997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:09 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 05997S
Why do you guys feel compelled to talk **** about such a great car?

Perhaps if the **** car quits calling itself a great car we will feel less compelled to mention it at all.

Why don't you look and see who started this stupid thread .

Last edited by JCS; 07-04-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:46 PM
turbodog is infamous around these parts
To the credit of the thread starter, he made a serious attempt to isolate the purpose of the thread by making this a drag race between the two cars. The result is the result. There was a winner and a loser. It was over for me before the thread even started, because I could care less about which one is faster.

The reasons I bought the 997TT are personal and that discussion would be appropriate for another thread within the confines of the 997TT forum.

But, I hope its over in the mind of the author of this thread. Congratulations SCvet00, you won and the 997TT crowd will have to move on and find a way to live with the result.

For me, life with the 997TT and without the Z06 will be quite good. Now that you are finished, please go back to the Z06 sandbox and play nicely, because you will not be missed on this forum.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
To think this is one of the more "civilized" sites out there, but like ALL the others most people want to think there's is the best. Some of us, alot even appreciate the Z06 for what it is but would rather spend more for a Porsche. I have no doubt that the mere presence of such cars causes elevation of all the "competition", even if most buyers wouldn't cross over. People like bragging rights and I'm sure the manufacturer's are keeping tabs on the other guy as well. I remeber one of the designer or engineer guys on the Ford GT project spoke about how they had a 360 around as their target. So long as you are happy with your choice is all that matters. It is safe to assume a Porsche owner has the funds to buy a Corvette, but certainly not the other way. Same thing when the subject of Ferraris comes up and we bash them as being "overpriced" and "slower" than our cars but I'm sure alot of you would trade straight up if given the opportunity. I don't know if I would because for me it's about the total package and that includes performance, looks, individuality, cost of ownership and how I feel behind the wheel.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:17 PM
jc997 is infamous around these parts
IMO,

997 TT should prevail on top, btw as a former vette owner I couldn't convince myself paying 15k over MSRP (what dealers are still demanding) for an 06 ZO6. So decided on an 06 997S & have no regrets!

06 997S
EVO Intake, GIAC tuning, headers, IForged coming soon.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !

Christian

Originally Posted by SCvet00
I am still waiting on the video fellas. Not within my hands now. Just waiting..

Also, I am glad I quit taking part of this thread a while ago. It was simple once I realized that most of you are nothing but a bunch of brand loyalists that can not see past a cars make. That is ok, you can drive your awesome Porsches as I drive my lowly chebby, all while I am passing you on the street and on the track..

p.s.- To all the cool Porsche owners that have an open mind, please disregard the above post as it was merely directed towards the non car-enthusiasts on this board. I have nothing but respect for Porsche, but have no respect for some close minded ****** that own them..

I will now get back on my posting break again until I get the video..

Old 07-04-2006, 05:39 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jc997
IMO,

997 TT should prevail on top

06 997S
EVO Intake, GIAC tuning, headers, IForged coming soon.
"on top" is where the Turbo was losing most grounds. If I did not let off the gas, I would have pulled even more so. If I would have wound out 4th gear, it would have been really ugly for the turbo.

I am still waiting on the video fellas. Not within my hands now. Just waiting from Rick..

Also, I am glad I quit taking part of this thread a while ago. It was simple once I realized that most of you are nothing but a bunch of brand loyalists that can not see past a cars make. That is ok, you can drive your awesome Porsches as I drive my lowly chebby, all while I am passing you on the street and on the track..

p.s.- To all the cool Porsche owners that have an open mind, please disregard the above post as it was merely directed towards the non car-enthusiasts on this board. I have nothing but respect for Porsche, but have no respect for some close minded ****** that own them..

Old 07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
But you're still "viewing" the thread. Isn't that kind of participating?

Old 07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
"on top" is where the Turbo was losing most grounds. If I did not let off the gas, I would have pulled even more so. If I would have wound out 4th gear, it would have been really ugly for the turbo.

I am still waiting on the video fellas. Not within my hands now. Just waiting from Rick..

I was reading it and like WTF, he forgot about me LOL, then came across the last paragraph and was like ahh I still am wondering if he has the sport chrono package, iw ould think that would make it so equal against the two, weird!

