997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

RT12 - ready for pick-up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:45 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
You are picking up a 997 GT3, correct? Interesting that they haven't updated the form letter (re 996 references).

That truly should be a tremendous experience. Ahh, one day...
i was wondering about that actually... i thought to myself "that kinda sucks... we're picking up a 997 GT3, and they're giving out 996 keychains/models? WTF..."

hahaha

anyway, what's with no pictures at the factory tour? boo!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Although I didn't go on the "full length" factory tour, I did get to see some of the factory on my "abbreviated" tour and you will not be disappointed! I'm not surprised that they don't allow pictures. Trade secrets, etc. When I went on the X5/Z3 (at the time) tour in South Carolina, they didn't allow pictures either. My guess is that ALL factory tours around the world doesn't allow pictures at all.

Are you planning to pick up the RT12 and the GT3 around the same time? I see in your signature that you're picking up the GT3 in Sept and I recall you saying that you had to wait before getting the RT12. You truly lead a charmed life! Congrats to you!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:51 PM
996Carrera is infamous around these parts
I was at Ruf a few weeks back and saw it in the showroom. It looks perfect in white.

Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2006, 06:35 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
SICK!! Saw Mr. Ruf himself driving one during F1 in Bahrain (they're opening a RUF mini-factory there)

Attached Images   

Last edited by DJ; 08-21-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:03 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
WOW... That's a truly amazing vehicle!! It must be a real MONSTER to drive!

Old 08-18-2006, 12:43 AM
secc911 is infamous around these parts
Gees...I would probably swim to Germany to pick it up. I'd be so excited I'd beat the plane. That is one incredible car. I LOVE the interior!!! I'd say have fun but how could you not?

Old 08-18-2006, 06:31 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by secc911
Gees...I would probably swim to Germany to pick it up. I'd be so excited I'd beat the plane. That is one incredible car. I LOVE the interior!!! I'd say have fun but how could you not?
thanks! yes, finally i'm on a plane this weekend, and at long last will be able to actually drive the car! i will post pictures (and videos if possible) next week!

she has been sitting in the showroom since July! well, all good things are worth waiting for

cheers!

Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 PM
CarolynGaynor is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! It is truly stunnng. White with black detailing goes well with Porsche. Enjoy the ride!

Old 08-19-2006, 12:22 AM
secc911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hesperus
thanks! yes, finally i'm on a plane this weekend, and at long last will be able to actually drive the car! i will post pictures (and videos if possible) next week!

she has been sitting in the showroom since July! well, all good things are worth waiting for

cheers!
Nice! Take lots of pics and video. If I can't buy one, at least I can live vicariously through someone who can.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:23 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice

cheers!
Cool...finally you are ready
Don't forget us!

Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by pilone
Cool...finally you are ready
Don't forget us!
Am finally in Germany! arrived in Frankfurt this morning... driving out to Pfaffenhausen tomorrow. Just one more day...

Old 08-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Make sure you don't drink any coffee before pick-up - your heart might not take it!

Old 08-22-2006, 12:18 AM
SPEED RACER is infamous around these parts
very nice car.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
and.. and...

Old 08-22-2006, 04:35 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Am finally in Germany! arrived in Frankfurt this morning... driving out to Pfaffenhausen tomorrow. Just one more day...
Hope your camera batteries are charged!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RT12 - ready for pick-up!