997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
I hope this is the last I see of these threads.

Think he would've posted the results if the TT won? Hmmm?

Congrats on the win.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Banned
trev0006 has a spectacular aura abouttrev0006 has a spectacular aura about
Stage 4 996TT will hang with stock z06 (dynoed on dynojet at 459whp STOCK) from 60 mph roll, stage 4 with race program will hang with z06 with headers and tune making 490whp on dynojet. I have tested this with my friends z06 I think z06 is the fastest car I have driven stock. The power is amazing at high rpms and all the way up to 7K rpm it pulls hard. Overall amazing car for the price, If power is your thing this is the car for you. I would say the 996tt feels more sure footed when zipping around at high speeds, don't get me wrong the z06 has all the grip but its just that the confidence while driving the 996tt is higher and I would assume since I have not driven the 997TT that the 997TT would feel even more sure footed then 996TT.

Note: You have to have at least 480whp 996tt to keep up with a stock z06.

Last edited by trev0006; 07-03-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:20 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
According to the German board, at higher speeds over 230km/h(144mph) the 997 starts to pull away slowly, and this is with a tip. The Z06 was lightly modded

Sounds like you're picking on someone that doesn't know when/how to shift , break-in period is also not completed.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Congratulations SC . . . you have an AWESOME car. And to those that comment "but its a Chevy," damn right its a Chevy, and Chevy has built one hell of a car that deserves our respect!

Craig

Old 07-03-2006, 11:44 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Now I happen to probably be one of the biggest P-car fans on earth, but we all have to give credit where credit is due. No one is disputing that the porsche is the better all around package. It is the better quality car but we do pay for that. I would never trade my 996 GT3 in for a Z06 but that is because I have a love for porsches that I can not break. However, I have to admit Chevy really did outdo themselves this time. The Z06 is a monster. It is fast and a bargain for what you get. The 911 turbos have always been the benchmarks of performance and will probably be for the rest of eternity, but just think about the stir that the Z06 has made lately on every car forum. It is pretty crazy. Honestly they are both great cars, I would never trade my porsche for a vette, but if I had an extra 70k to play with after I bought my porsche, I would be running to the nearest chevy dealer and picking up a Z06 (well maybe an RS4 )!

Old 07-04-2006, 12:06 AM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SRW
According to the German board, at higher speeds over 230km/h(144mph) the 997 starts to pull away slowly, and this is with a tip. The Z06(C06) was lightly modded

Sounds like you're picking on someone that doesn't know when/how to shift , break-in period is also not completed.
Edit: Z06 = C06 535hp

C06 ?

Old 07-04-2006, 12:51 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I think he meant C6 Z06

Old 07-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
A friend of mine who has had many fast cars now has 7500 miles on his C6 Z06 and says it's the best. He never owned a Porsche though. In a few weeks our former M5 group are getting together and that would include that car, me, new RS4, SL 55 and member Sean's Ruf-modified 2003 TT. I'm sure we will have info to report, and maybe video. FWIW, a GM insider my friend knows says the Blue Devil is coming and unless Porsche is planning a Turbo S with a severe diet/ HP upgrade, forget about acceleration comparisons. Sub 4 sec. 0-60s or 1/4s on alot of these cars is traction limited, assuming the driver knows what they are doing.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:10 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
You know who the big winner here is right?

Todd @EVO.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
The Chevy remark was a JOKE for crying out loud. I am sure that the Vette is quicker, than again it should be.

Congrats to the poster on the win, let's see a video

Christian

Old 07-04-2006, 01:27 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
I just got a sneak preview of the 2008 'Vette.
I have it already on pre-order and my 997 S in trade .
Talk about PERFORMANCE :
0 - 60 mph in MINUS 0.0002 seconds . WOW

Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2006, 01:41 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I think its funny some people are so wrapped up in what others think of them that they say stuff like "I wouldn't be caught dead in a Vette" or bash on what is obviously a world class supercar for no better reason than its American made or that its a Chevrolet.

Both of my first two Porsche were insane pieces of ****, I mean I basically couldn't stand them, they broke all the time. But I still love them because they are a true drivers car. I feel the same about the Vette.

Why do you guys feel compelled to talk **** about such a great car?

Old 07-04-2006, 02:01 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 05997S
I think its funny some people are so wrapped up in what others think of them that they say stuff like "I wouldn't be caught dead in a Vette" or bash on what is obviously a world class supercar for no better reason than its American made or that its a Chevrolet.

Both of my first two Porsche were insane pieces of ****, I mean I basically couldn't stand them, they broke all the time. But I still love them because they are a true drivers car. I feel the same about the Vette.

Why do you guys feel compelled to talk **** about such a great car?
Because most people arent enthusiasts and flat out, dont know any better about the cars besides their sterotype's. C6 is remarkable, Z06 is out of this world, its built for flat out performance, and it deliver's it with no hesitation!

Old 07-04-2006, 03:20 PM
turbodog is infamous around these parts
Isn't this a 997TT forum? So the Z06 wins, now what? What is it that you hope to accomplish?

Do you believe that a faster Z06 will change anyones mind who either has a 997TT on order or has already taken delivery? I doubt it will, most of the folks who bought a 997TT wanted a Porsche for their own personal reasons, not solely based on the 0-60 times.

The 0-60 rhetoric will go on forever, not just between the 997TT and the Z06. There will be new entries and comparisons every new model year.

So, congratulations, the Z06 is a wonderful car, I hope those that own them enjoy them, and I hope that those who are convinced of buying them make a choice that will bring them happiness.

I prefer the 997TT. Thank you.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Tony (FL) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbodog
Isn't this a 997TT forum? So the Z06 wins, now what? What is it that you hope to accomplish?
Exactly what I was thinking. I come here to read about the 997TT, not the Z06. How many threads do we have to read from Z06 owners about how fast their car is or how much better it is than the TT? If I want to read about the Z06 endlessly, I can go to one of the many Corvette forums that exist.
I think the Z06 is an awesome car for the money, but is definitely not the car for me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!