997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

MT tests 997tt: 0-60 @ 3.2 & 1/4 @ 11.4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 08:40 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Wait til some of you guys start the modding!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:14 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
wheels and suspension is a must ASAP!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:36 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Very true as well. I think that the 997TT will be able to pull very hard from a roll. One thing is, is that of my knowledge of 996TTs, they pull hard from almost anywhere. I think that the 997TT will be able to do the same but more for a few reasons. New advances in technology, VGT, virtually no turbo lag, and a new all wheel drive system. In addition, if you look at the hp and tq charts, full 457 lb/ft of torque is available from 1950 rpm through the whole rev range not to mention overboost (505 lb/ft) and the whole 477 hp is available throughout the whole rev range as well from 2200 (i think). This is going to be extemely advantageous to the 997tt from a roll because we all know Porsches put hp to the ground better than anyone. I mean look at this. F430's run about an 11.7 in the quarter mile, stock. This car is about 3200 lbs (i found a weight of 3197 online) and has 490 hp and 343 lb/ft of tq. The 997TT weighs 3500+ and has 477 hp and 457 lb/ft and is fast than the F430 by .3 sec. Again I say, simply f'ing amazing.
Very true your right, but not all cars will be tip with sport chrono package, we're talking about cream of the crop turbo right there. I have to say it is impressive for its weight to be doing this, i would also love for the overboost to kick in, in higher gear pulls, where you would need that boost or edge in that long hard pulling gear. Oh well, we sha'll see. I still cant get over its looks though

Old 04-27-2006, 09:47 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Very true your right, but not all cars will be tip with sport chrono package, we're talking about cream of the crop turbo right there. I have to say it is impressive for its weight to be doing this, i would also love for the overboost to kick in, in higher gear pulls, where you would need that boost or edge in that long hard pulling gear. Oh well, we sha'll see. I still cant get over its looks though
You dont like the styling of it?

Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 PM
crosvs is infamous around these parts
Wow. That is a tremendously overweight car. Whatever happened to Porsches being light, nimble little sports cars?!

Not knocking it, obviously it performs fantastic in a straight line -- just wondering whether its weight will hinder it on a circuit track against lighter, less powerful/torquey cars?

ALSO: how is it possible that the tip can be faster than the manual? The slushbox alone should cause HP loss from crank to wheels to be at least aroudn 20% compared to the manual of aroudn 15% no? I don't get it...

Old 04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Probably tip though. I'd be more interested in the manual times.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:55 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ruiner
120.5mph is not that impressive of a trap speed when the C6 Z06 is in the 125-127mph area...
yeah but the porsche's roof did not fly off

Old 04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
You dont like the styling of it?
Nope not a big fan, for me 997GT3 is it!

I agree with cros, they seem to be getting heavier, not as nimble or light and lots of power to cmpensate, sort of like an AMG car despite that it could handle its a$$ off. I guess different cars for certain types of people, i guess GT3 will be more suited for me, but im loving my turbo now.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
The Turbo wasn't meant to be a lightweight sports car in my opinion. At least history shows that the Turbo was meant to be a fast luxury Porsche with all the amenities. The lightweights are the GT models and the RS models.

Very impressive if its all true. Stop comparing Corvettes to Porsches, they aren't even in the same league.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:18 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by evsmotors
The Turbo wasn't meant to be a lightweight sports car in my opinion. At least history shows that the Turbo was meant to be a fast luxury Porsche with all the amenities. The lightweights are the GT models and the RS models.

Very impressive if its all true. Stop comparing Corvettes to Porsches, they aren't even in the same league.
I agree completely, Turbos are in a compeltely different league. They are meant to be super luxurious and have all the amenities one could want. And at the same time handle amazingly, and are blisteringly fast. I mean the 996tt ran a 12.4 and the new one runs an 11.4. Nice 1 second difference between generations, thats a nice improvement. I also cannot wait to see how fast the 997GT3 is. I bet that car will run mid to high 11's. Still want to see the 997TT manual test as well.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:21 PM
crosvs is infamous around these parts
About not comparing vettes to porsches, i think that's a bit of an oversimplification, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge, the Z06 is faster round the Nurburgring than ANY other car CURRENTLY in production, EXCEPT for the Porsche CGT.

Granted, they are not comparable insofar that they're at totally diffferet price points; different luxury levels; different "status" and "image" levels. But from a driving standpoint, it cannot be disputed that they are very much in the "same league" indeed.

Indeed, I think the Z06 commands a tremendous amount of respect for what it accomplishes.

That said, I would never buy a corvette and I'm quite confident my next car will be a Porsche of some kind.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by crosvs
About not comparing vettes to porsches, i think that's a bit of an oversimplification, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge, the Z06 is faster round the Nurburgring than ANY other car CURRENTLY in production, EXCEPT for the Porsche CGT.

Granted, they are not comparable insofar that they're at totally diffferet price points; different luxury levels; different "status" and "image" levels. But from a driving standpoint, it cannot be disputed that they are very much in the "same league" indeed.

Indeed, I think the Z06 commands a tremendous amount of respect for what it accomplishes.

That said, I would never buy a corvette and I'm quite confident my next car will be a Porsche of some kind.
The 997TT has already run a 7:42 which also makes it the fastest on the 'ring' other than the CGT.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
In comparison to the z06, the 997TT runs these great times in the face of a lower power output. Doesn't the z06 put out 520 BHP? The 997TT does very well with its sub-500 BHP.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BD 997
wheels and suspension is a must ASAP!!!
The Indy's in your avatar look to be a great call for the turbo.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:34 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by crosvs

I will say this once more...The 911's roof did not fly off at 60mph!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MT tests 997tt: 0-60 @ 3.2 & 1/4 @ 11.4