997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RT12 - ready for pick-up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
hey man get over here and pick up ur car, im tired of staring at it everyday

Old 07-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
I can pick it up, drive a couple of laps around the Ring and you can come for a free beer to Sweden...

Old 07-04-2006, 03:43 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Schuepbach
hey man get over here and pick up ur car, im tired of staring at it everyday
hahaha!

oh man trust me, if i could get away from work i would! but now its looking like September before i make it over there

erik,

Old 07-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
For all of you who asked, "How much?", you need to get more car mag subscriptions or pay closer attention to the ones you have. Didn't mom teach you that's not polite. If he didn't answer the first time it is probably for a reason other than he missed reading it. Let's just say ballpark you could have a new 997 TT and 997 GT3 for about the same $. I love the white interior accents and the fact you went with cloth seats. It's a shame everyone puts leather and you can't factory order cloth b/c it's often the better choice. You must be one busy guy that you can just let that thing sit there for month after month. I see you aren't lacking anyway so best of luck and give us the full report when you do finally get it.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:41 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Red Devil
For all of you who asked, "How much?", you need to get more car mag subscriptions or pay closer attention to the ones you have. Didn't mom teach you that's not polite. If he didn't answer the first time it is probably for a reason other than he missed reading it. Let's just say ballpark you could have a new 997 TT and 997 GT3 for about the same $. I love the white interior accents and the fact you went with cloth seats. It's a shame everyone puts leather and you can't factory order cloth b/c it's often the better choice. You must be one busy guy that you can just let that thing sit there for month after month. I see you aren't lacking anyway so best of luck and give us the full report when you do finally get it.
Thanks for the kind words.

Actually I haven't answered the questions mainly because it has been asked by a few in the past, usually by PM, and i've always answered directly. The second reason is that I live in a country where even a basic Carrera is considered quite extravagant, and if most people knew how much this car costs, it would attract the sort of attention nobody wants to have. I realize of course that a LOT of 6speeders are very well heeled, and we all love sharing our "babies" with each other, so for quite a number here, a Ruf is not that big a deal. I suppose my excitement at sharing this car with people here is tempered at the same time by my instinct to be discreet, given where I live.

Its also why we decided to get the Ruf, instead of say, a new 599 Fiorano. As much as the Ferrari is a gorgeous car, it is simply far too flashy. Beside it the Ruf will still manage to look plainer, even if it is in reality more expensive.

And as I have promised before, I will post a full, detailed report, and as many pictures and videos as people care to see, once I finally get my mitts on the car!

Cheers!

Old 07-04-2006, 11:40 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
This may be a stupid question, but why dont you just have it shipped to you or wherever you live?

Old 07-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Hespereus,

Me and my pals will be at Nürburgring the third week of August.
You're in for a good time if you like to join us.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Erik
Hespereus,

I might be there that weekend as well! I'm moving down to Baden-Baden hopefully in the middle of August so maybe I'll pop by the Ring then to say hi!

Old 07-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
This may be a stupid question, but why dont you just have it shipped to you or wherever you live?
absolutely valid question! simple answer is that there are no decent tracks where i live. i mean, nothing that would do justice to the car's power.

so i want to take the car for a couple days on the 'Ring, followed by a day or two at Spa. that way, the car would have earned its "stripes"

only THEN will I have the car shipped home

Old 07-05-2006, 05:36 AM
Hespereus,

Aargh! its now looking like early August for me (possibly), and/or late September for sure, for Euro delivery of the GT3!

Old 07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
If you need somebody to help you pick up both cars, let me be the first to volunteer!

Old 07-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Hespereus,

Erik,

When exactly in August where you planning to go to the Nordschleife? I was planning to be at Ruf 2nd week August to check out my car.

But if you'll be at the 'Ring, that sounds like quite a bit of fun. The RT12 will most likely have to stay at Pfaffenhausen until I'm back in September to finally ship her home though. Erm... know of any good funcar rentals in the area?

I'm thinking of trying a NON P-car for a change?

Old 07-16-2006, 12:29 AM
motorsportnick is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hesperus
Erm... know of any good funcar rentals in the area?

I'm thinking of trying a NON P-car for a change?
You should rent a Bingo!

On another note your rt12 is really pretty!

Old 07-16-2006, 01:53 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
congrats it should be a lot of fun

Old 07-16-2006, 04:38 AM
richboy is infamous around these parts
Baden-Baden

Originally Posted by Zlaatan
I might be there that weekend as well! I'm moving down to Baden-Baden hopefully in the middle of August so maybe I'll pop by the Ring then to say hi!
What a wonderful place, what is the name of that hotel way up on the hill. Hotel Bulerhule? I stayed there for a couple nights a few years ago, one of the nicest places I have stayed throughout the world.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RT12 - ready for pick-up!