Old 07-04-2006, 05:53 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of

Please take a long break... You coming over here to stir up **** contributes nothing to the forum. "Car-enthusiasts", hahaha you come over here to show off your chevy and when people don't stroke your car for being faster you get hurt. If anyone here gave a **** about these cars believe me they would be posting over in a corvette forum, this is a Porsche foum. You can stop trying to measure up here, your e-***** is bigger than ours k?

Last edited by ZLP; 07-04-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Please take a long break... You coming over here to stir up **** contributes nothing to the forum. "Car-enthusiasts", hahaha you come over here to show off your chevy and when people don't stroke your car for being faster you get hurt. If anyone here gave a **** about these cars beleive me they would be posting over in a corvette forum, this is a Porsche foum. You can stop trying to measure up here, your e-***** is bigger than ours k?
Okay, so it wasn't the most diplomatic way of telling ole SCvette to take a hike, but your comments put a smile on my face, thank you.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:56 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ZLP
Please take a long break... You coming over here to stir up **** contributes nothing to the forum. "Car-enthusiasts", hahaha you come over here to show off your chevy and when people don't stroke your car for being faster you get hurt. If anyone here gave a **** about these cars believe me they would be posting over in a corvette forum, this is a Porsche foum. You can stop trying to measure up here, your e-***** is bigger than ours k?
This post is uncalled for. Since the 997TT introduction there has been much talk about its perfrormance compared to the Z06. It is a worthy discussion on THIS FORUM. I have no doubt that had the 997TT won many would be discussing the the win ad nauseam. What you are trying to do is censor not only his discussion of the win but the video to follow.

This is not a place to avoid a Z06 owner. The street is.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:09 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nberry
This post is uncalled for. Since the 997TT introduction there has been much talk about its perfrormance compared to the Z06. It is a worthy discussion on THIS FORUM. I have no doubt that had the 997TT won many would be discussing the the win ad nauseam. What you are trying to do is censor not only his discussion of the win but the video to follow.
Yea talk from the Z06 owners, not 997TT owners. This topic has already been beaten to death.

Speak for yourself

Old 07-04-2006, 07:15 PM

Nick, after reading dozens of posts of yours on the other forums, I wasn't the least bit surprised by your comment here.

The opinion you shared that this is a "worthy discussion on THIS FORUM" is just that - your opinion, not a fact.

And if the 997TT did win in SCVett00's drag race, then the so-called ad nauseum discussion would be quite called for on THIS FORUM. It's the 997TT forum, not the Z06 Forum or the Ferrari Forum.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:12 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turbodog
Nick, after reading dozens of posts of yours on the other forums, I wasn't the least bit surprised by your comment here.

The opinion you shared that this is a "worthy discussion on THIS FORUM" is just that - your opinion, not a fact.

And if the 997TT did win in SCVett00's drag race, then the so-called ad nauseum discussion would be quite called for on THIS FORUM. It's the 997TT forum, not the Z06 Forum or the Ferrari Forum.
First I was shocked that the Z06 beat the 997TT at higher speeds. One test had the 997TT beating the Z06 from 80-120 by over 5 sec. When I read what happened in a actual race, I reread the test. What I found was both cars were required to be in 6th gear. Thus gearing was critical in the outcome. Shouldn't 997TT owners be aware of this?

If you read my posts, you know I am not a fan of Porsche the company but believe they make a good car. I will spare you my reasons for not liking Porsche. But here is a hint; whenever you are buying a new Porsche hold on to your wallet.

The last thing anyone would want to do is engage in selective posting for any chat site. To do so is to make it a sycophant site which stimulates no one other than Porsche owner's into self delusion. If that is what this site is to be, it is only fair for the moderator's to so indicate. I will comply.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Honestly i somewhat agree. This whole topic was civil and straight to the point with one thing in mind from SCvet, to run both and post it up as a comparo. Then it just so happened to get out of control with the stereotype's, uncalled for bashing of either car and so on, being a true loyalist to his car he defended it, and so did our Porsche guys.

We all have alot in common, SCvet is a cool guy and ive talked to him through several PM's, he is indeed a car enthusiast and like's porsche's alot so it seems, so let's cut this **** out! I think what he said needed to be said because porsche isnt the hottest and best thing out, same can be said about the cocky bmw owners, ferrari and so on, fact is it has to be put out there to smack these people in the face and wake them up!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!