997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

My First P-Car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2017 | 11:26 PM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
Looks great as you did well on the price so now enjoy it!

Old 07-01-2017 | 04:10 AM
|
Irishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Skwerl
I didn't understand the incredulity about the price till I did the USD conversion - wow! Something like $60k USD for that is certainly a bargain. Love the color combo.
The price is unreal. Typically we would see them at 85k in that KM range for a 997.1 MT. There is a 6-8k discount for Tip cars. I certainly lucked out.

Old 07-01-2017 | 04:13 AM
|
Irishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DOOBEE
Nice buy! I did not see that one for sale and I watch regularly, particularly at Midnight Blue ones. Looks like it has some great interior options too.

I found my MB on sea blue sitting on the Pfaff lot about 6 years ago when I was on my way to the BMW dealer. I took a test drive and went home to think about it even though I had wanted a 911 since I was 5. I bought it the next morning and every drive has been an event ever since.
it was literally on AT for about 9 hours. I found it just after they put it on and as soon as my deal was done it was down. Serendipititius for me because I had been travelling for work and had not been regular on AT for that week.

Are you in Oakville? I am.

Old 07-01-2017 | 04:13 AM
|
Originally Posted by DoDaLeCa
Looks great as you did well on the price so now enjoy it!
Originally Posted by Turbo Ron
Beautiful. Congratulations.
Thanks guys!

Old 07-01-2017 | 06:11 AM
Steinb2 is infamous around these parts
i just got my first P-car too

I have my 2014 (40k miles, CPO'd to Nov 2019) Cayenne. Stoked, and looking forward to advice, and helping others here. I thought about what I wanted and looked for a while, but found it. I have a WONDERFUL Audi Q7 TDI that is being bought back next month (still pissed about that), but the CTT will make me feel a little better . It WILL be used (towing boat, northern MN forest roads to cabin, fishing, hunting, dogs, etc). Not many Cayenne's this nice will get this type of use. so, we will let this story unfold here... Here she is in "virgin" form (options list provided, including clear bra on entire front/hood/quarters and clear markers):

BASE Cayenne Turbo 110,400.00
CZ4
WHEELS: 10J X 21" ET 50 911 TURBO II
-inc: wheel arch extensions
Tires: P295/35R21
$3,965.00

PU4
COMFORT PLUS PACKAGE (PU4)
-inc: Porsche Entry & Drive
Front Seat Ventilation
4-Zone Climate Control
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Adaptive Cruise Control
Comfort Lighting Package
Rearview Camera Including Front & Rear Park Assist
Electric Roll-Up Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
$5,460.00

PU5
SPORT PACKAGE $3,500.00
-inc: Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
3-Spoke SportDesign Steering Wheel w/Shift Paddles
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)

0P3 Sport Tailpipes 1,150.00
0Q White 0.00
1D6 Trailer hitch without tow ball 650.00
1G6 20-inch collapsible spare wheel 240.00
3FU Panorama Roof System 660.00
3GN Cargo Management System 590.00
4GH Heated Windshield 490.00
5J2 Roof Spoiler Separation Edge Painted in Exterior Color 560.00
5ZF Porsche Crest embossed on front and rear headrests 570.00
6A7 Fire Extinguisher 140.00
6GH Wheel Arch Extensions in Exterior Color 1,150.00
7M8 Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber (Front and Rear), Illuminated 1,850.00
8BT Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), Black 575.00
8SI LED rear taillights tinted black 620.00
9VJ Burmester High-End Surround Sound System 3,990.00
9W1 Telephone Module 265.00
9WM Preparation for Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment 0.00
AAY Side Rear-View Mirrors Painted 775.00
AEH Extended LED comfort lighting package 845.00
AEU Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment 2,990.00
CZ4 21" 911 Turbo II Wheel with Wheel Arch Extension 3,965.00
N1B Prep for two-tone leather interior i. c. with seat ventilation 0.00
PB3 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) 8,840.00
PH7 Carbon Fiber Interior Package Including Selector Lever 1,340.00
PU4 Premium Package Plus 5,460.00
PU5 Sport Package 3,500.00
Q2J 14-way Power Seats with Memory Package 0.00
QH1 Voice Control 595.00
QJ4 Exterior Package in high-gloss Black 150.00
QR5 Sport Chrono Package 270.00 and e
TB Leather Interior in Black/Luxor Beige 430.00
UN1 Online Services 210.00
Total Options 42,870.00
Total Charges 995.00

Total MSRP $154,265

look out, here I come!

cargo management system

tow package and pano sunroof

tinted windows, full clear bra on front/quarters/hood and clear marker lights

of course, had to have the ceramic brakes

heated and cooled seats!

love the sport wheel, but damn, why not heated

entertainment system to keep kids busy

Last edited by Steinb2; 07-01-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2017 | 07:49 AM
DOOBEE is infamous around these partsDOOBEE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Irishace
it was literally on AT for about 9 hours. I found it just after they put it on and as soon as my deal was done it was down. Serendipititius for me because I had been travelling for work and had not been regular on AT for that week.

