997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:44 PM
turbodog is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nberry
First I was shocked that the Z06 beat the 997TT at higher speeds. One test had the 997TT beating the Z06 from 80-120 by over 5 sec. When I read what happened in a actual race, I reread the test. What I found was both cars were required to be in 6th gear. Thus gearing was critical in the outcome. Shouldn't 997TT owners be aware of this?

If you read my posts, you know I am not a fan of Porsche the company but believe they make a good car. I will spare you my reasons for not liking Porsche. But here is a hint; whenever you are buying a new Porsche hold on to your wallet.

The last thing anyone would want to do is engage in selective posting for any chat site. To do so is to make it a sycophant site which stimulates no one other than Porsche owner's into self delusion. If that is what this site is to be, it is only fair for the moderator's to so indicate. I will comply.
I think owners of any car should be aware of lots of things. It just seems alot of people like "crashing the party" on some of these forums. For me, I don't jump on the Z06 forum and discuss the virtues of the 997TT - that's their house and I respect them for what they like to drive and enjoy. I prefer to converse with the 997TT owners in the 997TT forums. But that's just me.

With respect to the money thing you so cleverly refer to above. Back in the late 60's, Eric Burden and the Animals wrote a song containing the following lyric:

"Its my life and I'll do what I want.."

I know from many of your posts how proud you are with your Ferrari investments and I think that is admirable. But I am not here to judge how you or anyone else on the forums choose to spend their dough. So I'll buy the car of my choice and decide how I'll "hold my wallet". When you step up to the plate and offer to pay my bills, then you can tell me how to hold my wallet.

Nick, I like "self delusion" with respect to the 997TT. In fact, I love it. That's the exact reason I am on the 997TT forum, it's all about self delusion and hanging around all the rest of the owners who are self delusional. Life is good, let's enjoy our respective cars in peace.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:46 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by turbodog
I think owners of any car should be aware of lots of things. It just seems alot of people like "crashing the party" on some of these forums. For me, I don't jump on the Z06 forum and discuss the virtues of the 997TT - that's their house and I respect them for what they like to drive and enjoy. I prefer to converse with the 997TT owners in the 997TT forums. But that's just me.

Internet troll

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<!-- start content -->

Internet Troll

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.

Last edited by ZLP; 07-04-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

With respect to the money thing you so cleverly refer to above. Back in the late 60's, Eric Burden and the Animals wrote a song containing the following lyric:

I know from many of your posts how proud you are with your Ferrari investments and I think that is admirable. But I am not here to judge how you or anyone else on the forums choose to spend their dough. So I'll buy the car of my choice and decide how I'll "hold my wallet". When you step up to the plate and offer to pay my bills, then you can tell me how to hold my wallet.

Nick, I like "self delusion" with respect to the 997TT. In fact, I love it. That's the exact reason I am on the 997TT forum, it's all about self delusion and hanging around all the rest of the owners who are self delusional. Life is good, let's enjoy our respective cars in peace.
I think your more than 100% correct!! I just think you guys didnt tune into the whole thread, not you but some in general and see the post's by scvet without the others that triggered him to go back at the Porsche owner's, us! He appologized and said he shouldnt have stooped to their level and i agree, its a shame people think and say what they do just because its not a Porsche or high end exotic, as a true "car enthusiast" one must appreciate the achievment that has been made by this C6 Z06, it honestly does not recieve the credit it does and i wouldnt expect out of nowhere people saying it on a Porsche based forum. BUT, i would expect people to be more welcoming , interested to learn about how great the Z06 does at PERFORMING and not being cut throat and blirting out ignorant comments, it happens too much!

Bottom line, he's a good guy and some of you guys antagonized scvet to the point where he defended his car and said what he did about the 997TT. Both are awesome, let's stop the BS, its really stupid.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:51 PM
turbodog is infamous around these parts
ZLP, I was trying to be kind. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt by stating that his challenge was all about the drag race and nothing else. But emotions give way, and the bantering starts, then the original intent of the poster turns to a blur and 150+ posts later, the conclusion is that the guy is nothing more than a troll.

