997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RT12 - ready for pick-up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:50 AM
andrewket is infamous around these parts
Amazing car

I don't have the words to describe your car. It is a shame Porsche didn't go more that direction with the standard 997TT, but I imagine for some it is too aggressive of a look. Porsche has to market the TT to a few different segments whereas RUF has just one market

Enjoy her.

-Andrew

Old 07-16-2006, 01:32 PM
drbf is infamous around these parts
Congrats on a beautiful car...........enjoy

Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
We're now locking at going to the ring in September, so if you're delayed it's ok

Old 07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
alrova is infamous around these parts
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
what an amazing car! where do i sign up?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:17 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Erik
We're now locking at going to the ring in September, so if you're delayed it's ok
oh ok!

well, am now looking at mid-August just to check the car out and make sure everything is exactly as how we want it.

but will be back again in late (like 3rd week) September to visit the 'Ring. can you PM me your anticipated dates you'll be there? would be nice to finally meet some 6speeders in the flesh (and metal).

Paging Adam... will you be around Pfaffenhausen and the Nordschleife anytime round then?

Old 07-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Now thats a car! Good Luck and enjoy!

Old 07-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, That has got to be the sickest car on 6speed. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
ok, after all the delays, i've finally got my schedule sorted out.

i should be in Pfaffenhausen to collect the car finally. Will drive it for a few days before she goes back into storage for a month til I'm back in September to pick up the GT3 at Porsche.

Then both cars get their 'Ring cherries popped

Paging Adam and Erik... you guys going to be in the area around late August and/or late September? Any other 6speeders?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:15 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I'm very happy for you...this thread has been here since months!
Don't forget to show us your new car...good luck with it

Old 08-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
How many more days till you pick this baby up? Also Pleeeease take lots of picture of the Ruf Center.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What a dream. A new Ruf - RT12 no less! And then make a few memories at the 'Ring. Congrats man!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Originally Posted by hesperus
ok, after all the delays, i've finally got my schedule sorted out.

i should be in Pfaffenhausen to collect the car finally. Will drive it for a few days before she goes back into storage for a month til I'm back in September to pick up the GT3 at Porsche.

Then both cars get their 'Ring cherries popped

Paging Adam and Erik... you guys going to be in the area around late August and/or late September? Any other 6speeders?
From what I understand there are no gt3 factory deliveries??

Old 08-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by xlr8ion
From what I understand there are no gt3 factory deliveries??
this is the email i received from my Porsche dealer just this week:

----------

The new car delivery is open from monday to friday from 8 am to 4 pm. It is situated in the Porsche factory 2 next to the Porsche Museum. A car park for customers is signposted.

Your must bring with you:

the confirmation of vehicle collection
the license plate (except tourist delivery)
the passport

Important!

With the beginning of model year 02 a new license plate holder for the 996 facelift had to be fitted on the front of the car.
Due to the EU directive this holder is made for the maximum length of a license plate which is 52 cm. Shorter plates can not be fitted. Please pay attention when licensing the car.

Floormats will be fitted by us free of charge.

We are not able to install personal radios/cd-players which customers bring with them.

The Delivery fee for new car collection includes

Preparation of the car
Factory tour
Drinks
Lunch
Keyring Boxster or 996 coupé, scale 1:87, silver plated
Digital photograph in standard paper size A4
Full tank
Detailed car hand over

Factory tours in german language

From march to the end of october there are two tours which start at 10am and 1.30 pm.
From november to the end of february there is one tour which starts at 10 am.

Factory tours in english language

All the year round there is one tour which starts at 10 am.

Meeting place for all tours is the reception of the new car delivery. Tours take approx. 90 minutes.

Important!
Children under 12 years are not allowed to take part in factory tours.
Photographing is not allowed during the tour.
It is very important to be at the meeting place in time because we are not able to take the customer to the group after the tour has started.
There are no factory tours before and after the company holidays. You will find more information about the exact dates in the TOP NEWS.

Lunch takes place in the guest restaurant, in exceptional cases it may take place in the company canteen. We will also be glad to serve vegetarian menues if required.

Important!
The customer has to be at lunch at 1.15 pm at the latest as the kitchen closes at that time.

The optimal day should be as follows:

9 am
10 am
11 am
12.30 pm
2 pm
Arrival, reception, coffee, museum
Factory tour
Car delivery
Lunch
Departure

The course may alter depending on the number of customers and the duration of the car hand over.

Hotel reservation. If you require a hotel reservation, please inform us ASAP.

Hire cars from Avis, Europcar, Sixt. If the customer arrives by hire car we will be glad to arrange the collection by the hire car company. The company will charge the collection and a complete filling up of the tank (if necessary).

Our address:

Dr.Ing.h.c.F. Porsche
Aktiengesellschaft
New Car Delivery / Neuwagenabholung
Porscheplatz 1
70435 Stuttgart
Telefon +49 711 / 911 - 5388
Telefax +49 711 / 911 - 6255

There is a possiblity to join a 6 days / 5 nights four - countries tour after your pick up. Included in the package are 5 overnight stays in 4-5 * hotels, dinner, breakfast, maps etc. For detailed information, kindly check our website http://www.porsche.com/newsandevents...rcountriestour.

Please let me know if you require any more information or assistance regarding your trip.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

----------

Old 08-10-2006, 05:56 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
You are picking up a 997 GT3, correct? Interesting that they haven't updated the form letter (re 996 references).

That truly should be a tremendous experience. Ahh, one day...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RT12 - ready for pick-up!