Are you in Oakville? I am.
I'm in Newmarket. Hope to see you at a local C&C event this summer.

Old 07-01-2017 | 09:13 AM
|
I'm in Newmarket. Hope to see you at a local C&C event this summer.
Look forward to it. Is there a P-Car GTA forum or group chat?

Old 07-01-2017 | 01:45 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Congrats my friend!

Old 07-01-2017 | 02:47 PM
cstyles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Irishace
Look forward to it. Is there a P-Car GTA forum or group chat?
Every saturday, there is a Porsche GTG in the GTA - it alternates between Chapters/Starbucks @ 403/Dundas, and the wild goose restaurant in Mississauga. Even numbered saturdays are at wild goose, odd numbered saturdays (ie today, june 1st) are at 403/dundas. There is a dedicated thread to the GTG in Rennlist's Canada section.

Congrats, from a fellow 997.1TT GTA owner. A bunch of us saw that car come up on AT and it doesn't surprise me how quickly it was sold. Good work.

Old 07-02-2017 | 06:24 AM
997TT1911 is infamous around these parts
Congratulations!

I also acquired my first Porsche last year and just like you, I needed a Turbo.

I grew up street racing so the Porsche Turbo always had a certain sure around it.

I had a v10 M5, an e85 modded turbo GTR, a nitrous c6 z06....

all I can say is that I am very happy with the overall quality performance and prestige of my 997 turbo with the most basic of mods (europipe exhaust and Cobb OTS tune). I've always admired the Porsche Turbo and am very proud to own it. Plus it's one of the rare "sports cars" that I can drive year round, go out to dinner with my wife and toddler while getting a front valet spot, and chase down Ferraris on the parkway. Only true downside to the car for me is it's a bit small but that probably adds to the sporty character so not sure if I'd change that and...the exhaust note sucks...you need an exhaust asap. Otherwise it's pretty close to perfect!

I truly hope you enjoy your amazing example of a 997TT. Welcome to the club!

Old 07-02-2017 | 09:10 AM
|
Originally Posted by 997TT1911
Congratulations!

I also acquired my first Porsche last year and just like you, I needed a Turbo.

I grew up street racing so the Porsche Turbo always had a certain sure around it.

I had a v10 M5, an e85 modded turbo GTR, a nitrous c6 z06....

all I can say is that I am very happy with the overall quality performance and prestige of my 997 turbo with the most basic of mods (europipe exhaust and Cobb OTS tune). I've always admired the Porsche Turbo and am very proud to own it. Plus it's one of the rare "sports cars" that I can drive year round, go out to dinner with my wife and toddler while getting a front valet spot, and chase down Ferraris on the parkway. Only true downside to the car for me is it's a bit small but that probably adds to the sporty character so not sure if I'd change that and...the exhaust note sucks...you need an exhaust asap. Otherwise it's pretty close to perfect!

I truly hope you enjoy your amazing example of a 997TT. Welcome to the club!
Awesome, congrats on your 997. Kline exhaust will be going on with Cobb PTF tune, ICs and meth. I did feel the exhaust note is muffled and subdued but that is likely a function of the twin snails.

Old 07-02-2017 | 09:22 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Congrats on your Turbo. Looks like are you beginning down the mod path as well. Have fun, the cars respond extremely well to basic modifications.

Old 07-02-2017 | 09:57 AM
|
Nice buy! I did not see that one for sale and I watch regularly, particularly at Midnight Blue ones. Looks like it has some great interior options too.

I found my MB on sea blue sitting on the Pfaff lot about 6 years ago when I was on my way to the BMW dealer. I took a test drive and went home to think about it even though I had wanted a 911 since I was 5. I bought it the next morning and every drive has been an event ever since.
Your car looks incredible, I love what you have done to it. Pretty stoked about MB, so lucky to have found one.

Old 07-02-2017 | 09:59 AM
|
Originally Posted by A418t81
Congrats on your Turbo. Looks like are you beginning down the mod path as well. Have fun, the cars respond extremely well to basic modifications.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Looks like your car is an absolute rocket with what you have done.

Old 07-02-2017 | 10:01 AM
|
Originally Posted by longboarder
Congrats my friend!
Thanks man, I must admit I have probably watched your videos 100 times. Love your 997.2.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.