How sad.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:52 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
The truth is many of us like domestic cars(me included) and respect them. We chose to buy Porsches for various reasons just like domestic owners buy their cars for their own reasons. It is only when someone with a domestic car comes on to a Porsche specific forum to post about a car with most of us know is already faster to basically gloat. Lets call it for what it is, SCVET would not be here if he thought the 997TT was faster than his car.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:57 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Okay, so it wasn't the most diplomatic way of telling ole SCvette to take a hike, but your comments put a smile on my face, thank you.
i dont think i have put comments in on this thread yet and have been reading every day. The 997 TT is easily the better package all around. From what I have seen in tests, the 997 TT is the faster car. It has beaten the z06 in 0-60, 0-100, 100-0, and guess what guys (i know ull like it because i did), Porsche just got this years #1 spot in initial car quality, so not only is it one of the top 3 in dependability it is the BEST initially. can u say that about the z06, NO WAY! I personally dont like vettes, i think the styling is 3rd world in terms of cars, and other than being a huge engine in a plastic tube, it is nothing. Porsche is the peak of automive engineering along with Ferrari, Lambo's and BMW M series. Nothing will ever be able to compete in my mind.

As far as the race goes, let your friend brake it in and then race. Better yet, i wont be buying a 997 TT but know that me driving one could take that race, easily. I hate to brag and im not trying to but Im quite a good driver and can safely say the outcome would have been different had I been driving the car and had it been broken in. I mean the 997S ran faster after it was broken in as Porsche have been known for and all the tests out have put the 997 TT ahead of all its competitors. Take a look, this is from autocar

0-30 0-60 0-100 100-0 total time

1.64 4.12 8.82 4.2 13.65 o6 model gallardo
2.26 4.76 9.88 4.54 14.95 bmw m6
1.97 4.29 8.66 4.42 13.80 z06 corvette
1.3 3.6 8.00 4.25 12.5 porsche 997 turbo
1.4 2.8 5.5 3.4 9.9 bugatti veyron
1.61 3.3 5.6 5.1 10.7 suzuki gsx-r1000

I am only going to post this one test, but as you probably all know, this and other are here on the 997 TT section. Not only is the 997TT beating out the z06, by a good amount too. the only ones that can outdo it are the beast 1001 hp bugatti and the gsx. it beats out all the others. I drive a Porsche so I stick to the Porsche forums, I dont go everywhere else trying to stir the pot if you will (hint hint).

Old 07-04-2006, 09:03 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nberry
First I was shocked that the Z06 beat the 997TT at higher speeds. One test had the 997TT beating the Z06 from 80-120 by over 5 sec. When I read what happened in a actual race, I reread the test. What I found was both cars were required to be in 6th gear. Thus gearing was critical in the outcome. Shouldn't 997TT owners be aware of this?

If you read my posts, you know I am not a fan of Porsche the company but believe they make a good car. I will spare you my reasons for not liking Porsche. But here is a hint; whenever you are buying a new Porsche hold on to your wallet.

The last thing anyone would want to do is engage in selective posting for any chat site. To do so is to make it a sycophant site which stimulates no one other than Porsche owner's into self delusion. If that is what this site is to be, it is only fair for the moderator's to so indicate. I will comply.
Are you kidding me? hold on to ur wallet. I know of plenty of people who call ferraris pieces of crap, having to replace the clutch frequently and complaining of shifter problems, problems I wouldnt think to have in a 200K+ car. If you didnt see my last post, Porsche took #1 in initial car quality this year, over lexus. I love ferraris, dont get me wrong, but they are not dependable compared to porsches, or even lambos.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:07 PM

turbodog, you make a very good point, 'Ferrari investments', thats exactly the way they are perceived, as investments. all the Porsche owners I know, including my self, and in fact many lambo drivers and especially bmw drivers ENJOY their cars. They dont try to keep milage low as to worry about depreciation and retaining value.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:09 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
I think the 997 TT will take it.... in overboost mode it's over 500 HP and 500 lb/ft of torque... the Z06 doesn't make nearly as much torque... and by the way I do think the HP of the 997TT is *underrated*.....

