997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

New 997.1 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2019 | 02:03 PM
|
KT1988 is infamous around these parts
New 997.1 owner

Hello!

New to 911 turbo ownership so thought I’d pop a post up and say hello!

I’ve recently picked up an 08 turbo which I’m in love with, the deal with the wife was that if she was to get a new house I got the car, seems fair to me.

The car will mostly be used as a toy, I’m a member at a private race track so it’ll get to stretch it’s legs on a regular basis. The car has had roughly $15k of preventative maintenance done it on the previous owner with receipts to back that up.

Im fortune enough that I have a race shop at my disposal, so next are a few performance mods. I have an existing relationship with AMS, so have been considering their Alpha 9 package. However, I don’t want to a) compromise on drivability, this isn’t going to be a 1/4 mile car, and b) I don’t want the car just to live in the workshop or be continually worried about it throwing a rod!

Are these things really okay with that big of a hp number? I’m thinking 650 at the wheels with around 600 ftlbs of torque would be plenty of the odd evening backroad blast or a few laps at the race track.

I’d welcome any opinions!

Pics attached. She goes in for a full paint correction, ceramic coating and clear bra on Tuesday.

Old 08-31-2019 | 03:59 PM
Skwerl is infamous around these partsSkwerl is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the Turbo! There was some discussion about that car on Rennlist and everybody agreed that it looked like a really nice example. Glad to see it went to an enthusiast.

Old 08-31-2019 | 04:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by Skwerl
Congrats on the Turbo! There was some discussion about that car on Rennlist and everybody agreed that it looked like a really nice example. Glad to see it went to an enthusiast.
Thank you! I’m happy with it, can’t speak highly enough of the dealership. The preventative maintenance and cpo were really what sold it to me over another I was looking at.

Do you have a link to the thread?

Old 08-31-2019 | 04:31 PM
Sure, right here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...-ppi-help.html

I don't think it was listed for very long so I think you did well to scoop it up quickly.

Old 08-31-2019 | 05:41 PM
|
Thank you.

Ive been trying to figure out what exhaust has been put on the car, definitely doesn’t sound stock....

Looks like headers with an OE muffler. Any thoughts?

Old 08-31-2019 | 05:52 PM
sfbanchs is infamous around these parts
could be a europipe

Old 08-31-2019 | 07:16 PM
|
Originally Posted by sfbanchs
could be a europipe
Mystery solved I think! Had a quick google of the europipe followed by sticking my head under the car and it matches exactly. Dilemma over, thanks!

Old 08-31-2019 | 07:44 PM
Europipes are expensive and very highly regarded, so congrats on that part, too.

Old 08-31-2019 | 07:54 PM
|
Originally Posted by Skwerl
Europipes are expensive and very highly regarded, so congrats on that part, too.
Thanks! That part was pure luck!! Ha

I’m not overly well versed on the aftermarket world of street cars. I run a business specializing in historic Motorsport, (www.eramotorsport.com) and I myself currently race in historic championships, so this is a little outside of my norm!

Heres a couple of pics from recent races

Old 08-31-2019 | 08:20 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Free Europipe!!! SCORE!!!!

I bought my TTS with a Europipe already installed. Best Exhaust there is for these things!!

Congrats!

Old 08-31-2019 | 08:38 PM
monsoonhell is infamous around these parts
Wink

Originally Posted by KT1988
Hello!

New to 911 turbo ownership so thought I’d pop a post up and say hello!

I’ve recently picked up an 08 turbo which I’m in love with, the deal with the wife was that if she was to get a new house I got the car, seems fair to me.

The car will mostly be used as a toy, I’m a member at a private race track so it’ll get to stretch it’s legs on a regular basis. The car has had roughly $15k of preventative maintenance done it on the previous owner with receipts to back that up.

Im fortune enough that I have a race shop at my disposal, so next are a few performance mods. I have an existing relationship with AMS, so have been considering their Alpha 9 package. However, I don’t want to a) compromise on drivability, this isn’t going to be a 1/4 mile car, and b) I don’t want the car just to live in the workshop or be continually worried about it throwing a rod!

Are these things really okay with that big of a hp number? I’m thinking 650 at the wheels with around 600 ftlbs of torque would be plenty of the odd evening backroad blast or a few laps at the race track.

I’d welcome any opinions!
Welcome and congratulations. I also have connections with AMS and a Performance Shop for my 2007 TT, named BloodyHell. I have the AMS 9 kit minus the turbos..now I know that doesn't make the kit, but with their intercoolers and other goodies, I am right around 640whp.

Here is the link to my thread to see what I have installed..may help you for modding your 997TT. Hopefully the link works. Again, welcome and Congrats..

Click here

Old 08-31-2019 | 09:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by monsoonhell
Welcome and congratulations. I also have connections with AMS and a Performance Shop for my 2007 TT, named BloodyHell. I have the AMS 9 kit minus the turbos..now I know that doesn't make the kit, but with their intercoolers and other goodies, I am right around 640whp.

Here is the link to my thread to see what I have installed..may help you for modding your 997TT. Hopefully the link works. Again, welcome and Congrats..

Click here
Love the red! Are you on stock turbos still?

Old 09-01-2019 | 12:11 AM
monsoonhell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KT1988
Love the red! Are you on stock turbos still?
Yes. I will complete the kit and eventually get the turbos...but having my current set up is satisfying enough. Plus I just purchased new wheels/tires, new suspension, new clutch and new rotors/pads. Should be installed in the next two weeks. Of course I will update my thread with pics of everything mentioned. Stay Tuned. Perhaps we can make our purchases from AMS at the same time and receive a sale price..LOL..

Old 09-01-2019 | 04:58 PM
|
She had her maiden voyage on track today. Pleasantly surprised how much slip angle the car will let you get away with!

Attached Files
Old 09-01-2019 | 06:36 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Welcome to the board and a big congratulations on your gorgeous purchase!

Tuned right these things can handle 700+awhp all day long, as mine has for over 6yrs and I drive it "full" all of the time.(aka no low setting garbage).

If I had to get one package for this platform it would be the AMS Alpha 9 package period! It looks like it was designed from the factory like that and it makes great overall power. It is truly a work of art!

Love your profession BTW, must be nice!

Hope you enjoy our 997.1 T for many years as mine had treated me great for over 6...just rock solid.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 997.1 owner