997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Got It!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 05997S
Wow, good thing you got it early as you had nothing else to drive...

You've got some awesome cars in that garage, including three of my dream cars! CGT, 360CS and now the TT.. W.O.W!!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 08:04 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on the new addition. So which is your fav?

Last edited by neil.schneider; 06-23-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:09 AM
amirgt2 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I'll try to answer some of the questions that were asked but forgive me if I leave out any particular question that I may miss.

I ordered my car with a manual tranny and GT Silver exterior color from Rusnak Westlake in Thousand Oaks. The sales manager, Rich Kolowski, and my salesperson, Jaime Nello, along with everybody else there, are not among the best but THE best sales team I have EVER worked with. Truly a class act.

As far as comparisons go, it's much too early to say, especially not being able to rev the car past 4500 RPM. Overall though, it's a huge improvement over the 996TT. The short shift is fantastic, the PCCBs are phenomenal and it has the best steering feel of any AWD I have ever driven. The turbo lag is still fairly noticable. Although that just might be me and not having driven a 996TT in quite a while and having become more used to the responsiveness of normally aspirated engines. Obviously it has plenty of torque and great scoot down low.

Interestingly however, the sport chrono option has a different effect on the ride and throttle response than my wife's 997S. Where as on the S the ride becomes too bumpy for regular street driving, the turbo's ride definitely becomes more firm but it's not as bumpy or choppy. Likewise, the throttle response is also not as dramatically effected as it is on the Carrera S (although, that is more understandable due to the S's 3.8L normally aspirated engine.)

The exhaust is one of the quietest systems I have ever heard on a Porsche. I would even venture to say that my M5 is probably a little louder through 4K RPM. Beyond that we'll have to wait and see.
I'll try and get some more driving time in and post my impressions as the miles add on.

Happy Motoring,

Amir

BTW, as far as my favorite goes, it's not even close... It's the CGT by a mile!!!

Last edited by amirgt2; 06-23-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:52 AM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
Congrats Amir I think the reason you say there is turbo lag is because you have been driving naturally aspirated cars. Compared with a 996 TT the 997 TT has no turbo lag. The car is definitely a beast, I have driven a 2006 Z06, Ford GT, and Lambo Gallardo and the 997 TT can hang and possibly beat any of those cars from the seat of the pants feeling. Also another cool point about the new Turbo, the last Turbo you couldn't really hear the blow off valves on this new one you certainly can hear the whoosh sound as you shift gears. The other amazing point about the new car are the brakes, simply amazing and I am talking about just the Big Reds not the PCCBs. They stop on a dime. Anyone who has ordered one is going to a great suprise!!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
SuperDarius996T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ixlr82
Also another cool point about the new Turbo, the last Turbo you couldn't really hear the blow off valves on this new one you certainly can hear the whoosh sound as you shift gears.
really?

i love the whoosh sound!!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 AM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
I was suprised, but you can really hear the Turbos in this car, the sound is intoxicating.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 AM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
One lucky guy...congrats.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:09 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
WOW!!!! THAT'S SICK DUDE!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAR!! Congrats and nice choice on the options!

Old 06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Electron Mike is infamous around these parts
Very sweet and nice collection. It's amazing how exotic the CGT looks next to the turbo.

You gotta do something about that left side yard though! J/K

Old 06-23-2006, 01:19 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
You have a german shepard, Nice
We used to have German shepards they are really good

Old 06-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Mike,

You think. I was kinda going for the wild messy look. It's a brand new house and I just moved in, so all of that fun stuff is in process... Including the garage. Lot's of Fun.

Amir

Old 06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by amirgt2
Mike,

You think. I was kinda going for the wild messy look. It's a brand new house and I just moved in, so all of that fun stuff is in process... Including the garage. Lot's of Fun.

Amir
Just enjoy it man

Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks Mohamed. I love German Shepherds as well. They are extremely smart dogs. A little too smart sometimes.

Amir

Old 06-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by amirgt2
Thanks Mohamed. I love German Shepherds as well. They are extremely smart dogs. A little too smart sometimes.

Amir
Your welcome

Old 06-23-2006, 01:33 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I think it is against the law to have all those great cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.