997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo With speedtech exhaust and Softronic Tune.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 12:28 AM
Tubbehh is infamous around these parts
997 Turbo With speedtech exhaust and Softronic Tune.

Thought I would post the almost finished product of my dads car here. I made some posts about exhaust and a tune before, but in the end my dad went with a Softronic Tune and Speedtech 3.0 inch exhaust with 200 cell cats. The remaining mods on the car are replacing the wheels with HREs and adding some carbon fiber stuff.

I have never experienced any other porsche tunes before, but I must say the car is really night and day after the tune. The Turbo lag or spool up time is considerably less and the pull and sheer acceleration when the Turbos kick in is absolutely crazy and scary.

As for the exhaust, well it sounds amazing. At idle the car has a nice sound to it, and when accelerating to/at low speeds around 20-40 mph is sounds simply amazing. It sounds very exoticy, if that is a word, kinda like a porsche GT3. It is very loud also. You dont even have to accelerate fast or be at high speeds to enjoy it. The sound its produces when accelerating and traveling below 40 mph is amazing and very very good sounding. We drove it on my college campus and people everywhere we went where turning to look at the car, but not because its obnoxious, but because it really sounds like a race car or something exotic like a ferrari or lambo. (not that porsche isnt exotic )

When you are foot to the floor it is a whole different story. My dad used to have a granturismo S a couple years back, which is generally a loud car. But this porsche just blows it out of the water. When your accelerating foot to the floor the car is LOUD. Like really really ****ing loud. You can probably here the noise from well over 300-500 feet away. It sounds like a full blown race car.

I have some videos recorded from today when we drove it. My phone really doesnt do it justice of how freaking loud and good sounding it is, but it gives you an idea.

(I posted this identical post on rennlist also, incase anyone sees this post again)
Here are some videos I took.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	997 turbo dad.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	512430   Click image for larger version

Name:	526601985.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	512431   Click image for larger version

Name:	526601978.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	512432  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.