Old 07-04-2006, 09:17 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZLP
SCVET would not be here if he thought the 997TT was faster than his car.
You kidding, right? Z06 vs. 997TT has been talked about forever. This was actually the first time that it was physically going to happen in a race, so I thought I would post up and get some opinions. What happens next? People start to bash the Z06 due to its brand. Give me f'ing break. Go back and find out for yourself who started this garabge. I didn't post "What brand of car would you rather have and why", rather, I asked opinions about a race between two fast cars.

I came here solely to announce a race and get some opinions from other car enthusiasts. I ONLY started to act and say what I said AFTER people started going off on a tangent and bashing the Z06 becuase of its brand. Sure, I thought the Z06 was going to win even before the race, but what does my thinking of the outcome have to do with people acting the way they did??? Please, go reread the thread and you tell me who started bashing first!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 09:21 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Take a look, this is from autocar

0-30 0-60 0-100 100-0 total time

1.64 4.12 8.82 4.2 13.65 o6 model gallardo
2.26 4.76 9.88 4.54 14.95 bmw m6
1.97 4.29 8.66 4.42 13.80 z06 corvette
1.3 3.6 8.00 4.25 12.5 porsche 997 turbo
1.4 2.8 5.5 3.4 9.9 bugatti veyron
1.61 3.3 5.6 5.1 10.7 suzuki gsx-r1000

I am only going to post this one test, but as you probably all know, this and other are here on the 997 TT section. Not only is the 997TT beating out the z06, by a good amount too. the only ones that can outdo it are the beast 1001 hp bugatti and the gsx. it beats out all the others. I drive a Porsche so I stick to the Porsche forums, I dont go everywhere else trying to stir the pot if you will (hint hint).
And I can also show you tests where the Z06 beat the 997TT. Your point?

You say I am stirring the pot! WHERE, PLEASE show me where? I came on here stating a race, AND THAT IS IT. I started to "Stir the pot" ONLY after some brand loyalists started to bash the Z06 SOLELY due to its brand. REREAD THE THREAD!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 09:33 PM
DropGems is infamous around these parts
Nobody ever answered if the car had the sport chrono option or not. Also, this is just one test with a barely broken in manual 997tt that could've had some sucky driver. It's not the final verdict. I'm sure we'll be getting some "tip 997tt smoked a new z06" threads within the next month as well.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:50 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I find it quite amusing that now that they have finally built a Corvette that can perform, they just have to compare it to the benchmark (Porsche). "If it's faster than a Porsche, then it must be good." Think of all of those other models that were absolute buckets of junk. The C4 and C5. Until the C6 and only the Z06, I wouldn't take a second look at a Corvette.

Now they have something to brag about, and they are doing it. If it makes them feel better about their choice of cars, so be it. Until now, I never heard a word about how great the Corvette was, because as I said before, it was absolute garbage. Yes, the new Z is fast, but time will only tell with regard to reliability.

Congratulations on building a car you can be proud of, for now. For me, nothing can beat a Gt2 with a 700 hp kit. And I don't mean that in merely a speed sense. I mean that personally, that is my dream machine. That will soon be my fate and I think I'll be happy. If the C6Z makes you happy, great.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:50 PM
ZLP
Originally Posted by SCvet00
You kidding, right? Z06 vs. 997TT has been talked about forever. This was actually the first time that it was physically going to happen in a race, so I thought I would post up and get some opinions. What happens next? People start to bash the Z06 due to its brand. Give me f'ing break. Go back and find out for yourself who started this garabge. I didn't post "What brand of car would you rather have and why", rather, I asked opinions about a race between two fast cars.

I came here solely to announce a race and get some opinions from other car enthusiasts. I ONLY started to act and say what I said AFTER people started going off on a tangent and bashing the Z06 becuase of its brand. Sure, I thought the Z06 was going to win even before the race, but what does my thinking of the outcome have to do with people acting the way they did??? Please, go reread the thread and you tell me who started bashing first!!!
Most people already knew the outcome like you already admitted yet you still are the one who started this topic. Go re-read the definition of a troll I posted....

Last edited by ZLP; 07-04-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Most people already knew the outcome like you already admitted yet you still are the one who started this topic. Go re-read the definition of a troll I posted....
I did. It fits you quite well, actually..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put your bets up. C6 Z06 vs. 997 TT!!