'd all the way to stage 4 big turbo cars and have yet to be beaten. Wet track...no prep:

Last edited by TighTT; 04-25-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:23 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TighTT
I don't know anything about what Adam is talking about!! =)

I have Adam's East Coast clone (9 second Champion car). I'm sure one day I'll get walked by a 991TTS at one point or another...but I've gone up against dozens of them from lightly mod'd all the way to stage 4 big turbo cars and have yet to be beaten. Wet track...no prep:

Slipstream 3 25 16 - YouTube
sweet East Coast represent!

glad to see some domination from a 911 turbo s pdk that isn't a built gtr or f10 m5 or corvette.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:07 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Many people underestimate a 997. 2turbo PDK with simple add ons!!

Refer to my build thread. Home project that tuned right... tuned by Emre at ESmotor

I'm clocking 4.6s 100 to 200 kph
And my 60 to 130mph was 5.3

On a very hot day my car is 0.3s slowe only!

My best quarter mile with all stock suspension and half life Cup2 tire was 10.230s @ 220kph (137.5mph)

So yes, Adam's car is real! Plus he mastered launching it!!

Go Go Go Adam! I wana see that race with camera pointed backwards lool

Old 04-25-2017, 07:23 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
congrats adam ! doing exactly what the vbox says !

and yes fontana does suck. i have always been a 10th slower there in the 1/8th vs irwindale.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.